Oklahoma St @ Texas - 1/03/18 | The Boneyard

Oklahoma St @ Texas - 1/03/18

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I can't watch this game because Longhorn Network is just about the only channel I can't get online as a cord-cutter. :mad:

OSU leads 44-40 at the half. Giving Texas all they can handle. Jensen, Goodwin, and Miller are each already in double figures. This Cowgirl team is one of the pleasant surprises of the season.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Okla. State is aggressive and good. Okla. State up 44 - 40 at the half.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I can't watch this game because Longhorn Network is just about the only channel I can't get online as a cord-cutter. :mad:

OSU leads 44-40 at the half. Giving Texas all they can handle. Jensen, Goodwin, and Miller are each already in double figures. This Cowgirl team is one of the pleasant surprises of the season.

Also have to like their offense. They move and pass the ball better than Texas.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Elsewhere in the Big 12:

#12 West Virginia is upset at home by Kansas State, 60-52, after being outscored 18-8 in the 4th quarter.

WVU's lack of depth (with two starters out injured) finally caught up with them. Their starting backcourt of Ray-Pardee-Davenport shot a combined 3 of 30 from the field. Ouch.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Texas is connecting on 59% of their shots and still losing?!?

Is Holmes not 100%? She didn't start and has 2 points at the moment.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Oklahoma State has been impressive all year. Loryn Goodwin is a great addition.

Holmes hasn’t started since she came back. KA said she was going to ease back in as she isn’t in game shape yet. Just scored her first points of the season tonight.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Texas is connecting on 59% of their shots and still losing?!?

Is Holmes not 100%? She didn't start and has 2 points at the moment.
Box score currently shows: Texas 58%, OSU 55%. But OSU has the edge in 3-point shots, free throws, and offensive rebounding to more than compensate for the slightly lower shooting percentage.

Holmes is nowhere near her form. She was entirely away from the team until Dec. 23. That's what happens when you're not allowed to practice with the team and you're not in game shape.

Reaction Score
Holmes is nowhere near her form. She was entirely away from the team until Dec. 23. That's what happens when you're not allowed to practice with the team and you're not in game shape.

Looking at her in high school / intl / etc., I kinda started to wonder if she could be the female LeBron. She seemed to have a bit of that explosive power forward thing going on with her.

Right now, though, she seems slower than she was then. Definitely not in game shape. If she rebuilds herself in the offseason, she might still become something like what I wondered she could be.

Plebe

Reaction Score
This game is going down to the wire. Texas took its first lead since the 1st quarter a couple minutes ago. They now have a 80-79 lead and the ball with less than a minute to play. Texas just might survive this one.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Texas wins this one with their depth and some timely free throws.

OSU's starters played 173 minutes. Goodwin played 40, Miller played 39, and Jensen (despite foul trouble) played 38.

More red flags on Texas' frontcourt: Starting center Caron-Goudreau had 0 points (0-1 shooting), 1 rebound, 1 block, 2 turnovers, and 4 fouls in 24 minutes of play. Jatarie White had 10 points and 7 boards in 34 minutes of play.

Joyner Holmes played only 9 minutes, and had 2 points and 2 rebounds.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Would be remiss not to acknowledge a huge career game from Lashann Higgs: 30 points on 11-15 shooting, and a perfect 7-7 from the free throw line. She's showing lots of improvement, and she and McCarty really carried Texas today.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Good win for Texas. Higgs is playing really good.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Looking at her in high school / intl / etc., I kinda started to wonder if she could be the female LeBron. She seemed to have a bit of that explosive power forward thing going on with her.

Right now, though, she seems slower than she was then. Definitely not in game shape. If she rebuilds herself in the offseason, she might still become something like what I wondered she could be.

Meanwhile, Lauren Cox made the sophomore leap and is having a tremendous season, averaging 15+ points and 9+rebunds.

Reaction Score
Proud of our team. That was tough. Oklahoma State is underrated. They beat UCLA and lost to Mississippi State by one in Starkville, I believe. I hope Joyner Holmes gets back in form quickly, because her quickness and athleticism give Texas a lift inside.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Proud of our team. That was tough. Oklahoma State is underrated. They beat UCLA and lost to Mississippi State by one in Starkville, I believe. I hope Joyner Holmes gets back in form quickly, because her quickness and athleticism give Texas a lift inside.

Was Boothe sick/injured? I don’t see any minutes for her in the box score.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Not to split hairs here, but the loss to MSU was by 3 and that was with the help of a meaningless last-second 3-pointer by OSU.

I believe it's gonna take some time for Holmes to bring her form up. I wouldn't expect great things from her for at least a couple weeks.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not to split hairs here, but the loss to MSU was by 3 and that was with the help of a meaningless last-second 3-pointer by OSU.

I believe it's gonna take some time for Holmes to bring her form up. I wouldn't expect great things from her for at least a couple weeks.

I hope she is in game shape/form for the Baylor game on Jan 25. I think we all want to see both teams at their best.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I hope she is in game shape/form for the Baylor game on Jan 25. I think we all want to see both teams at their best.
That would be great. I'm not very optimistic about that, but of course that'd be great. Heck, I'd want her at full capacity for the UConn game if at all possible.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Elsewhere in the Big 12:

#12 West Virginia is upset at home by Kansas State, 60-52, after being outscored 18-8 in the 4th quarter.

WVU's lack of depth (with two starters out injured) finally caught up with them. Their starting backcourt of Ray-Pardee-Davenport shot a combined 3 of 30 from the field. Ouch.

Also, elsewhere, Baylor destroys ISU by 42. Six players in double figures. I’m really liking this team.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That would be great. I'm not very optimistic about that, but of course that'd be great. Heck, I'd want her at full capacity for the UConn game if at all possible.

I agree with that, also.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Also, elsewhere, Baylor destroys ISU by 42. Six players in double figures. I’m really liking this team.
I watched parts of this game and it was a complete steamrolling. The score was something ridiculous like 42-6 midway through 2Q.

I can see why you are so high on Alexis Morris. She's coming along nicely, getting significant minutes off the bench.

Reaction Score
I know Morris is very good. Rellah could have gone in tonight, the way she has been playing. Aston seemed to be going with those who have played all year. She subbed much less than usual. I think Rellah would have held her own and possibly more so.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I know Morris is very good. Rellah could have gone in tonight, the way she has been playing. Aston seemed to be going with those who have played all year. She subbed much less than usual. I think Rellah would have held her own and possibly more so.
The competition was not good enough for her.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I watched parts of this game and it was a complete steamrolling. The score was something ridiculous like 42-6 midway through 2Q.

I can see why you are so high on Alexis Morris. She's coming along nicely, getting significant minutes off the bench.

Morris’s jumper is a pretty as I’ve seen. She is so good off the dribble and she can pull up in an instant and drain it. With her in the game Wallace can move to the 2, which is her natural position. Having those two in the game also frees up Chou for three point opportunities. Landrum is also draining the 3 at a 50% clip.

ISU decided to choose the Baylor guards as their poison and the Baylor guards made them pay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom