Oklahoma post game thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Oklahoma post game thread

Reaction Score
When the team needed rebounds, Anna got 11. When the team needed assists in early games, Anna got them. When the team needed a defensive burst, Anna was there (look at the games and try to remember when someone she was guarding scored, other than after a disputed block called a foul), if the time comes when the others have an off scoring game, want to bet Geno turns to her and says, “Less passes. More shots.”
I’m actually hoping he would say fewer passes. It is college, after all.

Reaction Score
Kyla has fewer TOs per minute played than anyone else on the team by a large margin. 8 TO in 185 minutes = 1.73 per 40. Next best is Anna at 2.12 per 40.
Is there a touch per game stat? I would assume she also touches the ball less than anyone.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Is there a touch per game stat? I would assume she also touches the ball less than anyone.

You don't seem to have been watching closely -- she's often in the high post position on offense, occasionally brings the ball upcourt, and has the second highest assist rate on the team.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You're right, I thought Aubrey would earn more minutes "this year" but alas, not to be .. oh well, I was wrong...
She’s an electrifying player, for sure, but she plays one on one too much. Still, she’s just a freshman and will learn.

Reaction Score
I'd say that the coaches know that the 7 player rotation needs a lot of playing time together to become the well-oiled machine UConn fans are accustomed to seeing.

BTW, I have no problem with your posts about Griffin. If over-exuberance and unbridled optimism were banned from here some of the most popular posters would be in trouble.
Thanks! .. I feel just as you do, eh?

Reaction Score
Just checked out Anna's older sister, Ola, a red shirt junior at Utah. Quite a resemblance. There's no doubt they're sisters.

Reaction Score
Ola plays Colorado, which puts its unbeaten streak on the line, at home Dec 29 and again in Colorado Jan 17. It will be interesting to see her style after watching Anna. Ola is 6’ 3” and plays a different position but shoots a lot of threes.

Reaction Score
I'd say that the coaches know that the 7 player rotation needs a lot of playing time together to become the well-oiled machine UConn fans are accustomed to seeing.

BTW, I have no problem with your posts about Griffin. If over-exuberance and unbridled optimism were banned from here some of the most popular posters would be in trouble.
Some of the Mods are as high on Griffin as you, me, and 30 others. By all visibles she is going to be exceptional. So be as OVER exuberant as you choose you are in good company.
I too think Ania shall become an integral part of Uconn for the next 3.5 years in the model of Kia Nurse.

Reaction Score
Both Kyla and Geno have said that the difference for her this year is sticking to what she does well — and only what she does well.

Geno said the past three years it was almost like she was trying to prove she belonged, so she did EVERYTHING. That led to a long life on the bench.

It had nothing to do with her size and conditioning.
While I agree with all you say here, except Conditioning. In the Geno mode of operation Conditioning is everything next to talent. He runs most of his kids near 40 minutes. Often Conditioning is the difference between winning and losing. I dare say that if you are not in condition for Geno you don't play--maybe a stretch but close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom