OKC signs DHam to Two-Way Contract | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OKC signs DHam to Two-Way Contract

Reaction Score
Hamilton is different because he couldn't wait to get out of Dodge and obviously didn't enjoy being here.
I don't think that's true. Wanted to be in the NBA ASAP? Yes. You're going to hold that against him?

One thing is certain: if Hamilton does withdraw his name from the draft at some point, he will be back at UConn for his junior year. There is no thought at all by the Los Angeles native of transferring.

“He loves it there,” Karen Hamilton said. “My husband and I were wondering whether he’ll ever really want to come home.”

UConn’s Daniel Hamilton to test NBA draft waters

Reaction Score
It's not because he left too soon. DeAndre Daniels left too soon, but few people begrudge his choice.
[DwightSchruteVoice]FALSE.[/DwightSchruteVoice]
Huge difference between the two. DD left after being crucial to us getting a 4th ring, and nobody was going to hang it on him that we weren't so good the next year, even though we would have been massively better with him.

When DHam left, the program was in obvious decline, and his leaving created a huge hole, which we did not and could not fill.

In other words, DHam's departure ended up hurting the program a lot more than DD's.

I'll add in that DHam was always, "almost there" in my book. If he could have just tightened up on the TOs and started hitting his 5-8 footer, he would have been all-time. Instead, he was just a guy who had a lot of talent who never quite seemed to max it out. DD appeared to be pretty close to peak DD when we beat Florida, and I'm not sure how much more he could have given.

So DHam and DD departed similarly, okay, but the perception of their departure is very different.

And as for all of the talk about how DHam would have done better to stay . . . please. There is zero guarantee as to how his JR and SR years would have turned out. It's really quite irrational to conclude that he would have been drafted higher if he had stayed, and it's disingenuous to do it when it's solely for the purpose of supporting that conclusion.

Reaction Score
So is this like when MLB teams expand from 25 to 40 players in September? Just trying to clarify whether teams are allowed to carry 17 players for the entire season or just 45 days, and whether there is a designation for when that would happen.

It would help a lot to be able to tout D-Ham as an NBA player, as others have mentioned.

(As an aside, I think it is possible for one to both love UConn and dislike college as an alternative to making good money elsewhere, if that makes sense. I believe that was the case with D-Ham.)

Reaction Score
It's not because he left too soon. DeAndre Daniels left too soon, but few people begrudge his choice.

Hamilton is different because he couldn't wait to get out of Dodge and obviously didn't enjoy being here.
I begrudge his choice

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If he knew in advance he was going to hate school no matter where he ended up going, then he's in college only because of the stupid NBA one year rule. I suppose one could argue he could have gone to Europe straight out of HS and avoid college altogether, but he didn't like school, so even two years were a plus from UConn's standpoint. He likely would have rather left after his freshman season, and apparently he disliked school enough that he didn't particularly care what the financial ramifications might be.

Reaction Score
That's fine, but he's not as good at basketball as he thinks he is. College is an opportunity to build your skills and profile.

He already played 2. One more may have gotten him into 1st round and better $$.

His choice, hopefully it works out longer term for him. He just needs 1 decent contract to make huge $$.

If he knew in advance he was going to hate school no matter where he ended up going, then he's in college only because of the stupid NBA one year rule. I suppose one could argue he could have gone to Europe straight out of HS and avoid college altogether, but he didn't like school, so even two years were a plus from UConn's standpoint. He likely would have rather left after his freshman season, and apparently he disliked school enough that he didn't particularly care what the financial ramifications might be.

Reaction Score
I doubt it. IIRC he was one of the worst athletes for his position at the nba combine.
DH was a college player who shouldve stayed 4 years and snuck into the first round and gotten that guaranteed money. That was his ceiling. Never had the athleticsm to play the 3 or 2 at the next level. He couldve been our Lawrence Moten. Great college player but just not League material.

Reaction Score
Huh? He played 2 years and then decided he hated college even though he could have stayed 1 more year and with improvement likely played himself into a late 1, which is at least 2 years guaranteed $1M+ and options after that.

But, yeah, smart move on his count.

You're awful.
You have no idea what he thinks.
Just awful.

Reaction Score
Great college player but just not League material.
OKC just invested 6 figures into him because they don't think he's league material? Over the other 300+ guys they could have given this sort of deal to?

Reaction Score
This is nothing, they invest millions in potential players, investing low figures is not some statement on his future

Hopefully he can develop, it's good for UConn to be able to list another NBA player

OKC just invested 6 figures into him because they don't think he's league material? Over the other 300+ guys they could have given this sort of deal to?

Reaction Score
He played 2 years and then decided he hated college.....
Why do people keep saying that? How does anyone know that? As I posted above his mother said he loved UConn, Did he want to get to the NBA ASAP? Probably.

Reaction Score
This is nothing, they invest millions in potential players, investing low figures is not some statement on his future

Hopefully he can develop, it's good for UConn to be able to list another NBA player
You beat me to it. Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom