Okay, Read this post from a VU fan on the RU board | The Boneyard

Okay, Read this post from a VU fan on the RU board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I pray he is right. I'll link the whole thread as well.

IwillFlyAway
VUSports.com
Post #99
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore

Re: ACC official: ACC wants RU and Pound Puppies Reply

Dude, no offense, save yourself the grief- don't play semantics with me. It will be painful for you.

I have a guess- pure speculation on my part, ever since I started spamming your board last August about su, pitt, uconn and ru to the acc, including the order of invites, either I've been prescient beyond belief or I've got a little birdie hat blew your "insiders" away...in any event speculation was uconn didn't want to jump. Nord convinced su that if they jumped first along with pitt, it softened it for uconn. As i told you guys last werk, the wood has been on for uconn. That was the plum for duke and believe it or not bc. Gdf at bc caved, and flipped completely. Why? Who knows. In any event this is a power play to get uconn. And it is working. When k gave the interview to katz, talking points were spot on. As always it's not over. When this is all said and done you will be amazed about how much of a driver avademics has been. The foia emails concerning tejas will be revealing about how much of a role they ayed.

http://rutgers.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=147503907&mid=147503907&sid=988&style=2

Reaction Score
tumblr_l9lgi6vkKr1qzx2fh.gif

Reaction Score
If we could end up right where we want to be knowing that we were the prize, BC actually realized our potential, and we came off as navigating expansion politically saavy... i may just be the happiest Creamer in the world.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
UConn's athletic department gets along very well with UNC's, and UNC is the "head honcho" of the ACC. We won't be left out. I hope for the Big 10, but respect the ACC.

Reaction Score
O wow. Seems like hes been saying this for a over a year now,if this is true .....holy .

To add to that seems like Uconn has been beyond loyal to the BE.Might be time to look elsewhere.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
BC misses having a relevant home hoops schedule. That program is practically buried, they need sosmething to spark interest again.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
In my mind, if this is true it turns out to be the best scenario possible.

1) We find a home where we are a fit geographically
2) We find a home where we are a fit competitively
3) Our AD comes out on the other side looking loyal until they were forced to jump ship by Pitt and Cuse abandoning their conference.

I know with the way things have worked out in the past year, not many people seem to care about conference loyalty, but it matters to some people.

Reaction Score
BCU would benefit from this immensely. Less travel for football and local rivalries returning. Even if people still don't show up for their games, they can at least rely on more visiting fans showing up. I'd be in for the road trip to Boston every other year. It also gives their fan a chance to go to an away game cheaply :)

Reaction Score
The past 3 years the ACC has been steadfast in its reserve and tight-lippynes about expasions and, really, brings about the first true devastating blow in realignment. Really makes me confused, concerned, exited, terrified, aroused?, uncomfortable and anxious to see what the B1G's real moves are. why do I feel like they find themselves above even superconferences and are willing to become the entity that would replace the NCAA by themselves. 64 team single conference, Conference championship declares national championship, put it all on the B1G network and bump out the middle man (cough cough ESPN). Every state in the country would have that network on basic cable, charge inane rates and College athletics is finally soluable. The universitys would have enough money to pay players, cure cancer, and buy small countries to experiment on. Oh, and to cap it all off, they would be able to tell ND haha we told you so.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'm the first to say I'm a big Uconn basketball fan (both men and women) and growing to like the football program more and more.

The more I read, especially Coach K's recent comments - he refers specifically to bringing in Connecticut and Rutgers in for a 16 team league, I believe we will be moving to the ACC. It's the best fit for all concerned. Uconn is known as a basketball power both men and women, and the ACC is a power basketball conference. Uconn is becoming a football program to be recognized and appreciated. And, a good fit.

And ESPN has just announced that the ACC has accepted Pitt and Syracuse! If the rumors are true that we have been talking to the ACC powers, the announcement could come this week that we move to the ACC. I would imagine discussions with Herbst, the new AD, Jim C, Geno, Paul P. and others has been ongoing for a while.

It may be true that the prize the ACC wanted all along was/ is Uconn. We bring a big and strong fan base to football and basketball plus we bring the metro New York area market. Our ranking in academics for public universities has risen each of the last several years. I believe we bring much more to the table that either Syracuse or Pitt on all levels.

I'll be sad to see us leave the BE, but time moves on and so must we.

mets1090

Reaction Score
It may be true that the prize the ACC wanted all along was/ is Uconn. We bring a big and strong fan base to football and basketball plus we bring the metro New York area market. Our ranking in academics for public universities has risen each of the last several years. I believe we bring much more to the table that either Syracuse or Pitt on all levels.

You must have us confused with Rutgers

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
The 'ESPN BREAKING NEWS' scroll on the bottom of the ESPN screen says that the ACC has offiically accepted Pitt and Syracuse..and that the ACC wants UConn and Rutgers as the next two teams.

Looks like the ACC/ESPN is putting the press on UConn to make the move.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I believe we are viewed as some crown jewel, and more likely that we were toughest to get to split from the BBall schools. When you couple SU/Pitt bolting the BE, with a new president and AD at UConn, the desire to stay in the Big East is greatly reduced from a UConn perspective.

That probably doesn't make sense but I'm tired and going to bed.

Reaction Score
The 'ESPN BREAKING NEWS' scroll on the bottom of the ESPN screen says that the ACC has offiically accepted Pitt and Syracuse..and that the ACC wants UConn and Rutgers as the next two teams.

Looks like the ACC/ESPN is putting the press on UConn to make the move.
Where do we sign? Closest thing to an East Coast football conference ever. Lets go.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Having a new president and AD definitely helps take any emotional attachment to the Big East out of the equation. This allows them to have a more logical approach to what gives UConn sports the best chance to flourish in the future. That's a pretty nice plus, IMO.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
We stayed commited to the Big East and forming a true NE football conference. We weren't going to be the one's to destroy that dream...but at this point we have no choice but to leave.

Many years from now, I think we will all regret this whole situation. The Big East was in a good position if we had signed that huge NBC/Comcast contract. We could have finally established a true NE football conference. Instead, some of the schools (ie Pitt) couldn't stay strong and broke down. Now the NE football schools will be outsiders in the southern football conferences.

UConn stayed the course and was committed to seeing it through. Unfortuntatly, it is not a possiblity at this point and we need to protect our football investment and join another BCS conference.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it the more it makes sense concerning Flipper's change of heart. BCU is absolutely dying in the ACC in terms of athletics. There's no other way to look at it, all bias and BC hate aside (I even dropped the U from their name). They need Cuse, Rutgers, UConn and to a lesser degree Pitt to help revitalize their football program and drive interest in the NE. BCU basketball has fallen from the face of the earth and football is beginning to encounter the same exact scenario. It makes complete sense for Flipper to change his stance for the sole sake of self preservation, their athletic outlook was bleak at best if things stood pat.

Reaction Score
I'm the first to say I'm a big Uconn basketball fan (both men and women) and growing to like the football program more and more.

The more I read, especially Coach K's recent comments - he refers specifically to bringing in Connecticut and Rutgers in for a 16 team league, I believe we will be moving to the ACC. It's the best fit for all concerned. Uconn is known as a basketball power both men and women, and the ACC is a power basketball conference. Uconn is becoming a football program to be recognized and appreciated. And, a good fit.

And ESPN has just announced that the ACC has accepted Pitt and Syracuse! If the rumors are true that we have been talking to the ACC powers, the announcement could come this week that we move to the ACC. I would imagine discussions with Herbst, the new AD, Jim C, Geno, Paul P. and others has been ongoing for a while.

There isn't going to be any BE to leave.

mets1090

Reaction Score
We won't be northern outsiders in a southern football conference if we (or Pitt, BC, etc.) win a few ACC championships.

And if you think we can't do that, then what's the point in even investing money in our program? I have no desire to just hang around with Northeast teams and constantly get looked down on. The only way for a Northeast team to move up in this football world at all is to beat the southern teams. We go 9-3 (5-2) in the Big East every year, we establish ourselves as a fringe top 25 program. We go 9-3 (5-2) every year and win a couple ACC title games against FSU, UNC, etc. and we're a little more than that. And again, if you don't think we can reach that level, then why bother playing D1 football?

Edit: That's not to say I never wanted UConn to stay in the Big East. I just don't think the Big East was a legitimate enough conference to establish itself as a real BCS conference. Adding TCU was a start and had my outlook better than it had been. But with the Big 12 falling apart and it becoming more and more apparent that there will likely be 4 conferences left standing, I would rather just jump to an already stable conference.

Reaction Score
Who knows the validity of all of this, a Villanova insider has all of this inside info?? But, honestly, parts of this make sense. Of course K and Roy Williams want UConn, and they want Cuse and Pitt. In reality, with Bowden gone, they're the biggest voices in the conferences, and you'd damn well better believe they want to offset a major down period for a lot of ACC basketball programs and create an absolutely dominant basketball league beyond all proportions. We should all thank our lucky stars for Calhoun and Aureimma for building those basketball programs, because we're nowhere near these discussions without them, and for Big Lou having the foresight to put a 1-A football program in so that our school would remain relevant.

At this point, the Big East is not a viable home for us anymore unless they pull the absolute biggest rabbit out of their hats - which I can't even think of what that scenario would be. We need to leave, and the ACC seems the best option.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
ACC North:
--------------
BC
UConn
Pitt
Rutgers
Syracuse
Viginia Tech
Virginia
Maryland
-----------------