OKay! I'll say it. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OKay! I'll say it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Disagree. Stanford will handle Baylor in the Final Four
Black Woman What GIF by Holly Logan

Reaction Score
Except that even if we win tonight, no national championship trophy will be handed out. Also Stanford and South Carolina have a good chance to beat us in the real national championship game.
SC not so much, but the tree is a real threat. I don’t think SC can hang with us now.

Reaction Score
I am really impressed by Tara's team this year, but we can't ignore that Geno's teams have won 11 games in the "modern era" 1995 forward and Stanford has won 4. The Cardinal's 2 championships are over 29 years ago. This may be changing because I believe the athleticism of Tara's teams has improved. If they meet it will be a great game.
This year is now...the past is gone. Stanford vs. UConn would be a great matchup for the finals if both teams get there.

Reaction Score
SC not so much, but the tree is a real threat. I don’t think SC can hang with us now. Obviously, they could win but I think it’s pretty unlikely they can beat Stanford and either Us or Baylor.
Good point. South Carolina and Stanford will have to slug it out in their national semi-final game, and we've seen how a hard fought contest takes something out of a team for the next game.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I think the folks on the tournament committee did the right thing putting Stanford as the best of the number ones. From everything I have seen of Stanford this year...they are the real thing. They have hit at least 14 threes in everyone of their tournament games. That is pretty amazing. I see Stanford as the most challenging match-up for UConn. Baylor will be tough as well. And anyone who says UConn was in a cupcake bracket can't be taken seriously.

Reaction Score
I think the folks on the tournament committee did the right thing putting Stanford as the best of the number ones. From everything I have seen of Stanford this year...they are the real thing. They have hit at least 14 threes in everyone of their tournament games. That is pretty amazing. I see Stanford as the most challenging match-up for UConn. Baylor will be tough as well. And anyone who says UConn was in a cupcake bracket can't be taken seriously.

When I watch Stanford play, it kinds of looks like how some of the Uconn teams played during the Stewie's era.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This year is now...the past is gone. Stanford vs. UConn would be a great matchup for the finals if both teams get there.
Yes, that is why I said "it will be a great game." But the past I'm told may be prologue. We can agree its going to be a fight and then some if both teams get there.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I'm not at all convinced that tonight game will produce the eventual Nat. Champion. There have been too many crazy things that have happened this season to make that assumption.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maybe the season should end here and give all 8 remaining teams a trophy and banner to hang in their respective arenas. ;)
The wink gets us halfway there, but we still need a big, fat sarcasm emoticon.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
??? Anna is OK now. I don't categorize Autumn as a key reserve. So who are the reserve players who are injured?

And don't say Nika ... she's injured, thus key, but she's a starter
After what Aaliyah has done the last 3 games, she MAY not be a starter. I would really like her tonight because she might mess with Didi's mind a bit. I would love to see Geno's game plan.

Reaction Score
Two points here:
1. Don't forget Texas. Vic Schaefer and the Horns are tough to handle.
2. UConn should never wear those drab gray uniforms.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Two points here:
2. UConn should never wear those drab gray

Two points here:
2. UConn should never wear those drab gray uniforms.
Two options here:
1. When we mess with the bull, we get hamburger
2. Totally agree, looks like someone forgot to wash the uniforms.

Reaction Score
??? Anna is OK now. I don't categorize Autumn as a key reserve. So who are the reserve players who are injured?

And don't say Nika ... she's injured, thus key, but she's a starter
Did you really need to nit pick like that?! My Goodness.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well the game started out at an incredible pace that was clearly unsustainable. Turned into a grinder. Baylor had control, Richards got hurt and UConn went on a huge run, Baylor couldn't recover. Last 2 minutes of the game was pretty poor execution both ways I thought. It was a heavyweight fight no doubt. We'll see how other teams do before deciding if this was the de facto Championship game or not.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Right now for the tournament Stanford is 'looking so good' because they are shooting about 50% from three as a team. That is going to change and they will look a little less invincible. Pre NCAA Stanford from three .369; NCAA 3 games .478 (43 of 90) - that is 10 more threes than they would have made if they shot their season average. That can make a bad team look good and a very good team look great.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Seems as if no one is giving Louisville any chance to advance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom