Ok...they better get Uconn this year! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ok...they better get Uconn this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interesting that you discuss size without mentioning any of the returning Baylor bigs, Brown (6-7), Cave (6-3) and Mompremier (6-4), plus the addition Cox (6-4). Kim didn't go to the bench much against UCLA because the group she had on the floor was kicking UCLA's butt and she didn't want to disrupt the flow of the game. But don't take that as an indication thAt she will not use the other post players. Don't underestimate the talent of these four players when you discuss being overwhelmed by size.
I don't think UCONN will be overwhelmed by Baylor's size, a case in point was the FSU game. The leading rebounder in the game was the shortest player on either team-Brown with 10 Rebounds. This is still the Women's game where an awful lot of rebounds are floor boards. Quickness & positioning can compensate for lack of height. UCONN must and will compensate. On Baylor last year your 5'11" player ( Davis) collected only 3 less boards on the season than your 6'4" post starter Mompremier.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't think UCONN will be overwhelmed by Baylor's size, a case in point was the FSU game. The leading rebounder in the game was the shortest player on either team-Brown with 10 Rebounds. This is still the Women's game where an awful lot of rebounds are floor boards. Quickness & positioning can compensate for lack of height. UCONN must and will compensate. On Baylor last year your 5'11" player ( Davis) collected only 3 less boards on the season than your 6'4" post starter Mompremier.

You may be right. I guess we will know if Baylor's size bothers UCONN in about 24 hours and then we won't have to speak in hypotheticals anymore.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Did you bother to compare minutes played or just cherry pick a stat to support your argument. Nina Davis played 33 minutes per game and Beatrice averaged 15.6 minutes per game; she split time with Kalani Brown. So had Mompremier averaged the same number of minutes per game she would have doubled Davis in rebounds.

Come on, Coco. I expect better from you.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Did you bother to compare minutes played or just cherry pick a stat to support your argument. Nina Davis played 33 minutes per game and Beatrice averaged 15.6 minutes per game; she split time with Kalani Brown. So had Mompremier averaged the same number of minutes per game she would have doubled Davis in rebounds. Come on, Coco. I expect better from you.
I didn't think I could do muck better than picking a stat to support my argument.

Reaction Score

Baylor's size is going to overwhelm us. We couldn't rebound against Florida State in the first half. Baylor's line up is huge! The only was this stays close, IMO, is if Baylor gets Gampel jitters and we hit about 12 three's. This isn't a sky is falling post, but it's what I think. We just don't have the height in the post for us to be successful in the low block, offensively or defensively. I've said all along that defensively is where we miss the Big 3 the most, not on offense. This will be glaring in this game, I fear. But hey, it's why you play the games.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Baylor's size is going to overwhelm us. We couldn't rebound against Florida State in the first half. Baylor's line up is huge! The only was this stays close, IMO, is if Baylor gets Gampel jitters and we hit about 12 three's. This isn't a sky is falling post, but it's what I think. We just don't have the height in the post for us to be successful in the low block, offensively or defensively. I've said all along that defensively is where we miss the Big 3 the most, not on offense. This will be glaring in this game, I fear. But hey, it's why you play the games.
The leading rebounder in the FSU game was the smallest player on the floor Brown with 10 rebounds. We did not get out rebounded because of size. We got out quicked.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The leading rebounder in the FSU game was the smallest player on the floor Brown with 10 rebounds. We did not get out rebounded because of size. We got out quicked.

There aren't many quicker than Nina Davis and Alexis Jones. You may get out-quicked and out-sized. Make note that Alexis Prince also had 9 rebounds from her guard position against UCLA. She is a very good reounder at 6-2 with long arms.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well then, that should be even more concerning.
Not really. UCONN is not going to suddenly grow before game time but I bet if you when to Gabby, Saniya & Kia and said "You ALL need to be quicker to the ball I bet that is something they can put some effort into.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There aren't many quicker than Nina Davis and Alexis Jones. You may get out-quicked and out-sized. Make note that Alexis Prince also had 9 rebounds from her guard position against UCLA. She is a very good reounder at 6-2 with long arms.
We might. There is nothing we can do about the height. If Kim goes with two bigs UCONN will zone and run, that will be to UCONN advantage. How good is Baylor's zone offense?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
We might. There is nothing we can do about the height. If Kim goes with two bigs UCONN will zone and run, that will be to UCONN advantage. How good is Baylor's zone offense?

Every player on the perimeter has the green light to shoot the three and they are very all very capable shooters, unless Nina Davis is moved to the 3 position. Natalie Chou will come off the bench and is a pure shooter.

This should be a very interesting chess match between two great teams and two great coaches. Geno is the master so I expect him to throw some things at Baylor that they may not have seen before and if they don't react to it the game could get ugly for Baylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom