Ohtani, this dude is unreal | The Boneyard

Ohtani, this dude is unreal

Reaction Score
Ohtani, this dude is unreal. He was one of the top pitchers and top power hitters in baseball, can't pitch this year. Every other pitcher who has elbow surgery you don't see him until the next season. He already did stuff we haven't seen since Ruth and then without being able to pitch this year he becomes the first player ever in MLB history to go for 50/50. Still 10 games left and he goes 6 for 6 with 17 total bases, 3 homeruns, 2 steals, and is thrown out at third to just miss hitting for the cycle. That's the best hitting game I've ever seen and he did it in his 50/50 game. Dude, is a cheat code. He's going to win his third MVP in six MLB seasons he actually played enough to do it. His other season he played 44 games. I never want to be accused of being a creature of the moment but this is the best baseball player we've ever seen.

My buddy was asking me last night, has anyone ever lived up to the hype like this and way exceeded it? All I could come up with was Lebron but i'm not sure it's the same. Some people like Bobby Knight knew what Jordan was but Sam Bowie was picked over him, there wasn't this kind of hype. Brady, nobody knew about.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ohtani, this dude is unreal. He was one of the top pitchers and top power hitters in baseball, can't pitch this year. Every other pitcher who has elbow surgery you don't see him until the next season. He already did stuff we haven't seen since Ruth and then without being able to pitch this year he becomes the first player ever in MLB history to go for 50/50. Still 10 games left and he goes 6 for 6 with 17 total bases, 3 homeruns, 2 steals, and is thrown out at third to just miss hitting for the cycle. That's the best hitting game I've ever seen and he did it in his 50/50 game. Dude, is a cheat code. He's going to win his third MVP in six MLB seasons he actually played enough to do it. His other season he played 44 games. I never want to be accused of being a creature of the moment but this is the the best baseball player we've ever seen.

My buddy was asking me last night, has anyone ever lived up to the hype like this and way exceeded it? All I could come up with was Lebron but i'm not sure it's the same. Some people like Bobby Knight knew what Jordan was but Sam Bowie was picked over him, there wasn't this kind of hype. Brady, nobody knew about.
I live in SOCAL and get the Dodgers on my Spectrum Cable...which I was forced to go back to last year because Frontier stopped supporting equipment and outages. I have watched pretty much every Dodgers game this year....they are my third fav team behind number two Liverpool FC and my number one Huskies. This guy has great speed and unbelievable power and has pretty much been swinging at a lot of junk most of the year. The last couple of weeks he has dialed in and yesterday was the culmination of his attention to detail. The best thing of all is he is an ace pitcher and next year he should be healthy enough to become our number one thrower. There is even rumor now that he might be ready to throw in the playoffs. We shall see. Powerful, fast, smart and he also seems to be a really kind and gentle person. He btw sleeps more than any professional athlete I have ever heard about....they estimate about fourteen hours a day....no kidding. We are lucky to have him in our squad for at least the next seven years.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about what he's accomplished and my first thought was, "he's like a video game player." Except, he's not. He's better. You can't be both an ace and a dude who goes 50-50 in a video game. I will say, though, that some of the SB #'s across baseball need to have a slight asterisk due to the rule changes. It is infinitely easier to steal bases nowadays as compared with the other 40-40 guys.

Reaction Score
Ohtani is truly amazing... But he plays for the Voldemorts.

I have two favorite teams in baseball...

1) The Giants
2) Whoever is playing against the Dodgers.

Reaction Score
Asked someone this last night - if he retired after this season, is he a hall of famer? I know only 7 seasons, but he’s been that special. I lean no, but 2 more years like this and it’s a wrap. Can be convinced the answer is yes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm too lazy to fact check soo I'll assume this is right.

Screenshot_20240920_122036_Facebook.jpg

Reaction Score
They'll both win MVP but Judge is having a better season and it's not even really that close

He is for sure. But that is also before last night’s game. Shohei also has 50 SB’s. Judge has been in a slump of late. None of it matters anyways.

Reaction Score
He is for sure. But that is also before last night’s game. Shohei also has 50 SB’s. Judge has been in a slump of late. None of it matters anyways.
Yeah I posted the updated one below it. Ohtani still having a record setting year but if there was a league-wide MVP it would almost unanimously go to Judge lol. Unless you really, really love stolen bases

Reaction Score
Yeah I posted the updated one below it. Ohtani still having a record setting year but if there was a league-wide MVP it would almost unanimously go to Judge lol. Unless you really, really love stolen bases
Yeah Judge has had the better season. Some would say the 50/50 could impact. First time ever is pretty big.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about what he's accomplished and my first thought was, "he's like a video game player." Except, he's not. He's better. You can't be both an ace and a dude who goes 50-50 in a video game. I will say, though, that some of the SB #'s across baseball need to have a slight asterisk due to the rule changes. It is infinitely easier to steal bases nowadays as compared with the other 40-40 guys.
Sure, they changed the rules some and it's easier to steal now than in recent years but he's second in steals in MLB and guys stole more when I was a kid.

His success rate on steals is also awesome. He's been caught 4 times making his success rate second in MLB. The guy ahead of him Maikel Garcia is 15 steals behind Ohtani and Ohtani has the highest success rate of any 40/40 season in MLB history.

Reaction Score
If he can sustain this performance he will retire as the MLB GOAT. Amazing.

Reaction Score
ChatGPT summary of the Dodgers the past 10 years (sadly I'm a Mets fan -but wish we had their owners) :
Over the past 10 years (2014–2023), the Los Angeles Dodgers have made the playoffs every year, for a total of 10 consecutive playoff appearances. This includes:

1. 2014: Lost in the NLDS.
  2. 2015: Lost in the NLDS.
  3. 2016: Lost in the NLCS.
  4. 2017: Reached the World Series (lost to the Astros).
  5. 2018: Reached the World Series (lost to the Red Sox).
  6. 2019: Lost in the NLDS.
  7. 2020: Won the World Series.
  8. 2021: Lost in the NLCS.
  9. 2022: Lost in the NLDS.
  10. 2023: Lost in the NLDS.

Reaction Score
@superjohn I'm sure you've seen the doc about him. I think it was Disney plus. His routine growing up was other worldy. He made this venn diagram type motivation rubric when he was like 10 years old. And it wasn't only athletic. He was focused on stuff like mental health, compassion, equanimity...it's unreal.

I blame fantasy football as the reason that this guy isn't the most famous athlete in the country. Mahomes would have to be a shut down corner as well, in order to measure up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom