Ohio State under seeded? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ohio State under seeded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
How in the world did the zebras miss that obvious double-dribble at the 1 minute mark?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Well, yes, I was wrong... I coulda sworn ... what numbers was I looking at?

Anyhoo, they did almost drop out of the rankings in week 1 - 24, 25

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
LOL!

The Not-game-changer is done. Now let's see if some WNBA GM is dumb enough to pick her.
i'm not sure about that. she has some talent for sure. it needs to be harnessed in the right direction. not sure if there is a WNBA coach out there who can crack the whip correctly for her tho...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Don't worry that isn't the same as saying no one expected them to make the tournament at the start of the season.

Reaction Score
JS. You must have me confused with someone else. I do not have a long history of virulent anti- UConn sentiments, although I will freely admit I am an RU, not a UConn fan. I was normally a lurker and only have a few posts here primarily because I was afraid of not being welcomed if I didn't agree with the majority. I have never said anything here attacking your coach or team. I read your board with interest as I am a long time college basketball fan and generally enjoy your discussions. I'm not trying to lecture anyone, but I am not a big fan of kicking people when they are down and that was how I interpreted the comments about Prahalis. Maybe I misunderstood them as you have misunderstood me.

JS

Reaction Score

They were top 25 in both AP and Coaches polls after playing and winning their first game.

At midseason they were 11th and 13th.

By season's end, 16th and 18th.

I think vowelguy's statement that most people didn't expect them to make the tournament, if based solely on a preseason poll in which they had the highest number of votes outside the top 25, is questionable.

Certainly the case is there that they badly underachieved in the postseason, measured against expectations suggested by regular season polling status from preseason onward.

The case for low expectations might better have been made looking at the situation immediately before selection Monday.

JS

Reaction Score
JS. You must have me confused with someone else.
My apologies, Scarlett. There used to be a poster on the RU board whose handle included "Scarlett" and who wrote scathing anti-UConn posts the hateful tone of which I remember to this day.

Maybe it was Scarlett Johansson out to Kill Huskybill. She could do it too, easily, if she could ever catch the little bugger.

Anyway, I haven't visited your board in quite a while and can easily conclude from the post you just made that you're not your more notorious (in my recollection) namesake.

Welcome.

Reaction Score
Thanks JS. You may be thinking of Scarlettwoman, who seems to post really negative things about RU on our board too. Lot's of the RU fan's have Scarlet in their handle. Mine is not primarily from being a RU fan, but due to loving the name Scarlett and being a Gone With the Wind fan. I am actually a Dayton alum who lives in NJ and became a longtime RU women's bb season ticket holder due to my sister being a fan. So I had to suffer through my two favorite teams losing on the same day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom