Ohio State belongs in the playoff. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ohio State belongs in the playoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course, since Waco is only about 90 miles south of Fort Worth the odds are pretty good that even if the Big XII had two divisions and CCG TCU and Baylor would be in the same division and not have played in the game.

Actually if you took the existing 10 teams and split them. it would probably look like:

D1 : WVU, KState, Kansas, Oklahoma and Ok State
D2 Texas, TCU Baylor, Tech, and ISU

So you could make the argument that KState/Baylor was the CCG.
You could but it wasn't. It was a home game against a top 10 team, but the team that got hosed was TCU they fell from third to sixth because they were playing 2-10 team instead of being in a CCG.

Reaction Score
I just wanna know how they can have three QB's on their roster who can win and win big and we can't even find ONE who can win against FAR lesser opposition.
Well we already know they don't care about academics. They admitted that.

Reaction Score
gotta feel bad for TCU, but that's they way it goes sometimes, they're going to have to expand this to 8 teams somehow
You could but it wasn't. It was a home game against a top 10 team, but the team that got hosed was TCU they fell from third to sixth because they were playing 2-10 team instead of being in a CCG.

My point was that even if there was a CCG that it was highly unlikely that it would have been TCU/Baylor since the would almost definitely be in the same division therefore not able to play each other in the CCG.

Look I've been a TCU fan for over 40 years and the only reason they're not in the playoffs is because they blew a 21 point 4th quarter lead at Baylor. At the end of the day they have no one to blame but themselves

At the end of the day they went from 4-8 last season to 11-1 while losing the best defensive player in the conference before the season even started. I was hoping for 7-5. No reason to feel bad. Other than about 12 minutes in Waco they had a great year.

Reaction Score
now we know that the 12 is the weakest of the p5, it's more like the p4 plus 1. IMO both Baylor and TCU are better than ohio st. this may force expansion. BYU, Cincy, Memphis and UCF will be making phone calls on Monday.

Reaction Score
My point was that even if there was a CCG that it was highly unlikely that it would have been TCU/Baylor since the would almost definitely be in the same division therefore not able to play each other in the CCG.

Look I've been a TCU fan for over 40 years and the only reason they're not in the playoffs is because they blew a 21 point 4th quarter lead at Baylor. At the end of the day they have no one to blame but themselves

At the end of the day they went from 4-8 last season to 11-1 while losing the best defensive player in the conference before the season even started. I was hoping for 7-5. No reason to feel bad. Other than about 12 minutes in Waco they had a great year.

I understand your point bc, but even the acc admitted that future conf champ games may not be aligned by divisions, so I'm sure the 12 would follow that method possibly. Bowlsby could just have the top 2 teams play each other. The answer to this is to just allow any conference with at least 10 teams play a conference championship. That would solve a lot of problems IMO.

Reaction Score
I believe if Texas and/or Oklahoma was 10 and 1 from the XII, Ohio St would have been left out.

Reaction Score
now we know that the 12 is the weakest of the p5, it's more like the p4 plus 1.

Maybe according to the committee. The ACC and Big Ten can fight it out for the weakest of the P5. The committee, however, obviously put a huge emphasis on the CCG.

Reaction Score
I knew they would get in, did you think the committee was gonna pass up a Saban v. Meyer game? Never.

That being said they are not one of the four best teams.
Hmmnnn....

Reaction Score
Over which team?

They let to Va Tech. Tell me who they jump. 4 best teams in the playoff they are not.

V-Tech finally has something to crow about. Yes, the finished the season 7 and 6; but, they won their bowl game convincingly and were the only team to beat the National Champs.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Still - I don't buy OSU in there. You can blame the Big12 for not having a championship game all you want, but they lost to a 6-6 Virginia Tech team who also lost to East Carolina and Wake Forest. I'm going to need some convincing.
Convinced?

Reaction Score
My top 10 (not that it matters): OSU, Bama, Oregon, TCU, MSU, FSU, Baylor, GT, Georgia, UCLA

Reaction Score
I can admit I am wrong.

Can you admit that you way to much time on your hands and maybe a little insane since you cared to go back and dig this up?
I started the thread a month ago, and was curious oto the replies. OSU looked the part, and delivered. Kudos to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom