Ohio State belongs in the playoff. | The Boneyard

Ohio State belongs in the playoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I just wanna know how they can have three QB's on their roster who can win and win big and we can't even find ONE who can win against FAR lesser opposition.

Find one in the past ten years at that!

Reaction Score
Sorry. Drubbing Wisconsin on a neutral field with your third Qb of the year is impressive as sheet.
Over which team?

They let to Va Tech. Tell me who they jump. 4 best teams in the playoff they arenout.

Reaction Score
Their qbs right now while being injured would get video game stats on us in street clothes.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I would leave the big 12 out. They have no true champion.

This worries me if TCU is left out it almost forces their hand to expand and Cinci and UCF would be gone (I dont buy the Memphis story).

Reaction Score
I just wanna know how they can have three QB's on their roster who can win and win big and we can't even find ONE who can win against FAR lesser opposition.
I said this to my dad this evening. Amazing.

System??

Reaction Score
Sorry. Drubbing Wisconsin on a neutral field with your third Qb of the year is impressive as sheet.

I just hope the "playoff" comittee puts Ohio St. in over TCU. That would be great if that happened.

Reaction Score
I said this to my dad this evening. Amazing.

System??
No. Were not recruiting QBs who get offers from the like of Ohio State. We should not expect nor should that be our barometer, but for the love of God, can we get some of thos MAC QBs that throw it all over the field? Or MW conference. Our guys struggle to complete passes to wide open receivers. UMass had a QB this year that was light years better than both our guys.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm too bummed from this season to watch anyone else play football. Comedy Central has been playing some good movies tonight.

Reaction Score

Because they're Ohio State. Talent falls out of the sky for them. Needs no further explanation.

Reaction Score
I would leave the big 12 out. They have no true champion.

The committee is f••ked. They have 6 really good teams and 4 spots to cram them into. They likely need to expand to 8 spots in the future, and this is why. Eight is the perfect number, and is still exclusive. 5 conference champions and 3 at larges.

They can't drop TCU without controversy because they did nothing to lose their spot. They can't drop FSU because they're still undefeated. Ohio State clearly belongs in there... They're f••ked and they put themselves in a corner with these questionable rankings once TCU got into the top 4, ahead of Baylor no less.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
TCU is #3 and they won by 52 points today.

Their one loss was on a last-second field goal at Baylor.

If they were fourth in the playoffs rankings, there's a shot Ohio State passes them, but there's no chance they drop two spots. If they drop two spots, the committee basically says that the rankings coming into the weekend were meaningless.

The way I see this playing out....Ohio State is left out and raises a holy ruckus. Baylor is left out and raises a holy ruckus. It's no longer fun and games for the rich and powerful so they expand their lil playoff party from four to eight much sooner than they expected.

Everyone knew that the committee would end up in a bad spot eventually, but it looks like there are so many more combinations of bad spots than they expected. They gotta act fast before the year they end up with something like three SEC teams in the top five - that will be witness protection-level stuff.

Reaction Score
TCU is #3 and they won by 52 points today.

Their one loss was on a last-second field goal at Baylor.

If they were fourth in the playoffs rankings, there's a shot Ohio State passes them, but there's no chance they drop two spots. If they drop two spots, the committee basically says that the rankings coming into the weekend were meaningless.

The way I see this playing out....Ohio State is left out and raises a holy ruckus. Baylor is left out and raises a holy ruckus. It's no longer fun and games for the rich and powerful so they expand their lil playoff party from four to eight much sooner than they expected.
They won by 52 at home against a scrub team. Ohio State won by 59 against a ten win, top 13 team on a neutral site. I think they move up FSU and Ohio State a spot, TCU 5th but what do I know.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The committee just moved TCU up two spots to #3 this week - over Florida State.

Now, they win by 52. Florida State is life and death again.

Dropping two spots is not happening. If it does, they really are throwing out last week's rankings.

Reaction Score
Francessa has been adamant for a month now that Ohio State will get in if they win out because the Big 10 teams garner huge ratings in the midwest.

I also think the committee will send a message to the B12 that they need to expand. If our realignment team isn't actively engaging the B12 they are in dereliction of duty.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would not be shocked if they leave FSU out.

Reaction Score
I would not be shocked if they leave FSU out.

They would probably leave them in just to avert controversy. But they seem to be the least deserving team, despite their record.

The committee should leave the top 3 alone and just move Ohio State to 4. FSU can be left sitting out with Baylor.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Ohio St has 12 FBS wins; Baylor and TCU have 10 each. You want to reward the B12 for playing fewer games?

Reaction Score
It may end up making more sense for the committee to leave out the Big XII.

1.) Alabama
2.) Oregon
3.) Ohio State (Reduce a really good Wisconsin team to looking like a middle of the pack MAC team with your third string quarterback and immediately following the death of a teammate)
4.) Florida State (#2 ranked toughest schedule, went undefeated and win conference championship. Love them, or hate them, they've done more than enough to earn the right to defend their national championship title)

5.) Baylor (committee honors the head to head and advance them above TCU following a quality win over a quality opponent in K-State for a "share" of the championship)
6.) TCU (win a predictable blowout over a basement Iowa State team)

Reaction Score
If the purpose of the committee is to have the four best teams then you have to keep Ohio State and toss TCU. Sorry but beating Iowa State not impressed. This is where the lack of a championship game needs to shine.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ohio State lost to a 6-6 team at home by 2 TD's. I can not think of a set of criteria by which the committee HAS to take them. That said, I think it is pretty close between Baylor, TCU and tOSU.

I do think the playoffs will expand to 8 teams sooner rather than later, but this controversy won't be the driver. I think the problem will be that the schools are going to have a big problem selling tickets to bowl games that are now just really expensive exhibition games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom