Ohio St Gordon Gee B1G still in expansion mode | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ohio St Gordon Gee B1G still in expansion mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And let's not forget what big time sports have done for UConn. It's not as if SEC schools can't further improve. I could easily imagine they will want to now.

UConn did that within a decade of becoming an athletic success.
Many of the SEC schools have been successful for decades, and their schools are still mediocre. Some of this is the local school system. In CT, kids could go to lots of other great schools in the northeast. In the SEC, the state university is often the top school in the state.

Reaction Score
Florida is a top 20 public U. Very good. Not that they hold football players to normal standards or anything.

Reaction Score
UConn did that within a decade of becoming an athletic success.
Many of the SEC schools have been successful for decades, and their schools are still mediocre. Some of this is the local school system. In CT, kids could go to lots of other great schools in the northeast. In the SEC, the state university is often the top school in the state.

In the SEC the State U may not be the best school, but it may be the most prestigious. In Tennessee, a degree from UT might get you more than a degree from Vandy, Rhodes, or Sewanee. Just like a degree from Ole Miss may open more doors than a degree from Millsaps.

I think things are changing in CT, obviously. But even in the early '90s UConn was a safety school for many people in state. UVM was probably the most prestigious northeastern state school, it was definitely more difficult to get into out of state.

Ever since Private College tuition started to cost as much as a house, I think things have turned. UConn should be positioned beautifully.

Reaction Score
Florida is a top 20 public U. Very good. Not that they hold football players to normal standards or anything.
My favorite quote on Florida came in an interview Rich Rodriguez did with Mike Francesa. they were discussing academic standards and recruiting and how it effected schools like Michigan and Notre Dame. Francesa said , "well you can't get some of the kids that get accepted to Florida into Michigan," and Rich rod's response was a classic.."Well, Mike, you can get a plant into Florida if he's a football player."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UNC's fans don't want to go to the B1G. And the academics of the schools in the SEC are either excellent or getting better.

Especially true of the eastern division. Vandy, Georgia, Florida are all strong schools. A&M is good too, and believe it or not, so is Alabama.

Reaction Score
The best case scenario for UConn is that somebody panics.

We just need one team in the ACC to get nervous and start to worry about their seat at the big boy table. Or one conference to think that maybe someone else will get the jump.

It's like World War I - we need someone to shoot the Archduke.

No, that would be bad. It would result in having to dig in deep, use of conventional weapons, and cost millions of lives. What we need, is really to go all out. This situation absolutely requires a really stupid, and futile gesture to be done on somebody's part.

I think it's time the boneyard really do something dumb, and stir up a hornet's nest that is so wild and frenzied, with our rumors and innuendo, that a conference, has no choice but to let us in before we destroy the whole town!

Who's with me!!! I'm building the death mobile.

Blutarsky.jpg

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I think FSU wouldn't get shot down as quickly. My guess is Cincy.

Agreed. And I wouldnt be surprised if Jurich put a call into Delaney either....

Reaction Score
was already discussed quite a bit. even frank the tank speculated this was fsu. cincy would be denied for a lot of other things in addiion to academics.

the only issue with fsu is the academics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom