Oh Snap! ESPNU Announcer TS the Yard

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
who was the color guy? He sucks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm most impressed thatu fat fingering "trolls" turned in to "TS".

It's a scary data point on cache.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm most impressed thatu fat fingering "trolls" turned in to "TS".

It's a scary data point on cache.
Nah. The computer anticipated a silly post and trolled the poster. Of course that's equally scary.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Was sitting behind the Tulane bench. Dunleavy had ongoing dialogue with all 3 officials. Ollie made the choice to enthusiastic lead his team. Funny how it worked out for each.

We finally got the opportunity to pay Dunleavy back for beating us when he played with Alex English at South Carolina in the 1975 NIT at MSG. We attended that game. Payback is a dish served better late than never!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Those poor devils were calling the game from a remote studio - the broadcast was bound to be awful.

As for working the officials...watch a Duke game right now to see a real-world example of whether it works. Duke is getting called straight without K runnning roughshod over the officials.

Reaction Score
We finally got the opportunity to pay Dunleavy back for beating us when he played with Alex English at South Carolina in the 1975 NIT at MSG. We attended that game. Payback is a dish served better late than never!
I was in the Garden for that game. Al Weston nearly got us all the way back with some great shooting.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Those poor devils were calling the game from a remote studio - the broadcast was bound to be awful.

As for working the officials...watch a Duke game right now to see a real-world example of whether it works. Duke is getting called straight without K runnning roughshod over the officials.

just watch a UConn rerun from 1987 through 2012

we were rarely on the short end of the stick, now it's the norm to be such

they don't call walking on anybody, at most once a game, we get called for traveling 3+ times per game

Reaction Score

they don't call walking on anybody, at most once a game, we get called for traveling 3+ times per game
That might have something to do with our players, don't you think?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They are right that he doesn't work the officials.

They are wrong that it admirable.

He needs to do it.

Yeah forget coaching the players, lets concentrate on the refs
This is such a broken record
Watch KO sometimes - he makes his asides to the ref
Some coaches do it demonstratively some do it covertly

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I've noticed an uptick in traveling calls during our games, both for and against.

But they've all looked like good calls.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I've noticed an uptick in traveling calls during our games, both for and against.

But they've all looked like good calls.
It must be a point of emphasize to call guys dragging their second foot before putting the ball down on drives. Seems like Purvis/Adams/Jackson are good for 2-3 a game.

Reaction Score
The game has changed on the travel call, it's a little out of hand and they get the regular call wrong a lot. Last nigh wasn't bad the only one I thought they missed was Jalen coming off a screen and he slipped but kept his dribble. I will say I can see how it looked like one though.

The one they never call anymore that amazes me is the wing coming back to the ball from the point catching it running towards half court, maybe off a screen and taking 2 steps to stop, sometimes more. They just don't even consider making guys stop anymore at all, never. It happens an amazing amount of times in every game, but it is now accepted as part of the offense.:eek:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
That might have something to do with our players, don't you think?

OK, I guess it's plausible we walk more than any team in the country, and we foul more too

I guess it's plausible officiating is actually very consistent

I guess some people can think coaches don't make a difference, and we're treated the same way today we were treated with JC

I think the evidence points in a different direction, but people can and do disagree

Reaction Score

Is anyone arguing that it doesn't affect how refs do their jobs?

The one they never call anymore that amazes me is the wing coming back to the ball from the point catching it running towards half court, maybe off a screen and taking 2 steps to stop, sometimes more. They just don't even consider making guys stop anymore at all, never. It happens an amazing amount of times in every game, but it is now accepted as part of the offense.:eek:

Taking two steps after a dribble (or before dribbling) is the max. That's not a travel. Otherwise you couldn't catch the ball and put both feet on the ground before dribbling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom