Oh boy, Big 12 supposedly interested in UConn again | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Oh boy, Big 12 supposedly interested in UConn again

Reaction Score
Nan, how many UConn football games do you watch per season? Me? Less than one.

Me? All of them. What’s the largest attendance for a home basketball game? You must include MSG. What the largest attendance for a home football game? 42,704 is the answer. Thats why this is important.

Reaction Score
Not if the Mercedes bankrupts
We’re already hurting ourselves financially and have been for some time. At least being in major conference pays out more $$$ in TV deals.

Reaction Score
There are aspects of this that everyone is ignoring.
I don't belieive many are ignoring the aspects. I believe the point is many think you are wrong with your assumptions and/or projections.

Reaction Score
Me? All of them. What’s the largest attendance for a home basketball game? You must include MSG. What the largest attendance for a home football game? 42,704 is the answer. Thats why this is important.
TV.

What's the largest TV viewing audience ever for a UConn football team. The UConn basketball teams both have a national following. The most valuable pro franchises are the ones who have fans everywhere. Dallas has fans everywhere. And that's why they are the national game so often.

The future is video, not live.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What's the largest TV viewing audience ever for a UConn football team.
Hard to say. It could be the double over time victory over Notre Dame or perhaps the bowl victory over South Carolina.

I'm going to guess though it was the game against Oklahoma in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl on New Years' Day generated a 6.7 rating on ESPN, the highest rating of all programs (broadcast or cable) during that night. The game had the fourth-highest overnight rating for a college football game in the history of ESPN. Assuming that 120,000,000 people are watching TV on any given night that would equate to a bit over 8 million people watching that game.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Why is it that every other school is trying to get into a power conference, or get into a better P- conference ? Football $$ drives the bus. BB is a distant 2nd to FB. Is it a goal to beat up on small private catholic schools ? Duke + N.Carolina want out of ACC for a better FB conference. IF you don't play in a P-Conf. you will be left behind. B1G thinks new FB/TV contracts will net 70m per team per year. Last I saw catholic schools + catholic church have major financial problems.

What are you talking about?

Reaction Score
Hard to say. It could be the double over time victory over Notre Dame or perhaps the bowl victory over South Carolina.

I'm going to guess though it was the game against Oklahoma in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl on New Years' Day generated a 6.7 rating on ESPN, the highest rating of all programs (broadcast or cable) during that night. The game had the fourth-highest overnight rating for a college football game in the history of ESPN. Assuming that 120,000,000 people are watching TV on any given night that would equate to a bit over 8 million people watching that game.
And yet that game (attendance/failure to sell allotment) is the most frequently cited (by fans) reason why UConn can't get a P-4 invite

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And yet that game (attendance/failure to sell allotment) is the most frequently cited (by fans) reason why UConn can't get a P-4 invite
Well, if fans cite it... ;)

For what it's worth, the fiesta bowl made the purchase of the Oklahoma/UConn as a prerequisite for the BCS national championship ticket. Unsurprisingly, a lot of people who were interested in the BCS championship game sold their Fiesta Bowl tickets which flooded the secondary market making it more cost-effective to buy on the secondary market rather than through the school.

It's interesting to note that Oklahoma also did not sell out its allotment to the festival that year. Undoubtedly for the same reason.

For what it's worth the Connecticut turnout in Arizona was actually quite good especially given the distance.

IMG_3392.jpeg

Shooting Star GIF

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1