Ogundecko | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ogundecko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not debating his value, all of the writers knew he would be rated higher when the re-evaluations took place. We've had this debate about value of recruit rankings. I've said all along, I'd rather have 10 four star recruits then 10 two star recruits.

Who wouldn't?

Ogundeko never becomes a 4 star if he honors his original UCONN committment. Ultimately you have to recruit to the strengths of your school and coaching staff. If your school and coaching staff has the rankings service's respect and re-avaluates a recruit based on the offers he receives then you"ll ultimately get your 4 stars. If your school and coaching staff doesn't have the rankings service's respect and discovers an under-the-radar 2 star ... and that player honors his early committment, then I guess you'll be disappointed with your 2 star. Either way you're still getting the same player.

pj

Reaction Score
Ogundeko never becomes a 4 star if he honors his original UCONN commitment.

How can you know this?

Coaches caught on to his talent pretty quickly. The ratings services might have done so too.

The idea that everybody's just going to assume that a UConn commit is a 2* player is out of date and insulting to our players.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ogundeko never becomes a 4 star if he honors his original UCONN committment.

How can you know this?

Coaches caught on to his talent pretty quickly. The ratings services might have done so too.

The idea that everybody's just going to assume that a UConn commit is a 2* player is out of date and insulting to our players.

How can he say it? Same way all message boards work. Since Ogundeko got upgraded you can't prove Kgun7's theory that it wouldn't have happened if what did happen hadn't happened.

pj

Reaction Score
That's why I said "how can you know" rather than "how can you say".

I believe UConn is going to be a destination school for recruits before long, and we'll get plenty of 3* and 4* names, hopefully starting this year - 3*s are already signing up and if we can get Ogundeko and Khaliel Rodgers, that would be a tremendous start on 4*s or better.

He's assuming that analysts are too lazy or incompetent to evaluate players on their merits and instead go by the rep of the school; and that they don't respect UConn, Coach Pasqualoni, or the program-building going on here. I see no evidence for that.

I think he's generalizing improperly from a pattern that was established in the Edsall period. And his attitude is defeatist.

Reaction Score
How can he say it? Same way all message boards work. Since Ogundeko got upgraded you can't prove Kgun7's theory that it wouldn't have happened if what did happen hadn't happened.

He didn't say "how can he say it," he said "how can he know it." So the answer is he can't know it -- he's just engaged in speculation. And anytime your best argument for something is that "it can't be disproven," ....

Reaction Score
ND is in the lead per B Dohn. Ogun has mentioned several times that he and Edwards want to go to the same school. Edwards does not have a ND offer. Garcia mentioned that Ogun and Edwards are meeting this weekend to discuss their options.

For some reason, Garcia believes the Cuse are number 2, I doubt that, they seem to forget he really liked Uconn enough to commit early before de-committing. Dohn seems to think it's over. I think we have a good chance, but it all hangs on Edwards IMO.

He and Edwards would be something special in Storrs

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score

I believe UConn is going to be a destination school for recruits before long, and we'll get plenty of 3* and 4* names, hopefully starting this year - 3*s are already signing up and if we can get Ogundeko and Khaliel Rodgers, that would be a tremendous start on 4*s or better.

He's assuming that analysts are too lazy or incompetent to evaluate players on their merits and instead go by the rep of the school; and that they don't respect UConn, Coach Pasqualoni, or the program-building going on here. I see no evidence for that.

I think he's generalizing improperly from a pattern that was established in the Edsall period. And his attitude is defeatist.

Actually, I've heard Bob Litchenfels say this about some of the services. To assume that thousands upon thousands of player's tapes can be reviewed, analyzed, and rated is a stretch, at best. I think offer lists matter a lot more than some others here.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Omg^^^^^^^

Were in this boys. Get used to it. Were here to play ball with PP.

Reaction Score

My attitude is anything but defeatist. Let others decide how many stars a player is worth. I want P to recruit the players he thinks he can convince to play for him.

Reaction Score
How can you know this?

If a recruit is insulted by the numbers of star he receives after committing to UCONN ... then I don't really want that type of player on the team that I root for.

Reaction Score
Dohn had a story about ND being the leader last week. ND has not offered RB Edwards, both want to play together, it could come down to ND, Cuse and Uconn

pj

Reaction Score
Notre Dame doesn't have a RB yet in this class, if they miss on their remaining targets there's a good chance they'll offer Edwards. They don't have a defensive lineman yet in this class either, and are probably pushing hard for Ogundeko.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame doesn't have a RB yet in this class, if they miss on their remaining targets there's a good chance they'll offer Edwards. They don't have a defensive lineman yet in this class either, and are probably pushing hard for Ogundeko.

ND just landed 4 star DE Isaac Rochell this morning. I don't believe ND will offer Edwards, they have bigger fish to fry, if Ogun goes to ND, he's going without Edwards. I don't think there was ever a PSU offer for Ogun. I think he mistakenly thought they had offered him.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Ill be honest. I like laray more than gus a bit. With laray there is a extra factor. The reason oregon is his dream school isnt because of the sweet nike stuff, its there great track program. Oregon already has to commits at his position so they might not offer. I hope that Pp has showed him our track as well as fball stuff and used kash as a example.

Nd only needs a handful more commits for a total class. If eo doesnt got to nd we have to be close with cuse for landing him. I have no clue where we stand with gus. The dream would clearly be to land all 3 plus camara and stapelton among others.

I think we have a good shot at landing stepelton and i think were looking at a 2 te class. Him and oneil would be 2 great gets at that position. I did notice we have offered several kids lately at eo's position. Maybe a telling sign but who knows. I would like to land holines. He is a great add if we dont eo. The kid from nass cc i have no clue about.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This would explain the couple offers we made this weekend.

Reaction Score
It's a shame we didn't make his final cut. I would have thought out of courtesy he's keep us in the final. Nest of luck to the young man. He seems ND bound.

Reaction Score
It's a shame we didn't make his final cut. I would have thought out of courtesy he's keep us in the final. Nest of luck to the young man. He seems ND bound.

I'm not convinced that this is the final cut.

Reaction Score
I think the only consistent name has been ND. I want to hold out hope for UConn, but ND looks like they may be what he wants. Again, I am less disappointed than I would be if this were January and he had a change of heart, but it just goes to show that recruiting is tough when you have every school in the country competing against you for one kid's signature.

I wish him the best no matter his choice, seems like a good kid and his coaches think highly of him, but it would be great to think about what can be rather than what could have been....

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I will wait till I hear it from him before I think Uconn is out of it completely.

Even if UConn is out of it their are others out there that will fill the bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul