Ogundecko | The Boneyard

Ogundecko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
and just like that, everything has changed.

going to pick a school august 14th. "#psu #fl #bama #nd #many"

interesting becuase camara had this date tagged as his picking a school date.

pj

Reaction Score
Sounds like he's excited about the big name offers. Hopefully as time goes by the excitement lessens and he makes a sober appraisal of what's best for him. He certainly has a good set of alternatives.

Reaction Score
Dan, where did you get that he eliminated Uconn? From what I've read he's a PSU lean with ND in second, but he cutting his list to 10 soon.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
#many is not md. its "many" as in instead of hashtagging a bunch of schools. i got this from garcias(scout) twitter, he said he got the info from oguns facebook, i am not friends so i couldn't view myself. he cut his list to ten last week and listed 9 schools. i was aware that he liked psu but they had yet to offer. he got that offer and they were #10. then he got a nd offer and they are right away high on his list. i do not think teams like bsu and azst are truly in this at all. we are still in it but i find all this switching around to be kind of crazy. really hard to judge whats up with him. my guess at his top 5 now is bama/psu/nd/cuse/uconn. its been a ton of mixed signals from him to be honest. if he picks either cuse or uconn, i suspect that several nyc recruits will all follow him giving that school a huge sweep in nyc. i also tho believe that agustus and laray will not go to the same school. i also find it hard to see ogun and camara going to the same school but who really knows at this point.

-he commited then decommited, not a big deal as we learned
-has got like 30 offers now. i have said this before but getting a uconn offer now is different then the RE days. people in the cf world trust PP's opinion and eyes for kids, they are swarming to kids we offer. this is the case based off the kids we have lost after verbals as they get more big time offers.
-said at the time he was commited to us that he though laray was also going to commit and the 2 were both going to go here.
-then after a cuse visit he told writes that him and agustus were going to cuse together basically. those 2 took the ride up together back then and are friends. i think hes just a normal kid very excited about everything and speaks his mind at each time. nothing wrong with that at all, but to us fans trying to guage his interest its tricky.
-laray has other offers now but is still high on us.
-agustus is interested in us also and has had several good offers come also
-bama then made a point to visit both on back to back days, saban himself made the trip
-i have seen 20 posts over the last month where different recruiters have visited one or both of them at school
-cuse has visited both of them multiple times, so have we
-ogun said he would pick a school at the army bowl this winter and enroll that janurary(grad early)
-there has been a real increase in sec offers and interest in northern kids this year. i think once one coach comes up here they all make sure they check it out. bama and vandy got the train rolling...
-then during all this camara got his first offer-purdue
-now camara has interest from several including cuse and uconn. he then set a date of august 15th i think to pick a school
-then things went quiet until ogun shortened his list last week then go the nd/psu offers
-now ogun is announcing mid august all of a sudden
-cuse and uconn are also on about 10 other nyc kids this year. big year for nyc and its becoming a HUGE turf war.
-somewhere during all this a couple funny things happened. cuse spent way to much money for a sign in yankee stadium claiming there ny's team. rutgers was feeling extremely left out in all this and they put a sign up in a minor league park lmfao about that...

i'm really lost in all of this. hope we land every single nyc kid we offer, but things dont look great right now.

Reaction Score
#many is not md. its "many" as in instead of hashtagging a bunch of schools. i got this from garcias(scout) twitter, he said he got the info from oguns facebook, i am not friends so i couldn't view myself. he cut his list to ten last week and listed 9 schools. i was aware that he liked psu but they had yet to offer. he got that offer and they were #10. then he got a nd offer and they are right away high on his list. i do not think teams like bsu and azst are truly in this at all. we are still in it but i find all this switching around to be kind of crazy. really hard to judge whats up with him. my guess at his top 5 now is bama/psu/nd/cuse/uconn. its been a ton of mixed signals from him to be honest. if he picks either cuse or uconn, i suspect that several nyc recruits will all follow him giving that school a huge sweep in nyc. i also tho believe that agustus and laray will not go to the same school. i also find it hard to see ogun and camara going to the same school but who really knows at this point.

-he commited then decommited, not a big deal as we learned
-has got like 30 offers now. i have said this before but getting a uconn offer now is different then the RE days. people in the cf world trust PP's opinion and eyes for kids, they are swarming to kids we offer. this is the case based off the kids we have lost after verbals as they get more big time offers.
-said at the time he was commited to us that he though laray was also going to commit and the 2 were both going to go here.
-then after a cuse visit he told writes that him and agustus were going to cuse together basically. those 2 took the ride up together back then and are friends. i think hes just a normal kid very excited about everything and speaks his mind at each time. nothing wrong with that at all, but to us fans trying to guage his interest its tricky.
-laray has other offers now but is still high on us.
-agustus is interested in us also and has had several good offers come also
-bama then made a point to visit both on back to back days, saban himself made the trip
-i have seen 20 posts over the last month where different recruiters have visited one or both of them at school
-cuse has visited both of them multiple times, so have we
-ogun said he would pick a school at the army bowl this winter and enroll that janurary(grad early)
-there has been a real increase in sec offers and interest in northern kids this year. i think once one coach comes up here they all make sure they check it out. bama and vandy got the train rolling...
-then during all this camara got his first offer-purdue
-now camara has interest from several including cuse and uconn. he then set a date of august 15th i think to pick a school
-then things went quiet until ogun shortened his list last week then go the nd/psu offers
-now ogun is announcing mid august all of a sudden
-cuse and uconn are also on about 10 other nyc kids this year. big year for nyc and its becoming a HUGE turf war.
-somewhere during all this a couple funny things happened. cuse spent way to much money for a sign in yankee stadium claiming there ny's team. rutgers was feeling extremely left out in all this and they put a sign up in a minor league park lmfao about that...

i'm really lost in all of this. hope we land every single nyc kid we offer, but things dont look great right now.

You know I love ya Dan and everything you do but......I don't speak twitter. Would it be too much to ask to leave the twitter lingo for, maybe....twitter? I'm 39 years old. Have some mercy.

Reaction Score
per Syracuse writer Garcia, Ogun still considering 10 with Uconn still in the mix, although as mentioned PSU and ND are 1st and 2nd per Brian Dohn.

Don't know if NY RB Edwards is offered by PSU or ND but they are slose and Ogun has indicated he wants to go to thee same school, the plot thickends

Reaction Score
Three weeks ago or so, he listed a "slight top five" of Florida, Alabama, UConn, Syracuse, and Arizona State.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Some reporters get different answers at different times. Recruiting is ever moving and players minds change from one minute to the next. i am happy UConn is in his top 10 and maybe his top 5. Let's see how it all plays out between now and August 14th

Reaction Score
Some reporters get different answers at different times. Recruiting is ever moving and players minds change from one minute to the next. i am happy UConn is in his top 10 and maybe his top 5. Let's see how it all plays out between now and August 14th

Can any of us come close to imagining a work environment with success so dependent on on the fits and starts of the adolescent mind? FCS coach's must live on antacids.

Reaction Score
One coach (I want to say it was the late Jimmy Valvano but I'm not sure of that) was once asked "Why do you look stressed" and responded by saying "I provide food and clothing for my family based on the accomplishments of a group of nineteen year olds running around in underwear. Why would I not look stressed?"

Reaction Score
Ogun just got upgraded to a 4 star on Rivals. Report said that he was just on the outside of the top 250. Good Stuff.

Reaction Score
Ogun just got upgraded to a 4 star on Rivals. Report said that he was just on the outside of the top 250. Good Stuff.

That kid is a stud. When I saw his highlights after he committed to us I couldn't believe he was a three star with no offers up to that point. That the people at Rivals (and others) looked at his highlights and deemed that he was a three star 5.5 rank, shows that regardless of what they say, they're rankings are influenced based on who has offered the kid.

Reaction Score
That kid is a stud. When I saw his highlights after he committed to us I couldn't believe he was a three star with no offers up to that point. That the people at Rivals (and others) looked at his highlights and deemed that he was a three star 5.5 rank, shows that regardless of what they say, they're rankings are influenced based on who has offered the kid.

Ogun was unrated when he committed to Uconn

Reaction Score
How difficult can it be? Just go after the recruits with the most stars and get them to committ ... it's not brain surgery. :confused:

That was Larry Coker's strategy at Miami

Reaction Score
Ogun was unrated when he committed to Uconn

Maybe he was, but shortly after committing to us someone over there took a look at his highlights and determined he was a 5.5 three star recruit. They will tell you it is based on how he has looked in shorts and t shirt at some of the recent combines, but that is a crock of . Truth of the matter is that he has blown up and gotten tons of offers as his highlight tape made the rounds. He moves incredibly fluidly for a kid that size on tape. Coaches from everywhere saw it and that is why I have learned to not live and die with their (recruiting sites) rankings of our players. Jordan Canzeri in my opinion was much better than a two star recruit, he got his BCS offers much later in the process though.

Reaction Score
Maybe he was, but shortly after committing to us someone over there took a look at his highlights and determined he was a 5.5 three star recruit. They will tell you it is based on how he has looked in shorts and t shirt at some of the recent combines, but that is a crock of ****. Truth of the matter is that he has blown up and gotten tons of offers as his highlight tape made the rounds. He moves incredibly fluidly for a kid that size on tape. Coaches from everywhere saw it and that is why I have learned to not live and die with their (recruiting sites) rankings of our players. Jordan Canzeri in my opinion was much better than a two star recruit, he got his BCS offers much later in the process though.

Not debating his value, all of the writers knew he would be rated higher when the re-evaluations took place. We've had this debate about value of recruit rankings. I've said all along, I'd rather have 10 four star recruits then 10 two star recruits.

Reaction Score
ND is in the lead per B Dohn. Ogun has mentioned several times that he and Edwards want to go to the same school. Edwards does not have a ND offer. Garcia mentioned that Ogun and Edwards are meeting this weekend to discuss their options.

For some reason, Garcia believes the Cuse are number 2, I doubt that, they seem to forget he really liked Uconn enough to commit early before de-committing. Dohn seems to think it's over. I think we have a good chance, but it all hangs on Edwards IMO.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I still just don't understand azst. There must be some type of connection or something.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I still just don't understand azst. There must be some type of connection or something.

Walk around the campus and then schedule an appt with the chiropractor for your stiff neck. You'll need to self-medicate for any other stiffnesses you get while viewing campus life.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Walk around the campus and then schedule an appt with the chiropractor for your stiff neck. You'll need to self-medicate for any other stiffnesses you get while viewing campus life.
Yes I know about azst in that view. but did he really visit and considering his offer list i have a hard time seeing hot rank above psu and tosu and fball. There has to be something we dont know.

Reaction Score
Yes I know about azst in that view. but did he really visit and considering his offer list i have a hard time seeing hot rank above psu and tosu and fball. There has to be something we dont know.

I think distance will be a factor, this will come down to ND, Uconn and Syracuse, also Az St has not offered Edwards. If ND offers Edwards, they both end up there. I can see Ogun breaking from Edwards for ND, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom