Officially Official | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Officially Official

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Hurley can talk now right!? Need Hurley interview ASAP!

Reaction Score
This has got to be viewed as a stepping stone and not a final destination. When that next press conference comes, hopefully in a few short years, I'll gladly admit that this was the right move.
Stepping stone to what? A P-5 invite? We waited for one, it didn't happen then the football program went further into the toilet.
I'm still disappointed that a P-5 invite didn't happen and maybe that landscape will change in the future but right now a move to the BE makes the most sense.

Reaction Score
Stepping stone to what? A P-5 invite? We waited for one, it didn't happen then the football program went further into the toilet.
I'm still disappointed that a P-5 invite didn't happen and maybe that landscape will change in the future but right now a move to the BE makes the most sense.
Yes, a place at the P-5 table. We're better than the Big East. We're UConn.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think you're right about less kids playing, and it will be very regional with football being even more of a southern sport than it is already. New England football will be pretty limited.
And if we’re correct football will no longer drive the college sports bus. There won’t be enough teams to provide content. But before that happens there will be a contraction to six conferences with a similar number of schools per conference as currently exists.

It’s this period of time, if I’m correct, that the decision to leave the AAC could haunt the university sports wise. But that would require someone to prove the football team could have improved significantly before this next round. Good luck trying to prove that to any basketball fan. I’m not sure what percentage of football fans believe this. However if the worst case scenario happens a significant number of fans will direct their anger towards Susan Herbst for this decision.

Reaction Score
Yes, a place at the P-5 table. We're better than the Big East. We're UConn.

Ok can we can put a nice little bow on this:

We are UConn, which is better than the Big East, which better than the AAC.

You’re going to say: “in basketball”

And I’m here to tell you that UConn basketball in the big east and an independent football program will one day be more enticing to a P5 conference than remaining in the Big East.

It is better for the brand.

Reaction Score
Ok can we can put a nice little bow on this:

We are UConn, which is better than the Big East, which better than the AAC.

You’re going to say: “in basketball”

And I’m here to tell you that UConn basketball in the big east and an independent football program will one day be more enticing to a P5 conference than remaining in the Big East.

It is better for the brand.
You should have stopped before "in basketball". We're a better university academically. We're a better university athletically. We have more accomplishments and more potential than any other school in the Big East, and this is across-the-board.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
God, I hope I’m dead before football becomes an after thought in this country, especially in exchange for soccer!?!?. It’s already so soft nowadays I hardly recognize it from the sport I grew up loving. Legit one of my biggest fears for the future.

I’m a UConn Men’s B-ball fan solely, but football is my heart.
Not likely to be an afterthought for some time. More a not my kid is going to play which will greatly reduce the pool of players. The majority of parents who refuse to allow their own will have no problem watching someone else’s kid get his body destroyed. There will be enough desperate families who want the golden goose as well as regions of the country that consider it badge of manhood to ignore the consequences football has on the body to continue football for quite some time. It just might not be the number one sport.

Reaction Score
We need to know the specifics on the media deal first before jumping to conclusions. We need to understand why our administration made this move to the Big East. They must have made an agreement with SNY for football and tier-3 rights. After paying all these exit and entry fees, we better be ahead in the new media deal as far as total payout and exposure.

Playing INDY in football is not the end of the world if we can line up decent opponents and have some kind of bowl we can go to at end of a good season.

Reaction Score
We need to know the specifics on the media deal first before jumping to conclusions. We need to understand why our administration made this move to the Big East. They must have made an agreement with SNY for football and tier-3 rights. After paying all these exit and entry fees, we better be ahead in the new media deal as far as total payout and exposure.

Playing INDY in football is not the end of the world if we can line up decent opponents and have some kind of bowl we can go to at end of a good season.
I'd like to know what the potential exit fees from the Big East look like.

Reaction Score
You have to be a young guy to be looking ahead 20 years.
IDK, many of us not entirely young guys sure hope to live as long or longer than you and may have established trusts, invested a few Shekels, explored LTC insurance, etc. A few of us aspire to the same energy level as Mick Jagger last night. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think he's a football board guy hoping we catch a brass ring someday. I hope this works out well for everyone involved, I can at least road trip road games now if I ever get to retire.

Reaction Score

Hurley pitching 10 year olds on the Big East future. Today

Turns out RJ Cole was a 10 yo Calhoun camper

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn athletic department fan. Grab your ankles Friarboi, reality hits soon.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Why does everyone forget this? A Seton Hall friend of mine this past weekend was busting on me that UConn came crawling back after leaving the BE. They left us and bought the BE name.
People are stupid.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Why does everyone forget this? A Seton Hall friend of mine this past weekend was busting on me that UConn came crawling back after leaving the BE. They left us and bought the BE name.
People are stupid.
Ignorance, laziness or pride.

Reaction Score
You should have stopped before "in basketball". We're a better university academically. We're a better university athletically. We have more accomplishments and more potential than any other school in the Big East, and this is across-the-board.

uconn isn't better than georgetown academically. past, present, or future.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom