Official Tomahawk the Tigers Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Official Tomahawk the Tigers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
How is the ball handler going to get the ball to the bigs when they are double screening for him? Because otherwise, he had two guys in from of him. How is he going to get the ball to Facey?
Somehow it worked in the 1st half with the same lineup when Jalen was sitting with fouls...

BUHusky

Reaction Score
The issue was the double screening for a ball handler who can't dribble. Jalen missed a good chunk of the 1st half with foul trouble and there was no issue getting the big screen touches.
Just beat me to that same post.

Reaction Score
The issue was the double screening for a ball handler who can't dribble. Jalen missed a good chunk of the 1st half with foul trouble and there was no issue getting the big screen touches.

Because you had multiple ball handlers out there!! 3 of them! Not just one.

Reaction Score

Well, there were 0 post isos in the entire 2nd half. Jalen got hurt at the 10 minute mark. CV fouled out 10 minutes later. No excuse. They got the ball to the post in the exact same situation in the 1st half with only CV and RP as ball handlers.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Who was the 3rd ball handler in the 1st half when Jalen was sitting with foul trouble? Also, Vital fouled out late in the game. There was plenty of time after Jalen got hurt for Purvis and Vital to get the bigs touches...just like they did in the 1st half.

Reaction Score
Just back from game

Facey looked good

CV was awful, had 2 airball 3s, missed a chance to pass to open player for easy deuce. 3 points in 35 points

Durham looks completely lost at times and missed those 2 big FTs.

Vance's shot is ugly and bad

Purvis out of control, but taking tons of tough and bad shots with no other offensive threats with JA out

Brimah is awful, over commits on blocks and leads to off rebounds and put backs. He had 2 rebs. SE has 6 rebs in 18 mins, too bad his defense isn't better, we could have him play more minutes and sit Brimah. Brimah did have a huge block. Honestly, you have to score each of his possessions, he may actually have a positive PER, just don't know

Reaction Score
Maybe not but VJ and CV are awful offensive players so unless RP was going to involve the bigs he took tons of tough and bad shots

Um, not really. Enoch and Facey were both great in the 1st half. The guards completely ignored them in the 2nd half. Purv against the world wasn't necessary as a lot of you are making it out to be.

Reaction Score
Who was the 3rd ball handler in the 1st half when Jalen was sitting with foul trouble? Also, Vital fouled out late in the game. There was plenty of time after Jalen got hurt for Purvis and Vital to get the bigs touches...just like they did in the 1st half.

Thought you were talking about the last 5 minutes.

During the second half, they were still going to Amidah and Facey (Enoch wasn't in there). In fact, those 2 got the last 2 shots of the half (made them, and both of them were even fouled).

If you're talking about the sequence with Vital missing 2 or 3 threes in a row, I agree. But those were wide open kick outs from penetration.

In OT, it was Rodney and 4 bigs.

Reaction Score
Well, there were 0 post isos in the entire 2nd half. Jalen got hurt at the 10 minute mark. CV fouled out 10 minutes later. No excuse. They got the ball to the post in the exact same situation in the 1st half with only CV and RP as ball handlers.

Rewatch the second half. You'll find this isn't true. Heck, Facey and Brimah got the ball the last few trips. It wasn't only that though, they were looking for them and they were constantly fighting for position.

Reaction Score
Rewatch the second half. You'll find this isn't true. Heck, Facey and Brimah got the ball the last few trips. It wasn't only that though, they were looking for them and they were constantly fighting for position.

They had 2 shots and they weren't even post ups. And they weren't looking for them because the bigs were often at the top of the key setting ball screens, which you already acknowledged. I'm sorry but you are way off.

Reaction Score
In the first half we ran the circle motion offense and after the big set the pin down screen the guards on the wings fed them the ball.

In the second half we ran the same sets during the first 10 minutes and the guards did not look to dish the ball down low.

After Vital fouled out...we ran the double high pick "and roll" offense at the top of the key. I understand that with Vital out and Jackson and Durham playing the 2/3 they may not know how to run the circle motion set (out of position) but come on KO. You HAVE to figure out something to get Facey and Enoch (when he was in the game) the ball.

Have a big set a pick for the other big and have him roll across the box to get him into position. Enoch has shown good patience when backing his man down...give him the ball 15 feet out. ANYTHING.

At some point, when in the last 15 minutes of regulation your PF and C take 3 shots total...thats on the coach.

Reaction Score
His poor decisions have given Auburn numerous free points today. This game would be well over if he was ever in control.

I agree Rodney made some bumbling errors, he's also the only guy to make a couple shots in the 2nd half as well as some FT's. And if we really want to break down a couple other guys on both ends, he wasn't the only one. He had to play the point, he's not close to a PG, not even a sniff of one - not an easy transition.

Jalen Adams just played about 15 minutes total we went into OT with a team coming off a nice win vs a decent OU team, leave it be. So many reasons why we lost but somehow so many like to jump out at Rodney all the time. I admit I'm amazed the kid can't finish as strong as he is, but he plays so damn hard it's hard to lay it all on him.

Reaction Score
They had 2 shots and they weren't even post ups. And they weren't looking for them because the bigs were often at the top of the key setting ball screens, which you already acknowledged. I'm sorry but you are way off.

You're misreading my post totally.

As I wrote, I thought you were talking about the last 5 minutes. How did you miss that?

Enoch didn't play as much the last part of the half. But Brimah and Facey were the first options on the last 4 possessions of the half. Prior to that, Purvis effectively broke down his guy and kicked the ball out for wide open 3s (the fact that we missed them should be on the player).

Reaction Score
You're misreading my post totally.

As I wrote, I thought you were talking about the last 5 minutes. How did you miss that?

Enoch didn't play as much the last part of the half. But Brimah and Facey were the first options on the last 4 possessions of the half. Prior to that, Purvis effectively broke down his guy and kicked the ball out for wide open 3s (the fact that we missed them should be on the player).

Somehow you and I manage to be on completely different pages even though I think we probably agree more than we disagree. We can leave it at that.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I agree Rodney made some bumbling errors, he's also the only guy to make a couple shots in the 2nd half as well as some FT's. And if we really want to break down a couple other guys on both ends, he wasn't the only one. He had to play the point, he's not close to a PG, not even a sniff of one - not an easy transition.

Jalen Adams just played about 15 minutes total we went into OT with a team coming off a nice win vs a decent OU team, leave it be. So many reasons why we lost but somehow so many like to jump out at Rodney all the time. I admit I'm amazed the kid can't finish as strong as he is, but he plays so damn hard it's hard to lay it all on him.

I agree that he was the only option left to try to break things down late, but he is never in control when he drives. He was pretty aswful in the first half though when the team was at "full strength". He just puts his head down in a bull rush and either fumbles it away, charges, or is so out of control that his layups just smack off the backboard. That's what frustrates me for a 5th year senior to not be able to be in control of himself on the court.

Reaction Score
Lest we not forget, Rotney is a fifth year senior, given his transfer year sitting out. He should have figured out a few things by now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom