Official Selection Show thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Official Selection Show thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
People overlooking UCF here. They lost three games all year, all by single digits, two of them to Tennessee and Iowa. They are incredibly physical and great on the boards. UConn will have to grind that one out.

Also think no team has a potentially tougher path to the title: UCF, Kentucky/Indiana, NC State, Stanford, SC.

Reaction Score
As a UCF fan I am disappointed that we got sent to UCONN. Just feels like a poor draw. I personally live near Houston so selfishly was hoping we'd get sent to one of the schools out here. Hopefully we can shutdown Florida and see what happens though.

Reaction Score
You're right, brain fart here. An hour and twenty minutes away, so still very close to home.

And every top 4 seed hosts the first 2 rounds. After that, you travel to a predetermined regional site. UCONN's regional location is in Bridgeport which gives them a home atmosphere until the Final Four.
Have you ever driven CT highways? An hour and 20 minute drive takes forever. I'd pack an overnight bag.:D

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Is that near a Metro North station? Driving to the arena In Bridgeport is :eek:
Nan the Trumbull Marriott is off the Merritt Pkwy and you'll have to find a way to get to I-95 south which isnt bad. A short trip. In the past teams stayed in Stamford and Trumbull Marriotts.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
We had a chance to make a case for Greensboro in that opening game and had the door shut pretty quickly with that loss.
It didn't come down to just that one game. The losses to Georgia and Notre Dame also hurt the cause. If the SC game had been the only one NC State lost, they'd probably be in Greensboro.

Reaction Score
Why this no love for UConn and of their #2 seed in Bridgeport. You want to blame this on anyone blame all the teams that were upset on day one of their conference tourneys that made this happen. ;)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Nan the Trumbull Marriott is off the Merritt Pkwy and you'll have to find a way to get to I-95 south which isnt bad. A short trip. In the past teams stayed in Stamford and Trumbull Marriotts.
Also Ralph and Riches Restaurant is a short walk from Harbor Yard and again in the past Geno the team and their parents eat there after the game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
People overlooking UCF here. They lost three games all year, all by single digits, two of them to Tennessee and Iowa. They are incredibly physical and great on the boards. UConn will have to grind that one out.

Also think no team has a potentially tougher path to the title: UCF, Kentucky/Indiana, NC State, Stanford, SC.
Agreed that no opponent of UCF is in for an easy or fun time. This is their best team yet, led by seniors and super-seniors.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
It didn't come down to just that one game. The losses to Georgia and Notre Dame also hurt the cause. If the SC game had been the only one NC State lost, they'd probably be in Greensboro.
Only one team could be the #1 seed in Greensboro. That head-to-head loss was likely a difference maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom