Official Punish the Pirates Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Official Punish the Pirates Game Thread

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This is disgusting on so many levels. This team is worse than anything we've seen in 30 years.

We're going to finish below .500 for first time since JC's first season. So yeah, 30 years.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The most inept performance I've ever seen. East Carolina gave them every chance to win down the stretch and no one stepped up. Facey could have won the game from the line if he could shoot a free throw. How can he be that bad from the line?

Reaction Score
We are a sorry team and Ollie is a sorry coach right now. Don't want to hear about injuries, nonsense, we lost to some very bad teams this year. Embarrassing.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Do you critics realize we're playing these games with almost half of a Div. 1 starting five. It's that bad , but yet, some of you approach theses games with expectations. LOL. It's Comical. We have the bare minimum- 1 point guard , 1 two guard , 1 combo guard , 1 small forward , 1 PF , 1 Center and two back up bigs. No Legit division 1 coach is even programmed to coach that. I swear , Coach K , etc . Wouldn't even know how to approach coaching this team. We have nothing right now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn basketball has officially hit a new low. No excuses to lose to this team. This is worse than losing to Wagner. Facey missed 7 free throws. Adams disappears in the second half. The rest are just the rest. Weak, unintelligent players. Poor coaching.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
A mediocre to bad season next year and KO is on the hot seat.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It's a team that has zero BB IQ. Talent, but no IQ
What really hurts is how far backwards Brimah and Purvis went this year. Good years from them would have made all the difference. Hell, even so-so years would have helped.

Reaction Score
Do you critics realize we're playing these games with almost half of a Div. 1 starting five. It's that bad , but yet, some of you approach theses games with expectations. LOL. It's Comical.
Even with half of a DI starting five, they should have been able to beat this ECU team. No excuses. This is a bad team.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Do you critics realize we're playing these games with almost half of a Div. 1 starting five. It's that bad , but yet, some of you approach theses games with expectations. LOL. It's Comical.
Is it comical to expect a roster with two 5* players, 4 other top 100 players and an AAC DPOY to beat East Facking Carolina? My god man the last 3 years have really plummeted expectations of this program.

Reaction Score
Yale (two years ago), Wagner, Northeastern.... add ECU to the list...can this season just end? Now? What a joke thinking they could make a run through the aacT, and I can blame myself for a little hope.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I'm also,amazed that Vance, who can hit bombs with hand in his face is so inconsistent with free throws. Nothing bothers me more then hoop players that can't shoot free throws. Free points with the clock stopped. They were the difference in this debacle.

Reaction Score
A mediocre to bad season next year and KO is on the hot seat.
There is no reason to believe that there will be any improvement, and maybe even worse. Handicapped players, no big man in sight. Lack of player development, and coach who cannot coach college players, but maybe should be an NBA coach. (Yes, he won the national championship in 2014, but not with his players, players who were already developed by Calhoun.

Reaction Score
I'm also,amazed that Vance, who can hit bombs with hand in his face is so inconsistent with free throws. Nothing bothers me more then hoop players that can't shoot free throws. Free points with the clock stopped. They were the difference in this debacle.

He's a freshman. He'll only get better.

Reaction Score
This is a team that's lost to Wagner, Northeastern and East Carolina in the same year and *barely* escaped BU.

Shut up about injuries.

Reaction Score
There is no reason to believe that there will be any improvement, and maybe even worse. Handicapped players, no big man in sight. Lack of player development, and coach who cannot coach college players, but maybe should be an NBA coach. (Yes, he won the national championship in 2014, but not with his players, players who were already developed by Calhoun.

"and coach who cannot coach college players". Do you have a clue how stupid you sound with a comment like this?

Reaction Score
And recruiting doesn't mean if your talent isn't good when it gets here, doesn't develop and makes the same mistakes over and over again.

It's either these kids aren't very coachable. Or - the coaching staff is bad. Or - both. Whatever it is, there's a disconnect.

Given the revolving personnel the last three years and it being the same problem over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I mean how many games *just like this one* do people need to see?

And again - if we're not at the line - then what does that line look like? Losing to these guys and *more*?

Horatio

Reaction Score
This is a team that's lost to Wagner, Northeastern and East Carolina in the same year and *barely* escaped BU.

Shut up about injuries.
Shut up about the injuries? I just watched a game in which three brand new injuries were brought up throughout the game. Three new injuries.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Do you critics realize we're playing these games with almost half of a Div. 1 starting five. It's that bad , but yet, some of you approach theses games with expectations. LOL. It's Comical. We have the bare minimum- 1 point guard , 1 two guard , 1 combo guard , 1 small forward , 1 PF , 1 Center and two back up bigs. No Legit division 1 coach is even programmed to coach that. I swear , Coach K , etc . Wouldn't even know how to approach coaching this team. We have nothing right now.

So based on what Joe D said in the pregame, Rodney had a dislocated finger today and Jalen wasn't planning on playing...until Vital got hurt too. Both decided to tough it out tonight.

This is the season from hell. No other way to describe it. It hurts to lose to a team like the Pirates. But I've never seen a team as snake bitten as we've been this year. Just hope to get our players healthy in one week's time and try to make a miracle happen in the tourney...

Reaction Score
Shut up about the injuries? I just watched a game in which three brand new injuries were brought up throughout the game. Three new injuries.

Our 6, 7, 8 players alone should be running these teams off the court. Stop it.

Horatio

Reaction Score
So based on what Joe D said in the pregame, Rodney had a dislocated finger today and Jalen wasn't planning on playing...until Vital got hurt too. Both decided to tough it out tonight.

This is the season from hell. No other way to describe it. It hurts to lose to a team like the Pirates. But I've never seen a team as snake bitten as we've been this year. Just hope to get our players healthy in one week's time and try to make a miracle happen in the tourney...
Exactly!!!

Reaction Score
It's important to note at times like this that we are a football and hockey school now.
Huge series this weekend at northeastern #icebus

Reaction Score
So with everything else being the same, you think if Calhoun, George Blaney, and Tom Moore had been coaching this team (much less Coach K, lol) they would still have the same lousy record and same embarrassing losses, given the level of competition in this league?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom