Official Overwhelm the Owls Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Official Overwhelm the Owls Game Thread

Reaction Score
Really????????????????? What about the bitch'n about the zone??????????????
Couldn't have been that good - be honest
Go watch the tape, man to man every possession and the last two mins, get a life...

This is a man to man team, always has been...

Ollie is one of the best coaches in the nation, everyone makes mistakes sometimes...

Reaction Score
Temple has three really good Freshmen. Big Moore + Little Moore + Quinton Rose. A really good foundation to develop going forward; hope they keep all three for 4.

Reaction Score
Unless we win the tourney we are looking at 20 wins as a ceiling, they won't let us in with 20 wins.
I don't know, look at the bubble teams. Wake Forest is right on the bubble and I highly doubt they get to 20 wins. Unlikely I'll give you, but if it comes down to UConn and Wake Forest at 19 or 20 wins (which I assume means 1 or 2 over Cincy/SMU) I don't think it's outlandish to think we'd get the nod

Reaction Score
I don't know, look at the bubble teams. Wake Forest is right on the bubble and I highly doubt they get to 20 wins. Unlikely I'll give you, but if it comes down to UConn and Wake Forest at 19 or 20 wins (which I assume means 1 or 2 over Cincy/SMU) I don't think it's outlandish to think we'd get the nod
Committee hates aac and love acc, hard to think we'd get in there .

Reaction Score
don't forget that we have a bad win over Syrexcuse to add luster to our chances

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Go watch the tape, man to man every possession and the last two mins, get a life...

This is a man to man team, always has been...

Ollie is one of the best coaches in the nation, everyone makes mistakes sometimes...

what is it with get a life?
my 10 yo grandson used to say that

and btw - they played a passive zone quite a bit today

Reaction Score
I don't disagree that they love the ACC, but they put Tulsa in last year so I don't think the hate the AAC. To be clear I don't realistically think we get in unless we win the conference tournament, but until we don't I'll be optimistic

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The selection committee is biased by the way it is configured. The P5 have a disproportionate of members on the committee relative to teams in D1, and, as common agendas go, they'll rationalize close choices in their favor. But the skewing is not significant and only a couple of teams get hurt one way or another.

Bottom line is UConn needs to do a lot more just to be considered for the NIT. But like others in this forum, I just love how these kids have not quit. It says loads about their character and the character of the coaches. Just look at how many fans in this forum have wilted and we're not under the spotlight.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I saw that too. After scoring, Jalen immediately transitioned to defense.

It's almost like there's an image ingrained in his memory of a player making a shot and celebrating only to be outdone by a 3/4 court shot due to the player celebrating instead of defending. He probably had that happen to him playing some video game.

Reaction Score

Fan-shot angle of the game winner. Always fun to get a second perspective.

Would love to hear Joe D's call at some point..

Reaction Score

Fan-shot angle of the game winner. Always fun to get a second perspective.

Would love to hear Joe D's call at some point..

Uh, why is he looking up at the screen?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom