Official Overwhelm the Owls Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Official Overwhelm the Owls Game Thread

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And that my friends is how Mojo works. @August_West , take note.

In this game thread I say:

1. Rodney, unless scoring, is like tits on a bull.
2. I mention another poster's observation about Rodney not being a good shooter off the dribble.
3. Rodney makes a runner and a pull up 3 off the dribble.
4. I make a concession to the Mojo gods.
5. Then??? I shut up. It's obvious my analysis of Rodney's weaknesses lit a fire under Rodney in the second half.
6. Do I fight the Mojo kickback? Of course not. I'm so alpha I can handle it.
7. UConn wins.

It's that simple. That's how Mojo works. I'll leave it to others to dissect the logical fallacies. Mojo cares not of logic. Mojo is about results. If you believe Mojo is working you go with it.

Reaction Score
Imagine if they could play a solid first half.. try could actually win without a heart attack. But, I like the character build here.

Reaction Score
Win the next four and I agree...

That would make it 11 out of 12 and 13-5 conference, committee would have to understand that the team had to figure out with the 3 injuries and we would be in....

Much to ask considering we are playing 3 of the top teams in the American.
Having Lunardi at the game was annoying at first, but I gotta say, I'm starting to get slightly hopeful for this team playing its way into the top-68.

Reaction Score
He actually allowed for the possibility of a UCONN at large bid by winning almost all of our remaining games...
Alright! I want to see what happens if Uconn can finish 3-1 and get to the finals of the aac.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I liked the defense on Temple's last shot - slowed them down and no clean look available.

Reaction Score
If it comes down to UConn being on the bubble, the committee is going to let in a Illinois State or Seton Hall over UConn? Would be insanely foolish if the NCAA wants viewers.

Reaction Score
Forget Wagner and Northeastern. With a weak bubble those Ohio Stare, Auburn, Tulsa and Georgetown losses could come back to haunt us big. Win 3 of those it coulda been different. But we weren't over the injuries so weren't ready. My daughter (UConn'10) lives in Houston and of course is going. She will bring the mojo. She moved there in FEB. 2011 and guess what?????

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Forget Wagner and Northeastern. With a weak bubble those Ohio Stare, Auburn, Tulsa and Georgetown losses could come back to haunt us big. Win 3 of those it coulda been different. But we weren't over the injuries so weren't ready. My daughter (UConn'10) lives in Houston and of course is going. She will bring the mojo. She moved there in FEB. 2011 and guess what?????
And Jalen got his concussion in that stretch minus Georgetown but then didn't Steve and Durham get injured before Georgetown. Just a cursed season injury wise.

Reaction Score
wow...forgot about the concussion. what a mess but really proud of the no quit ethic....and this is a team that will only win with effort

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What a great in and out left handed dribble by Adams, really growing up in front of our eyes!!!

Let's go Huskies!!!

What a coaching job by Ollie!!!

Really????????????????? What about the bitch'n about the zone??????????????
Couldn't have been that good - be honest

Reaction Score
Having Lunardi at the game was annoying at first, but I gotta say, I'm starting to get slightly hopeful for this team playing its way into the top-68.

Unless we win the tourney we are looking at 20 wins as a ceiling, they won't let us in with 20 wins.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
wow...forgot about the concussion. what a mess but really proud of the no quit ethic....and this is a team that will only win with effort
That concussion not only hurt during those games he was out, but several afterwards because he and the team were just starting to understand his role as pg when it happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom