NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
Welp. Never won them all anyway
they looked better than yesterday after losing
Mainly cuz of Adams
So there's that. Happy friday

Reaction Score
Tough loss, but at least they showed some guts and fought back.

Now let's get the hell out of here and back to CT.

H

huskies2929

Gibbs has been disappointing in D to me especially. Adams needs some more run. Even when he's not playing well he has a composure in both sides of the floor we need

Reaction Score
Purvis and Gibbs need to do more than give us a two-minute hot spurt every so often. The two of them are in their ninth years of college ball combined. Some degree of basketball savviness would be nice.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I continue to maintain that basketball needs to incorporate the "play on" rule that we have in soccer. Similar to a free play after an offsides in football, the referee has the discretion to allow play to continue if a defender commits a foul but the team with possession of the ball still has an advantage. If such a rule were applied today, DHam's pass to Adams would have tied it at 70 after the shot clock violation.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Dham's three attempt in last minutes was one of the worse shots in UConn history.
First of all, he needed two points to get the lead or tie, he had numbers, but, worst of all, he went to the weakest part of his game at the most important part of the game when every option was open to him.

Reaction Score
Gibbs had a great look before the dribble and step back, take the first shot

Yes he did and should have shot it right away said the same thing. Oh well he had a rough one.

Reaction Score
Dham's three when down one was one of the worse shots in UConn history.
First of all he needed was two points to get the lead or tie, he had numbers, but, worst of all,was that he went to the weakest part of his game at the most important part of the game when every option was open to him.

Watch the play again we had them on their heels and I would have been happy if he took it right at Kanowski as he was retreating and may have either scored or got fouled. Just pulling up for the 3 was very weak for a smart kid, too bad.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The finishing at the rim is also eerily reminiscent of last year, way too many points being left at the rim on easy misses

Gotta think they can clean that up. Once all the parts are working together. Part of that might be the substitution thing too. Guys can't get into the flow.

Reaction Score
Gotta think they can clean that up. Once all the parts are working together. Part of that might be the substitution thing too. Guys can't get into the flow.

I can't say for sure on Gibbs since I have no history on him other than what we've seen so far, but I don't have much hope for Purvis and DHam. Purvis is just a disaster trying to finish through contact(his HS mixtapes couldn't be more misleading) and DHam just continues to leave stuff short and all over the place at the rim. Another critical play for him that kinda went under the radar during the second half comeback, he left his man in the dust going baseline, has a wide open bunny at the rim and he front rims it. Brimah got the offensive board, got fouled on the putback and then made 1 outta 2 at the line. DHam has got to finish that play, Bilas goes on to say that he was surprised that he missed that, and the only thing I could think was he must not have watched him play much last year.

H

huskymagic

I can't say for sure on Gibbs since I have no history on him other than what we've seen so far, but I don't have much hope for Purvis and DHam. Purvis is just a disaster trying to finish through contact(his HS mixtapes couldn't be more misleading) and DHam just continues to leave stuff short and all over the place at the rim. Another critical play for him that kinda went under the radar during the second half comeback, he left his man in the dust going baseline, has a wide open bunny at the rim and he front rims it. Brimah got the offensive board, got fouled on the putback and then made 1 outta 2 at the line. DHam has got to finish that play, Bilas goes on to say that he was surprised that he missed that, and the only thing I could think was he must not have watched him play much last year.

Gibbs same thing he missed two easy left handed layups today and yesterday missed several layups. One thing is for sure Gibbs needs to come off the bench and Adams needs to start. Since Gibbs and Purvis are essentially the same player, Purvis gets the nod due to his size, speed, and ability to defend multiple positions. You can't have interchangeable zeroes on defense and lack of basketball IQ. We need more composure and savvy on the floor which Adams provides despite being a freshman. Kentucky and Duke have played multiple freshman and won with them. Experience is only as good as the player wielding it. Talent trumps experience.

Reaction Score
Gibbs same thing he missed two easy left handed layups today and yesterday missed several layups. One thing is for sure Gibbs needs to come off the bench and Adams needs to start. Since Gibbs and Purvis are essentially the same player, Purvis gets the nod due to his size, speed, and ability to defend multiple positions. You can't have interchangeable zeroes on defense and lack of basketball IQ. We need more composure and savvy on the floor which Adams provides despite being a freshman. Kentucky and Duke have played multiple freshman and won with them. Experience is only as good as the player wielding it. Talent trumps experience.

You can post this in every thread if you want but it's not going to make it any less silly.

There really is something to this post:like ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom