Official Let's Launch Charlton Into Space Poll | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Official Let's Launch Charlton Into Space Poll

When should we launch Charlton in Space?

• Now

Votes: 108 77.1%
  • After the season

Votes: 34 24.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Something is very wrong...it's either how they practice...the scheme...the players they put on the two deep...in game adjustments...etc.

It all falls on Charlton. I watched football all day yesterday...I saw offense after offense look competent. Teams at all different levels. They all find a way to move the ball. Except UConn. Again.

Reaction Score
Remember when Rhett Lashlee turned a ragtag bunch of I-AA caliber Diaco-leftover UConn players into an exciting offense which moved the ball so well that our new/retread head coach made him slow down to protect our horrible defense?
Let;'s not be telling scary stories at sunset. ;)

Reaction Score
Remember when Rhett Lashlee turned a ragtag bunch of I-AA caliber Diaco-leftover UConn players into an exciting offense which moved the ball so well that our new/retread head coach made him slow down to protect our horrible defense?
I remember that lol. So pathetic it’s hysterical

Reaction Score
Fire him. Hire Kevin Decker from Old Dominion.
We literally can throw a dart against the USA map and find an OC from a nearby school that can make better calls than our current OC. There are many OCs at FCS schools that can make better calls than our current OC

Reaction Score
Not sure how he got the job. I thought Mora might know something we didn’t. He didn’t. No fault in making bad decisions. They get made all the time. Deciding to fix decisions you know are bad instead of wishing they work out is the exception and separates the successful from the unsuccessful.

Reaction Score
Can we stop beatifying Lashl…. He was awful. Picked the wrong quarterback. We lose to Holy Cross with his choice. The team was 3-9. The great Lashlee offense was pretty bad. They played fast but that wasn’t helpful when you score 12, 16, 18, and 21 points. They scored 31 against a good Memphis team. Of course Memphis got 70. Maybe a little slower helps.

Reaction Score
Daboll is denying it but he clearly took over play calling for the Giants and they went from scoring 0 points in 6 quarters to 4 straight TDs. Time to tell marinelli to step up.

If that isn't proof that play calling matters idk what is

Reaction Score
I thought Mora threw Charlton under the bus with a few of his quotes at the after game presser.
He is ready to make the move, but availability of an alternative is key and also the reality that once he lets Charlton go, Mora owns what happens on offense. The next guy to go would be him. There is no longer any sacrificial buffer. Not likely, but his job would be next in the sequence.
He no longer has any credibility as a critic, it is directly his creation and this time with hopefully lessens learned from hiring Charlton in the first place.

Reaction Score
I am dubious of the firing people thing. A whole new offense and a lot of new players. Yeah yeah, I know the portal. But so far the portal and NIL have not helped UConn much. Let the new adviser guide things in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Most of our running plays look like the defense was told the play pre snap. Charlton ran the same play twice in 4h Q against FIU. Gained a few yards first time and nothing the second. RPO only works if the QB is a threat and is used to run the ball 20 to 30% of the time as a counter and has the speed to be a danger. Charlton has put us behind the 8 ball.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
FB_IMG_1695322965444.jpg

Reaction Score
I bet we could get 3 Year Letterman for cheap. Or have a guy run the offense via Zoom. That would be better than Nick Charlton.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I bet we could get 3 Year Letterman for cheap. Or have a guy run the offense via Zoom. That would be better than Nick Charlton.
Shoot, get the guy running the University of New Haven…they’re 2-1 and, gasp, have scored several passing touchdowns.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Can’t fire him mid season. But I’d be in favor of giving someone else the play calling duties.
We aren’t talking a head coach here. You can definitely fire him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom