Official Let's Launch Charlton Into Space Poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official Let's Launch Charlton Into Space Poll

When should we launch Charlton in Space?

• Now

Votes: 108 77.1%
  • After the season

Votes: 34 24.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
We could continue to pay him his salary to go chill on a beach or something. We seem to like doing that with our coaches.

Reaction Score
To be fair, I don't think Charlton is responsible for the penalties or running an 11 yard route on 4th and 14.

They had 3+ minutes during the review to select a play and talk to the team.

Reaction Score
Despite my username - Mora doesn’t get a pass anymore. Anyone who’s ever had a job knows the buck stops at the top. He’s just as at fault as anyone else.
Could be worse-see Michigan State

Reaction Score
Lol not really. Dude was a scumbag but doesn’t mean he wasn’t effective leading a team.
He had one ridiculously good year and MSU gave him 70 million.....you wonder how much he will walk away with. Everything that's wrong with college sports right now

Reaction Score
The defense was the only reason we were in this game. If we ever were.

In College Football now you have to score points. And people will score on you. These guys score points. We don't.
The defense only played one half.

They came out in the first half so terrified that the QB would run, they were easy pickings. In the second half they decided it was okay to pressure the QB and the game changed. There is an old military expression that generals often figth the last battle. That's what happened today. They were so concerned with stopping the QB run, they didn't didn't realize this was not a very good running QB. They came into the game on their heels.

Reaction Score
According to the box score, FIU had 3 fumbles with no turnovers by UConn. Yet, none of those turnovers resulted in any points for UConn. You’re right Zoo, gotta score.

They sucked in the first half. But even still in the first half they made them punt.

The fact that we are so inept on offense makes every error on defense a death sentence.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Despite my username - Mora doesn’t get a pass anymore. Anyone who’s ever had a job knows the buck stops at the top. He’s just as at fault as anyone else.
Wouldn't Benedict be at the top, or possibly Maric? Perhaps we should fire her and see if it helps the program?

Reaction Score
Here's an idea for Charlton: Fire the coach at Southern Connecticut State University (Tom Godek) and give Charlton the job. Southern has been awful last few years and Charlton has the skills and experience to turn that level of a team around. He is not doing well at UConn, unless he surprises us during the Duke game.

Reaction Score
Here's an idea for Charlton: Fire the coach at Southern Connecticut State University (Tom Godek) and give Charlton the job. Southern has been awful last few years and Charlton has the skills and experience to turn that level of a team around. He is not doing well at UConn, unless he surprises us during the Duke game.

Why do you hate SCSU so much? :)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I hate all the bubble screens, but I don't think Charlton is a terrible coach. He might not be great, but he is not the problem. Our QB's are not very good, and the line is underperforming badly from last year. I actually like Charlton's running plays because the ball is in the back's hands fast and the plays give the RB's options. I think Houston is not particularly "slippery" and has a tendency to run right into defenders. Rosa is good enough for a team like UConn.

My biggest issue is the overall intensity level of the team. We could bring in Bill Walsh in his prime and our offense would not work until we solve that. Mora and Charlton just have to yank receivers who jog through routes. It drives me crazy as a fan, and it must make them bonkers as coaches. Burn redshirts if they have to, but anything less than full effort by any player should result in an immediate benching for the remainder of the game.

Reaction Score
I hate all the bubble screens, but I don't think Charlton is a terrible coach. He might not be great, but he is not the problem. Our QB's are not very good, and the line is underperforming badly from last year. I actually like Charlton's running plays because the ball is in the back's hands fast and the plays give the RB's options. I think Houston is not particularly "slippery" and has a tendency to run right into defenders. Rosa is good enough for a team like UConn.

My biggest issue is the overall intensity level of the team. We could bring in Bill Walsh in his prime and our offense would not work until we solve that. Mora and Charlton just have to yank receivers who jog through routes. It drives me crazy as a fan, and it must make them bonkers as coaches. Burn redshirts if they have to, but anything less than full effort by any player should result in an immediate benching for the remainder of the game.

Literally every criticism you cited relates to Charlton’s responsibilities

Out problem is scheme and play calling.

You can watch any number of teams with similar talent levels execute offense proficiently.

Slants and crossing routes are difficult for anyone to defend. Sending a Tight End late down a seam in a Cover 2 with Joly?

Ross, Joly and Houston are the playmakers. Charlton struggles to get 2 of the 3 the ball consistently.

The guy never had a high producing offense at Maine. They didn’t score lots of points.

Maine wasn’t even good. They at best were just average.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Literally every criticism you cited relates to Charlton’s responsibilities

Out problem is scheme and play calling.

You can watch any number of teams with similar talent levels execute offense proficiently.

Slants and crossing routes are difficult for anyone to defend. Sending a Tight End late down a seam in a Cover 2 with Joly?

Ross, Joly and Houston are the playmakers. Charlton struggles to get 2 of the 3 the ball consistently.

The guy never had a high producing offense at Maine. They didn’t score lots of points.

Maine wasn’t even good. They at best were just average.

I am not going to defend him. I am just pointing out that there are bigger problems.

Reaction Score

Lol. Go back and rewatch yesterday’s game.

If he has a tendency to run into defenders it is more often than not because a block was missed.

He has been the most consistent in terms of average ypc.

Charlton should figure out packages that has Houston/Rosa on the field at the same time.

If both guys had the ability to play both RB/Wr why wouldn’t we use their athleticism to our advantage?? Truly mind boggling…especially given all the struggles we have faced with the receiving core…a double wheel route would be astronomical with those two.

Reaction Score
To be fair, I don't think Charlton is responsible for the penalties or running an 11 yard route on 4th and 14.

It's the route he drew up.

The false starts are on him too. The offense falls under him.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My first thought when I saw the thread title:

Orangutan launches opossum

I know PETA won't agree but I thought it was funny as hell when I saw it the other day. I'm not sure if it would be the best move at the moment but if a reenactment of this scene is how we'd do it I'm all for launching Charlton tomorrow'; Tuesday at the latest. Our football fans need something to smile about

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
My first thought when I saw the thread title:

Orangutan launches opossum

I know PETA won't agree but I thought it was funny as hell when I saw it the other day. I'm not sure if it would be the best move at the moment but if a reenactment of this scene is how we'd do it I'm all for launching Charlton tomorrow'; Tuesday at the latest. Our football fans need something to smile about
On a somewhat related note, I think oragutans are what is needed to turn things right around. They have an innate understanding of what sucks.

Reaction Score
I think the offensive scheme and execution is so bad that it has impacted our defense negatively as it is what they see in practice all week and then when it's time for games they have to adjust to real offenses.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Lol. Go back and rewatch yesterday’s game.

If he has a tendency to run into defenders it is more often than not because a block was missed.

He has been the most consistent in terms of average ypc.

Charlton should figure out packages that has Houston/Rosa on the field at the same time.

If both guys had the ability to play both RB/Wr why wouldn’t we use their athleticism to our advantage?? Truly mind boggling…especially given all the struggles we have faced with the receiving core…a double wheel route would be astronomical with those two.
So true. Why the 2 best speedsters cannot see the field at the same time is a head scratcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom