Official: Hurley tells UK, NOPE | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Official: Hurley tells UK, NOPE

Reaction Score
She does seem to be the biggest reason he can't leave the north-east.
What make you think that he wants to, but she's holding him back? He went to Seton Hall, I'm sure there were plenty of opportunities for him to go away for college.

Reaction Score
Let’s not fan the flames, I’m usually all for good natured trash talk but there are crazy people out there. We got it good here and Hurley is staying, why continue these Twitter wars it’s not worth it.

Reaction Score
Almost like Kentucky throwing numbers out there in order to get Hurley a raise that will bankrupt the UConn athetic dept. Not a bad strategy I guess. They can’t beat us on the floor as things stand.
This is actually a common method in business strategy taught in MBA and Industrial Organization courses. "Raising Rival Costs in Imperfectly Competitive Markets.".

The Kentucky fans have pie in their faces and are beside themselves. How dare someone consider other factors in life beyond money? They are incredulous and then are left with nothing more than to inflict damage to UConn by pumping up the salary and trying to poach the assistants.

There are some good KY fans, but holy Moses this is a bad look for them.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Their search is beginning to look like uclas from a few years back.

Reaction Score
He’s choosing to make 8-9 million a year at a blue blood instead of 12 at a slightly worse job. Those extra couple of millions doesn’t change anything about his day to day life. But moving to Kentucky and having to please THAT fan base and THAT community when he’s damn near the king of CT is a fools adventure. The decision wasn’t hard
Exactly… If their program was so good they wouldn’t have to offer to make DH the highest paid coach in college sports or been turned down by 3 coaches. And didn’t Cal take an annualized pay cut to get out of there. Lol

Reaction Score
Hmmm, has UK thought about calling Mick Cronin?

Hmmm, maybe Kentucky should call Mick Cronin?
It's honestly surprising to me that his name isn't being mentioned in this search at all. I get that he's already at a blue blood, but he's Cinci guy which is a stone's throw from Lexington and was an assistant at Louisville for a couple years. He's also young and obviously one of the better coaches in the country.

Reaction Score
Oates is in the middle of a divorce and he’s trying to acquire joint custody of his kids. I’m sure he would need his ex-wife to agree and move as well or give up shared custody if he left

Reaction Score
Have you ever seen people that live in Ashford CT. They’re fun to trash.
LOL. No, no, no. I used to hang out with some people from Ashford in high school. They attend E.O. Smith high school just like Storrs and Mansfield residents. The Ashford folks were remarkably cool.

Reaction Score
Not as much as you might think, Jay Wright turned them down multiple times and so did Billy Donovan in 08. It's really just not that attractive of a job and there's almost zero home grown talent in Kentucky (even less than Indiana).
Nope - Oats and Few aren't Donovan and Wright. KY has fallen for sure.

Reaction Score
It's honestly surprising to me that his name isn't being mentioned in this search at all. I get that he's already at a blue blood, but he's Cinci guy which is a stone's throw from Lexington and was an assistant at Louisville for a couple years. He's also young and obviously one of the better coaches in the country.
All of that is true, but I believe he has a $20M buyout. I think that is the deterrent.

Reaction Score
I had to go look. The UK board is in a state of implosion. :D

Reaction Score
Exactly… If their program was so good they wouldn’t have to offer to make DH the highest paid coach in college sports or been turned down by 3 coaches. And didn’t Cal take an annualized pay cut to get out of there. Lol
Calipari's video about leaving Kentucky and that the fans of Kentucky need to hear a new voice looked like a hostage video. Does anyone think other coaches who watched that said "that job isn't worth it"?

Reaction Score
To follow on from the Tweet above...

best post on the UK board i saw today was in response to this tweet. it was along the lines of "if he's stupid enough to turn down $20mill/year then we dodged a bullet"

classic cognitive dissonance.

Reaction Score
Whatever happened to no means no.

In Kentucky no means "Come on over big fella, I've got the moonshine chilling in the stream."

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Oates is in the middle of a divorce and he’s trying to acquire joint custody of his kids. I’m sure he would need his ex-wife to agree and move as well or give up shared custody if he left

Is this true? Seems like it is more coping from KY fans because Nate turned them down.

Reaction Score
I would have already been moved in. 100 MILLION?
1. I doubt that number is real. 2. He's not you. He's going to get a massive raise and be making millions upon millions anyway 3. Have you ever been to Kentucky? It's like going back in time. I spent a year there one night. I will see myself out.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
It’s been reported numerous places.

Do you have any links? I’ve looked and can’t find anything. Ultimately it doesn’t really matter to me, I’m just curious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom