Official: Hurley tells UK, NOPE | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Official: Hurley tells UK, NOPE

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The chance to win 3 in a row in men's college basketball is virtually 0%, unless you are Dan Hurley. You have to chase 3 in a row because you are the only man alive who can do that.

Plus, you have to wait and see what happens with CR and if there are any changes to UConn's membership or the Big East's membership.

I just don't see any Dan Hurley moving.
Hello - John Wooden

Reaction Score
Even if in jest, the post game comments for sure made it seem like she had a big influence, it’s not that much of a leap from the fans.
He was joking around. Of course his wife has influence but Dan isn't stupid, he knows this is the best place for him for a bunch of different reasons namely basketball. He was never interested in the job.

Reaction Score
Lots of people talk about the happiness curve (i.e., once you make a certain amount of money, the actual impact on your day-to-day becomes minimal) but it's really inspiring to see someone live it out when they are given the choice.
Finally, someone that gets it. So many here talk about money as if $5M/year is enough on which to just get by and they would need $10M/ year in order to pay the mortgage and buy food...

Reaction Score
Why…it shows he was raised in an environment where money wasn’t everything. I never said he wasn’t well paid, just that chasing every dollar is not the be all.
100%. I just think this narrative that it’s anything similar to the decision Dan is making now is hilarious. He’s choosing to make 8-9 million a year at a blue blood instead of 12 at a slightly worse job. Those extra couple of millions doesn’t change anything about his day to day life. But moving to Kentucky and having to please THAT fan base and THAT community when he’s damn near the king of CT is a fools adventure. The decision wasn’t hard

Reaction Score
He was joking around. Of course his wife has influence but Dan isn't stupid, he knows this is the best place for him for a bunch of different reasons namely basketball. He was never interested in the job.
I mean, who’s to say he himself was never interested. We do know that he did say what he said in regards to Andrea.

Reaction Score
Hello - John Wooden
I doubt the old man's returning to coaching any time soon, but God bless him if he does. Seriously though, I thought it was understood that I meant doing it today. In our time.

Dan Hurley should say something like, "There are so many reasons to stay at UConn. Throw in all the P4 rumors and UConn and I am staying, 100%." The internet would blow up.

Reaction Score
And in other news, Kentucky Alum Ashley Judd is thinking "Those idiots in the A.D. offices couldn't charm a guppy out of a fishbowl! They wouldn't let me have a crack at him..." I jest. I jest!

Reaction Score
Can we finally put an end to the ridiculous narrative peddled by some on here that the lack of P-4 football money will ruin UConn sports?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
People really shouldn't be repeating the Kentucky nonsense that it's all because of her. Those people are psychos.

It’s not Kentucky nonsense. Dan literally said she’d divorce him

That’s where it comes from. Joking or not

Reaction Score
Finally, someone that gets it. So many here talk about money as if $5M/year is enough on which to just get by and they would need $10M/ year in order to pay the mortgage and buy food...
And let’s be real…UConn is going to up the money. I’d be shocked if the new base isn’t $7-8 million per year plus incentives. And they’ll take care of his assistants too.

Reaction Score
This is gonna be unpopular but I'll say it again: can we please try to leave the people who live in Kentucky alone? I don't care what some of their fans said. We are a passionate fan base, just like them. We were on pins and needles waiting for Hurley to decide when it was between us and Pitt. We know their situation as a proud program.
It seems we've got our staff in place again. Better for us to just go about our normal business and not trash another United State and our countrymen. Trash ME instead if you want.
Go Huskies
have you seen what theyve been saying about UConn and its fanbase on their board? we werent going at URI or Pitt like that. As a wise man once said, "they started it."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wait a second, Andrew Hurley graduates this year, right?! If they really want a Hurley for $40M/year, I'm sure Andrew would consider!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Andrea Hurley is great but why are people making it out like he would've taken the job if not for her?

He was never leaving UConn for another college job.
She does seem to be the biggest reason he can't leave the north-east.

Reaction Score
This is gonna be unpopular but I'll say it again: can we please try to leave the people who live in Kentucky alone? I don't care what some of their fans said. We are a passionate fan base, just like them. We were on pins and needles waiting for Hurley to decide when it was between us and Pitt. We know their situation as a proud program.
It seems we've got our staff in place again. Better for us to just go about our normal business and not trash another United State and our countrymen. Trash ME instead if you want.
Go Huskies
Amen. Each state and people has its positives and negatives.

Reaction Score
. The decision wasn’t hard

For him because of who he is, I agree. But you see all the time in big time sports guys who are much richer than Dan making their decisions strictly based on the money. We have a special coach.

Reaction Score
It’s not Kentucky nonsense. Dan literally said she’d divorce him

That’s where it comes from. Joking or not
Right but it's clearly said in jest and now Kentucky fans are twisting it to say from pretty vile stuff. I just think it's better for fans to leave her out of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom