Official Game Thread- Tame The Herd 12/26 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Official Game Thread- Tame The Herd 12/26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Terrible clock mgmt by Marshall there. 50 yard line with 3 minutes and they basically run out of time. Lucky for UConn.

Reaction Score
The poor tackling is embarrassing. The defense shouldn't be looking this mismatched.

Reaction Score
In our conference we need a better pass rush, I hope Diaco can get people who can do this going forward

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah, everybody in the stadium and at home were probably yelling "Birdsong is going to QB draw" before that 3rd down play. And yet 2 guys still miss the tackle. But hey, we've got our DBs lining up 20 yards downfield playing Cincinnati esque soft zone coverage.

F.

Reaction Score
If the D is going to sit back 5 yards and give them all the short stuff they sure as hell better start tackling and stop allowing the short passes to be 8 yards every time. Watching the defense was extremely frustrating this half. Hate the scheme and the tackling.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The FG attempt is entirely made possible by blown tackling.

Hate to say it but Marshall's playerswants this game more than UConn players right now.

Little to no drive at the LOS on 3rd downs from the D line. Tough.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The name of the game in the conference realignment era is to build a brand and a fanbase. That means making people want to watch/attend the games. There are two ways to accomplish that:

1) Play an exciting style of football
2) Be a consistent winner

Obviously, Diaco has no interest in #1. Will we be able to do enough of #2 with an offense right out of the 1950's?

Maybe this is what HCBD feels is the best he can do with the talent he has. Let's face it, he has a decent defense, but there's not a ton to work with on the O side other than Shireffs. Sorry, but even Newsome hasn't shown he can deliver even satisfactory results when opponents key on him. HCBD still needs another year or two of recruiting.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm ready to lose my sheet over the soft zones. I'm willing to feel the wrath of whaler and BL.

You and me both. I hated it when they played in the Cinci game and I'm hating it more now. For as ugly of a game this has been, we still can win it. But playing these soft friggin' zones does nothing - especially when we can't wrap up

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
I'm ready to lose my sheet over the soft zones. I'm willing to feel the wrath of whaler and BL.

Letting the receivers run routes without disruption just lets the true freshman qb get into a rhythm. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
People think our defense is the strength of the team only because the offense is so bad.
Look at the rankings, this defense is objectively pretty good. They have too many stretches like this though, where they play soft and don't tackle. Happened against USF and BYU as well.

Reaction Score
Maybe this is what HCBD feels is the best he can do with the talent he has. Let's face it, he has a decent defense, but there's not a ton to work with on the O side other than Shireffs. Sorry, but even Newsome hasn't shown he can deliver even satisfactory results when opponents key on him. HCBD still needs another year or two of recruiting.
Until the offense at least tries to loosen the defense by passing. They will just load up against the run. That's the coaches fault.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tbey have given up 13 and the only TD was on a short field. How is the defensive scheme an issue. It's the offense that can't join the 20th century nevermind the 21st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom