Official Cook the Cougars Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Official Cook the Cougars Game Thread

Reaction Score
One more observation: Houston turned the ball over 5 times...5 times! Remember the '90 team that had Chris Smith pressuring the ball and Nadove stepping into the passing lanes to steal passes? What has happened to our pressure defense over the years? As bad as Houston shot the ball - 34% - they still had 11 more FG attempts because of the offensive rebounding and lack of turnovers.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Not at all. I have far fewer temper tantrums than you do, so it's on the whole quite pleasant.

Stairmaster, have you been absent from the football board? Feel like I havent heard from you in forever

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Stairmaster, have you been absent from the football board? Feel like I havent heard from you in forever

Thanks for the shout. Things have been busy in general, and once NSD is over I'm not really thinking about football that much. There can only be so many threads breaking apart J.B. Grimes quotes sentence by sentence...

Reaction Score
Calhoun would have NEVER stood by an NIT appearance, that would be way beneath him . . .

Sorry but you are wrong. I don't remember the year but they did go to the NIT. Calhoun chastised Rip Hamilton who did not want to go as he thought it was beneath UConn.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
An NIT invite and an opportunity to play extra games in a tournament environment is good for our young players. I was on campus for the 1988 Ohio State win and it was euphoric and the beginning of all of this. Without it I don't think we would be able to complain all these years later that our team wasn't any good. By the way, you can see from my avatar I also won the intramural championship in 1988 so I know stuff.
I think that avatar is worth two Helms trophies.

H

huskymagic

Sorry but you are wrong. I don't remember the year but they did go to the NIT. Calhoun chastised Rip Hamilton who did not want to go as he thought it was beneath UConn.

Bro he is being sarcastic poking fun at BUCONN10 saying he doesn't want to play in the NIT. Of course Calhoun didnt have to worry about the NIT much now did he not like Ollie does.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He was being facetious dear one.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Bro he is being sarcastic poking fun at BUCONN10 saying he doesn't want to play in the NIT. Of course Calhoun didnt have to worry about the NIT much now did he not like Ollie does.
I hate it when I think like you.;)

Reaction Score
Sorry but I strongly disagree, if you want to see a no look pass under the basket go out of bounds throw it to Brimah.
You mean the one Facey threw at his shins yesterday? That is on Facey not AB.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You mean the one Facey threw at his shins yesterday? That is on Facey not AB.
There were definitely bad passes to AB in this game. But that doesn't negate the point that he is not great at at anticipating or catching passes other than when they are over his head. It's amazing when I watch a player like Napheesa Collier in the women's game who is the complete opposite of Amida. Just throw the ball one hundred feet within her area and she hauls it in and moves quickly for a shot.

Amida is a limited player which has been obvious from day 1. We all hoped he could develop other skills but sometimes it's impossible to help a blind person get through an obstacle course.

Reaction Score
There were definitely bad passes to AB in this game. But that doesn't negate the point that he is not great at at anticipating or catching passes other than when they are over his head. It's amazing when I watch a player like Napheesa Collier in the women's game who is the complete opposite of Amida. Just throw the ball one hundred feet within her area and she hauls it in and moves quickly for a shot.

Amida is a limited player which has been obvious from day 1. We all hoped he could develop other skills but sometimes it's impossible to help a blind person get through an obstacle course.
There is a big difference between being 6'1 and 7'1, if AB was as coordinated as 6'1 basketball player he would be the #1 overall pick in the draft. Somethings can be taught, coordination is generally not one of them. AB is what he is, a decent player, nothing special, with obvious limitations and obvious strengths (a handful of posters will claim he has no strengths).

I do not get the constant bashing of the kid, his limitations should not surprise people at this point. He is also not #1 factor in why we lost yesterday or why we are 14-13.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
There is a big difference between being 6'1 and 7'1, if AB was as coordinated as 6'1 basketball player he would be the #1 overall pick in the draft. Somethings can be taught, coordination is generally not one of them. AB is what he is, a decent player, nothing special, with obvious limitations and obvious strengths (a handful of posters will claim he has no strengths).

I do not get the constant bashing of the kid, his limitations should not surprise people at this point. He is also not #1 factor in why we lost yesterday or why we are 14-13.
Did you think I said anything differently? Was my analogy of blindness taken by you to be something other than an OTT statement which basically echoed your statement about coordination? Do you think I'm bashing Amida?

If you are only echoing my post than it means we're in total agreement. But if you thought my hyperbole was bashing, please know I respect Amida, don't agree with posters who had expectations about him and are angry at a player who was unlikely to meet those expectations (therefore the problem is with them and not him). Nor to I think that he is without positives even as he is not a complete player.

Since I have to run I took the time to write without waiting for an answer.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I would play in the freaking CBI or CIT if they let us. This team needs all the practice time and season on the line situations they can get. I don't care who it is against it has to be a positive for us to get experience playing in a win or go home situation. And by the way theres actually a good chance UConn would win if we were in one of those tournaments.

H

huskymagic

I would play in the freaking CBI or CIT if they let us. This team needs all the practice time and season on the line situations they can get. I don't care who it is against it has to be a positive for us to get experience playing in a win or go home situation. And by the way theres actually a good chance UConn would win if we were in one of those tournaments.

This is a picture I never want to see associated with UCONN.
e24fd710-7f8c-4c22-baa6-8c9c0fe01fb3.jpg

Reaction Score

Yes he is the #1 factor why we lost last night. Ollie should have benched him and put Enoch in as soon as that 10 pt halftime lead became a 5 pt lead in like 2 min. Why Ollie stayed with him is beyond me. That kid Meyer ate his lunch the entire 2nd half. We could have pulled that game out despite the cold shooting for most of the 2nd half, but didn't. That's what hurts the most.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom