Official Cook the Cougars Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Official Cook the Cougars Game Thread

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Didn't think the refs took over the game at all. We didn't compete in the second half, Houston made us look like we were playing in quicksand. I thought the refs were fine.
what have you been drinking? Im not saying the refs cost UConn the game but they were anything but fine

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't think we have a prayer of getting into the dance now, those early season losses are looming large.
when did you wake up?
we've been saying since December the only chance UConn has is to win the AAC tournament

Reaction Score
I don't think we have a prayer of getting into the dance now, those early season losses are looming large.
Our only chance is winning the AAC tourny and expecting that to happen is asking to much with this group.

Reaction Score
Pathetic 2nd half, but these 3 day turnarounds of back to back road games 1,500 miles apart can't be helping either...

It ain't getting any easier too. No we get SMU on three days and they are on 7 days rest.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm surprise the game was as close as it was when really no one played well for UConn

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Of course you would be against free games in a tournament setting when all our most important players are freshmen and sophomores. Of course.

Calhoun would have NEVER stood by an NIT appearance, that would be way beneath him . . .

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Of course you would be against free games in a tournament setting when all our most important players are freshmen and sophomores. Of course.
Oh wow you are such a thoughtful person!

If you think one extra game is going to conceivably change anything besides the standards of this program you are mistaken.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Calhoun would have NEVER stood by an NIT appearance, that would be way beneath him . . .
Are you talking about 1988 Calhoun or 2012 Calhoun? Answer.

Reaction Score

Our only chance is winning the AAC tourny and expecting that to happen is asking to much with this group.
Possible, but Brimah has to sit. That kid Meyer ate his lunch tonight at both ends. Our best starting line up is Facey, Enoch, Adams, Purvis, and Vital or Jackson. Brimah and Durham next. Brimah has the worst hands of any big man in UCONN history, and he's a starting Senior. I partially fault the coaching staff for that, they're not teaching. Brimah is a prime example.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
2012 Calhoun didn't have much of a problem with it a mere two years previously.
And would you say there was a difference in attitude amongst not only the team and coaching staff but also the fan base in those two NIT berths, 1988 and 2010?

Reaction Score
Not buying that this team will be any better next year. If so, it'll be marginal.
Brimah's replaceable by Enoch, who should be an improvement in all areas except blocking. But there's no big man on the bench or incoming recruit who's better than Facey. So that's a downgrade at that position. And Rodney isn't going to be easy to replace. Is Vital going to be better next year? At best a wash. Gilbert? Maybe not the same player he was after returning from multiple shoulder injuries.
Larrier is the wild card. If he returns from the knee injury the same player before the injury then they have a chance to be better.
If he doesn't then next years team will be nothing but a repeat of this years with maybe a handful more wins at best.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
And would you say there was a difference in attitude amongst not only the team and coaching staff but also the fan base in those two NIT berths, 1988 and 2010?

Yeah, 2012's was a lot more whiny and "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately." Apparently there were a group of Boneyard posters driving a "fire Calhoun" bandwagon those last few years.

Reaction Score
Possible, but Brimah has to sit. That kid Meyer ate his lunch tonight at both ends. Our best starting line up is Facey, Enoch, Adams, Purvis, and Vital or Jackson. Brimah and Durham next. Brimah has the worst hands of any big man in UCONN history, and he's a starting Senior.
Most big men have trouble catching the ball below their waist, so most guards know not to throw it at their knees, we haven't learned that yet for some reason. AB doesn't have great hands but a lot of the passes are not doing him any favors

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Yeah, 2012's was a lot more whiny and "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately." Apparently there were a group of Boneyard posters driving a "fire Calhoun" bandwagon those last few years.
Is it hard?

Reaction Score
Oh wow you are such a thoughtful person!

If you think one extra game is going to conceivably change anything besides the standards of this program you are mistaken.
Well the NIT has changed things multiple times for our program, including setting the stage for our first championship when RIP figured out he was a great player as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Enoch deserved to play more minutes in the second half. He gives us alot more muscle inside and maybe he could have helped prevent Houston's dominance on the offensive boards in the second half when we had a chance to get back into the game only to allow the Cougars to take a minute and a half off the clock by getting TWO offensive rebounds on the same set.

For those Brimah apologists, you can't give him a pass on his UConn career for that one offensive rebound against St. Joe's 3 years ago. Give him props for that and a handful of big block games, but overall it's been a pretty disappointing career.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's pretty damn annoying if you ask me.
No, I meant is it hard being the greatest UConn basketball fan in the history of humanity?

Reaction Score
Most big men have trouble catching the ball below their waist, so most guards know not to throw it at their knees, we haven't learned that yet for some reason. AB doesn't have great hands but a lot of the passes are not doing him any favors
Sorry but I strongly disagree, if you want to see a no look pass under the basket go out of bounds throw it to Brimah.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
No, I meant is it hard being the greatest UConn basketball fan in the history of humanity?

Not at all. I have far fewer temper tantrums than you do, so it's on the whole quite pleasant.

Reaction Score
An NIT invite and an opportunity to play extra games in a tournament environment is good for our young players. I was on campus for the 1988 Ohio State win and it was euphoric and the beginning of all of this. Without it I don't think we would be able to complain all these years later that our team wasn't any good. By the way, you can see from my avatar I also won the intramural championship in 1988 so I know stuff.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Not at all. I have far fewer temper tantrums than you do, so it's on the whole quite pleasant.
LMAO!!!

Can't make 3 posts in a game thread now without it being a temper tantrum. Classic Stairmaster late game thread damage control.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom