Official box UConn-South Carolina | The Boneyard

Official box UConn-South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You'll notice that once again the foul shots between these 2 teams is out of wack, last years finals it was SC getting 22 more foul shots, today it was Sc getting 11 more!
You can't beat a team getting that many more foul shots!
But then every game in last year's NCAA tournament SC got more foul shot then their opponent!

Reaction Score
I didn't watch to the final. But how can Cardoso have 6 fouls?

Reactions: Kat

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You'll notice that once again the foul shots between these 2 teams is out of wack, last years finals it was SC getting 22 more foul shots, today it was Sc getting 11 more!
But then every game in last year's NCAA tournament SC got more foul shot then their opponent!
UConn was fouling at the end of the game

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The difference was turnovers and rebounds as it was the previous two meetings.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I would like to see a statistic in the Box Score for how many fouls a player drew. I'm sure both Boston and Cardoso drew a lot of fouls.

Reaction Score
She argued the 5th personal foul and got a technical. I guess that’s 6.
She got T for slamming ball after her 5 th foul
Then we should get 2 FTs for personal fouls and 2 FTs for technical fouls.
But I don't see those.

Screenshot (29).png

Reaction Score
I would say that's because we were fouling the last minute or two of the game to get possession of the ball. So if you take the last 2 minutes out, then it would probably be pretty even.

Reaction Score
UConn committed 7 fouls in the last minute and 45 seconds SC made 8-10 down the stretch

Reaction Score
What I do not understand is the fouls. I swear to God when I was watching the game that Cardosa had 4 fouls, then she picked up another and they said.... Oh that is her fourth. Same with Amehere.... I swear that girl had like 6 or 7 fouls today....

Reaction Score
Dorka did about what she is going to do against a physical team. The head scratcher to me was why he put Patterson in to guard a 6'7 inch player. I realize Geno has a limited bench but they win by 30 almost every game and none of the players on the bench are getting quality time with the first team players. SC didn't play their best today and still won. UCONN will need more size if there is a rematch.

Reaction Score
They should really give playing time in minutes and seconds rather than rounding off. According to the box score Lopez-Senechal played 40 minutes despite having fouled out.

Reaction Score
Good news: The two best players in the building were sitting on the UConn bench. AND both Lou and Aaliyah found their legs again after the apparent fatigue that grounded them both in the Providence game. What lies ahead is completely manageable, and UConn will have an excellent record when all is said and done.
Frankly, the box score looks exactly as it should in the best case scenario: the top scorers for the Huskies were where you'd hope they'd be (at the top). The decisive differences were the quality of SC's defense and the improvement of Cardoso.
Prepare to relax.

Reaction Score
Notice the minutes. For all of South Carolinas vaunted depth they essentially played an 8 man rotation tonight.

Reaction Score
Dorka did about what she is going to do against a physical team. The head scratcher to me was why he put Patterson in to guard a 6'7 inch player. I realize Geno has a limited bench but they win by 30 almost every game and none of the players on the bench are getting quality time with the first team players. SC didn't play their best today and still won. UCONN will need more size if there is a rematch.
SC is stacked with bigs again next year.It’s obvious Amari isn’t the answer. Geno doesn’t even trust her to give up fouls. SC just kept throwing one big against us after another. Patterson isn’t the answer either even though highly rated and recruited, her development is way behind. Six foot 2 or 3 just doesn’t cut it against the premier teams.
Geno needs to recruit bigger and better bigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom