Official box UConn-South Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official box UConn-South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Notice the minutes. For all of South Carolinas vaunted depth they essentially played an 8 man rotation tonight.
Really only 6, just like UConn. Victaria Saxton had 10 minutes, while Kierra Fletcher and Bree Hall played 4 minutes each -- a total of 18. Their six main players (Boston / Cooke / Beal / Cardoso / Johnson / Amihere) played all the remaining minutes.

So Ayanna Patterson got 14 minutes off UConn's bench, and 3 minor contributors played 18 minutes for the Gamecocks. It was basically 6-on-6 for most of the game.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I counted 5 arm bars and double hand grabs in the 2nd quarter by Grabby Cooke. I thought it was bad while watching the game at xl. Rewatching it was horrible. What the hell happened to freedom of movement and the Point of Emphasis.

And it became worse as the game progessed. Obviously, holding was part of Dawn's game planning, but once they saw they could do whatever they wanted to without consequence, they became more aggressive

Reaction Score
I think there are 2 interesting points in the box score. SC had 60% of their rebounds as offensive rebounds, which I don’t often see.

That along with Cardoso’s 6 fouls. I wonder if anyone has ever had more than 6 fouls in a game? Hmm….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom