Official box score | The Boneyard

Official box score

Reaction Score
Uconn was, the differential was in offensive rebounds, 13-7, yet Uconn had more 2nd chance points, 9-6.

Reaction Score
I had to miss the game but did follow it on the cell, keeping an eye on the box score. We did win - that was good. The stats were hardly overwhelming although mostly better than Craighton. Take the win, be glad CD is continuing to play well.

But...EW 0 for 1. Really? For the life of me I can't think of a reason how she managed to take one lousy shot. Maybe those who watched can conjure up a reasonable explanation. Until then I just think it is totally unacceptable.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
But...EW 0 for 1. Really? For the life of me I can't think of a reason how she managed to take one lousy shot. Maybe those who watched can conjure up a reasonable explanation. Until then I just think it is totally unacceptable.

Yes, that caught my attention during the 2nd half. However, what really caught my eye was the 6 turnovers (out of the 16 total).

What I like about Caroline Ducharme is she seems to get to the right spots -- ones that she can score on and ones where she might be (somewhat) open -- and then takes care of it. Subtle talent, which wins a bunch of games.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Caroline is 6'2 can handle the ball, plays with intensity, can shoot from deep and can drive and penetrate and thats only her offense. She can do it all and when Paige and Azzi get back well we're gonna be really really good.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If you play 33 minutes and take one shot it means you don’t want to shoot or maybe don’t even want to be there. The question is …why?
That is quite a leap. I attended the game, and I saw Evina pass up several 3-point shots where she was at least momentarily open. I also noticed that she was not hitting 3-point shots in the pregame warmup, and was visibly annoyed by that.

She was enthusiastically engaged in every other aspect of the game, e.g., rebounding, steals, and defense. Even her turnovers (other than those for traveling) were the result of overambitious passes on fast breaks. She did have one brain freeze when she failed to guard Morgan Maly after a 3-point attempt and allowed her to get the offensive rebound, but that was the only instance of "spacing out" that I saw.

I don't think there is any attitude or motivation problem other than a lack of shooting confidence. And it certainly is possible that she is one of the recent COVID cases, and may be a bit fatigued because of that.

I also think that PG is absolutely not her natural position -- she should be off the ball. That alone will reduce her turnovers by a lot. The biggest benefit of Nika's full return is that Evina should not have to play PG for very much longer.

Reaction Score
Uconn was, the differential was in offensive rebounds, 13-7, yet Uconn had more 2nd chance points, 9-6.
Many of those offensive rebounds were from 3 point attempts that bounced 15 feet off of the rim. You would think such a rebound would be a 50/50 ball, but UConn has been getting the short end of the stick all year. How do you fix that?

Reaction Score
Many of those offensive rebounds were from 3 point attempts that bounced 15 feet off of the rim. You would think such a rebound would be a 50/50 ball, but UConn has been getting the short end of the stick all year. How do you fix that?
Our guards need to be more involved by blocking out the 3 point shooter and looking for long rebounds. That hasn't happened much!
We also need to handle the ball cleanly, not fumble nearly as much as we do. Our bigs need to work on this as well. Williams has had great success in leading fast breaks but without a QB that can snag with the outlet pass it doesn't happen much in recent games. We want to dribble the ball up and set up a struggling half court offense. Some of this may be by design to slow the game down but in reality it hasn't worked too well. This has also led to many turnovers in the half-court offense. The sub point guard settles, picks up her dribble attempting to start the offense with a pass into our high post. She needs to start the offense more by penetrating. We are far too predictable IMO. The men's team also has this problem.

Reaction Score
Box out and hustle

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom