Official Bounce the Buffs Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Official Bounce the Buffs Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel good- no wait, I feel bad. I'm shaking.

I'm happy, but I can't type.

Survive and advance? Check

Reaction Score
Brimah useless at offensive end - never a rebound and can't make anything but a dunk. Hamilton overrated and a poor shooter. Purvis . . . paging Mr. Rodney Purvis. Facey, Cassel, Nolan . . . seriously NCAA tourney caliber? Adams? More Tate George than Shabazz Napier or Ryan Boatright or Kemba Walker.

Ahhh . . . that halftime pep talk works every time. Madingly, consistent and at times I explicitly unintelligent in their play.

Reaction Score
Boy they're press messed with us, mostly Gibbs but still. We are going to have to rebound and stay out of foul trouble against Kansas. Play the defense we played most of the second half and we will be in the game, that's all we can ask

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You have to adjust to how the refs are calling the game. Miller has never shown that ability.

Miller didn't touch Scott. Apart from walking off the court, what adjustment is Miller supposed to do to not get called for being in the general vicinity?

I totally agree with you that Miller uses his hands too much and has never managed to improve on that. I'm just saying, at least twice today, he literally did not touch a defensive player who got a foul call.

Reaction Score
Boy they're press messed with us, mostly Gibbs but still. We are going to have to rebound and stay out of foul trouble against Kansas. Play the defense we played most of the second half and we will be in the game, that's all we can ask

No, not "mostly Gibbs." When you catch the pass 84 feet from the other team's hoop and you're one second away from a ten second call your options are limited. He also came up with the steal that salted it away.

Reaction Score
Miller had 4 touch fouls. It's been the same calls on him all year, yet he acts shocked. He plays D with his hands and it's too late to change now. They must constantly tell him to keep his hands up. We need him on the floor against Kansas, should they win today.

Reaction Score
We were well organized with the press break coming out of those late timeouts. Good job by staff in that respect. Would have liked to see us better organized before that, but we patched up the holes in the boat in time.

Yeah, the last couple of possessions were really outstanding, just perfect.

Reaction Score
Give me Miller/Purvis over their PG. Who, again, stinks.

Call me crazy, but watching the first half I came away feeling like that team isn't very good. They may very well win, and they may very well be the better team today. But they aren't impressive. Part of basketball is not fouling. If we can not foul and hit FTs, I think we got this game.
Called it.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Why did Brimah not play down the stretch? I mean on defense at least.

Reaction Score
Good job by UCONN making adjustments to the press. Gibbs Clutch with FT!! Outstanding!

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Miller needs his hands UP tomorrow or Perry Ellis will live at the free throw line.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
#NeverForget

Steph...I mean Sam with The Shot
Cdxj8zIUMAAi4c6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors