Official Bearcats Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Official Bearcats Game Thread

Reaction Score
It is not that he is terrible, it is just that he is not developed. He, and the rest of the UConn players don't seem to have the physical strength and development of the other teams. KO needs to recruit muscle. It's nice to have a Ferrari, but you also need a couple Mack Trucks, which UConn has been lacking for a few years. It always looks like the other teams have men and UConn has boys.

Reaction Score
We are still shooting 28% from the field, 13% from three. Can't do that and expect to be in the game. Have to find another scorer right now. Rodney has half of our points so far...
Got to go to 3 and live or die on it .., again

H

huskymagic

I laugh at the people here who think Brimah is the problem with this team. Brimah is the best player we got and the only guy that Cinci has to worry about. He also has shut down Washington this game. Jalen Adams with another terrible game, he needs to play much better. I don't want to hear about his ankle. Hes playing with zero fire, hustle, determination.

PS: Feed Amida

Reaction Score
I laugh at the people here who think Brimah is the problem with this team. Brimah is the best player we got and the only guy that Cinci has to worry about. He also has shut down Washington this game. Jalen Adams with another terrible game, he needs to play much better. I don't want to hear about his ankle. Hes playing with zero fire, hustle, determination.

The time to establish an inside game left the building 10 minutes ago

Reaction Score
It is not that he is terrible, it is just that he is not developed. He, and the rest of the UConn players don't seem to have the physical strength and development of the other teams. KO needs to recruit muscle. It's nice to have a Ferrari, but you also need a couple Mack Trucks, which UConn has been lacking for a few years. It always looks like the other teams have men and UConn has boys.
But at least they have no bball IQ, don't run any offense and can't shoot.

Reaction Score

What makes you think Brimah is the best player offensively? He has little to no post moves. No denying his impact on the defensive end, but not sure if we should be consistently 'feeding' him.

Reaction Score
The margin for error with this team is so slim. So many things have to go right for us to have a chance to win a game against above average opponents.

Reaction Score
Huh?

Brimah has been awful, the couple of baskets don't make up for the awful defense and rebounding

Reaction Score
Can't even protect our house in Storrs...disgraceful. We just keep sinking lower.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Brimah's not the best player. He's tall and can block shots & grab rebounds. That's his game.

I like Brimah's heart. But I just wish someone would tell him that he is really a 7-footer. You don't need to pump fake on offense and you don't need to fall for a pump fake on defense. Go up when you need to...

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Brimah's not the best player. He's tall and can block shots & grab rebounds. That's his game.
He can't grab rebounds. He doesn't have the strength and trips half the time he jumps.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
We are still shooting 28% from the field, 13% from three. Can't do that and expect to be in the game. Have to find another scorer right now. Rodney has half of our points so far...
I've been saying all year, our guys miss open shots so often it's remarkable. When they finally do run good offense, or set up a good post move, it's still anyone's guess whether the shot goes in. Adams is the only one I feel more comfortable thinking as the shot goes up that it's in. We are getting open looks, we just can't make them.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
This team is aweful, one more year, Benedict has to be thinking basketball can't suck too.. I'm watching and will make a move UCONN family or not

Reaction Score
Benedict and Calhoun need to have a serious sit-down with Ollie this offseason. Talk about changes to the staff, new strength and training program, put everything on the table. This is totally unacceptable and is hurting the hell out of the program. If we don't see major improvements in player development and a huge bounce back season it's time to get serious about looking around.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Ollie is still forcing the inside game.. what friggin clown

What's the other answer?

Brimah is our second scorer with 9 points right now and nobody else had more than 4. We are shooting 13% from three. No other choice but to bang inside and hope Facey wakes up...

H

huskymagic

Huh?

Brimah has been awful, the couple of baskets don't make up for the awful defense and rebounding

Yes Brimah is the best player we have this year. Why do you think the game plan is to feed him the ball? Because he is the only one who has a chance to do something good with it. You see what this perimeter crew is doing out there(NADA). What's Facey doing out there(NADA). I feel bad for Amida having to put up with this type of senior season. Wait until next year how bad the defense will look compared to this year.

PS: Jalen Adams with another no show looking slow, lethargic, careless, etc out there. You can't have your 5 star point guard playing like this. This team and its players are soft and it shows. I won't even go into coaching.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Facey grabs his first two from the line. Hopefully the start of something more...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom