Offense against Georgetown | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Offense against Georgetown

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Georgetown style is exactly the style we’re best at .
They like to crash the boards giving us easy 2‘s if they don’t get the put back.
Trust me not everyone will play this way.
Because we rebound and run so well many teams will see what we can do if they all fall back on a missed shot making us beat them in a half court game.
That’s were outside shooting especially threes is huge .
Since they’re slowing the game down they need stops or it will quickly be game over. a 10-15 point lead in a half court game is difficult to overcome.
Butler in game 1 tried to slow us down by holding the ball on offense and falling back on D and it failed miserably. But I agree that’s your best chance. Teams like Nova are a particularly bad matchup for us because they have the coaching, talent and do the things you need to do to beat us. Work it inside->out, shoot the 3 well, run good sets in the half court, get back on D.

Reaction Score
Sanogo has been great at passing the ball out of the post since he returned from injury. That's got to be a big part of why the offense has looked so good lately.

He’s not great at it yet only because they aren’t always strong, crisp passes but you are right he’s been looking more and getting the ball out in a timely manner more often.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He’s not great at it yet only because they aren’t always strong, crisp passes but you are right he’s been looking more and getting the ball out in a timely manner more often.

When I said great, I meant more that he's great at making the correct decision to pass out when he's doubled. He can stand to improve the actual passes, but considering where he was in the beginning of the year he's already made huge strides and the whole offense has opened up because of it.

Reaction Score
I know we have some hurley offense naysayers, but it looks like we are at 80.6 ppg which is good for 17th in the country and I believe 19th kenpom in AdjO

Reaction Score
I know we have some hurley offense naysayers, but it looks like we are at 80.6 ppg which is good for 17th in the country and I believe 19th kenpom in AdjO
In before the naysayers claim we're only ranked high on offense because of OT games. Also #1 in the BE

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom