Off Topic Thread Overdose | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Off Topic Thread Overdose

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with the music threads. In fact, I found them rather enjoyable. But then we were inundated with them. There were so many up at the same time it took the fun out of it. One or maybe two a day is fun and interesting. Several posted in the same hour just seemed crazy to me. There are examples where one person posted different music threads within the same hour. It was just too much. So I stopped playing. I posted a foolish thread to make a point and now I stand on the sidelines. I choose not to play, but others may certainly do whatever they want. The most unfortunate part of this is that doled out with some restraint, these could have been entertaining all summer.

Wire chief does a great job with timing his quizzes.

Reaction Score
Nah. If we have songs about drinking and drunkenness, why not overdoses?
Ignoring the ease of self murder---isn't drunkenness the same or similar to OD'ing---albeit--it takes a lot more booze---but how am I supposed to know????? Hmmmm!

Reaction Score
A humble plea:

I might be the only one, but these "OT" threads are really becoming a bit much. I like this page because I'm a UConn fan and like following and talking women's basketball. I know it's a slow time of year, but I'm now sifting through people's favorite folk songs, movie themes, and trivia tests. There are other areas of the Boneyard to post OT threads and really wish people made use of those to talk about things that have absolutely nothing to do with hoops.
-GKD
No spitting match here GK Deli. Not sure of your bio but having been here for only a little over two years you may not realize there is a big need for a diversion. ;)
The UConn women are on a one game losing streak and the fan base has months to see if it will end! :D There is no easy medicine for this, music can sooth the soul or make one cry like a baby.
I get your point but on this forum you have to also understand everyone else. That in itself may never be achieved. Enjoy it for what it is. Your OT thread will change nothing. Bring on the latest basketball info you have and be part of the solution. Unless you have better, simply enjoy what is on the table..... :)

Reaction Score
But then why start one?????:):):):)

I actually enjoy them.... works over the memory...
Evidently my memory is already overworked. I never seem to do well with the trivia. I'm liking the songs though. No thought required!

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
A humble plea:

I might be the only one, but these "OT" threads are really becoming a bit much. I like this page because I'm a UConn fan and like following and talking women's basketball. I know it's a slow time of year, but I'm now sifting through people's favorite folk songs, movie themes, and trivia tests. There are other areas of the Boneyard to post OT threads and really wish people made use of those to talk about things that have absolutely nothing to do with hoops.
-GKD

Gilad, I actually agree with your post. But this is a forum full of (not all) old geezers who probably have their thrill of the day at this site. I could never take that away from the though. Everybody just make sure you have your nitroglycerine close at hand as you read.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom