Off Topic Thread Overdose | The Boneyard

Off Topic Thread Overdose

Reaction Score
A humble plea:

I might be the only one, but these "OT" threads are really becoming a bit much. I like this page because I'm a UConn fan and like following and talking women's basketball. I know it's a slow time of year, but I'm now sifting through people's favorite folk songs, movie themes, and trivia tests. There are other areas of the Boneyard to post OT threads and really wish people made use of those to talk about things that have absolutely nothing to do with hoops.
-GKD

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A humble response to the humble plea:

Is it too difficult to simply refrain from clicking on thread titles that don't interest you, "OT" or otherwise? Unless you're one of the moderators (I'm guessing they are supposed to monitor all postings), you have the power to choose what you sift through.

Reaction Score
There are whole sections on BY for off topic threads and suggest they be posted there. We have actual UConn basketball discussions being pushed down on the page or moved to subsequent pages because people are chiming in about their favorite folk music ??

Reaction Score
There are whole sections on BY for off topic threads and suggest they be posted there. We have actual UConn basketball discussions being pushed down on the page or moved to subsequent pages because people are chiming in about their favorite folk music ??
You get an email notice of all new threads don't you? Regardless of how far down on the page it is, right?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Eh, there ain't a whole lot of discussion going on about UCONN basketball right now. It's the off season, not a whole lot to do right now. The OT threads at least give us something to talk about.

How many "On-topic" threads have you started?

By the way you should have labeled this thread as "OT". :cool:

Plebe

Reaction Score

Perhaps you would do well to acquaint yourself with the "Ignore Thread" feature. You can, with just a couple of clicks, block a thread from appearing on your forum page.

Reaction Score
Perhaps you would do well to acquaint yourself with the "Ignore Thread" feature. You can, with just a couple of clicks, block a thread from appearing on your forum page.

Yes, but would it not also be possible for those folks who want to post on topics other than basketball, to acquaint themselves with posting in the Off Topic sections in the BoneYard? Otherwise, where does it end? Favorite colors? Best baby names?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yes, but would it not also be possible for those folks who want to post on topics other than basketball, to acquaint themselves with posting in the Off Topic sections in the BoneYard? Otherwise, where does it end? Favorite colors? Best baby names?
Yes, if we don't put a stop to this now it will surely end in mass chaos and murder. Baby names and colors have been known to wreak all sorts of havoc.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
A humble plea:

I might be the only one, but these "OT" threads are really becoming a bit much. I like this page because I'm a UConn fan and like following and talking women's basketball. I know it's a slow time of year, but I'm now sifting through people's favorite folk songs, movie themes, and trivia tests. There are other areas of the Boneyard to post OT threads and really wish people made use of those to talk about things that have absolutely nothing to do with hoops.
-GKD

Click "ignore thread." Problem solved.

Reaction Score
Just a quick look at page 1 of this forum, right now even with all the objectionable posts,it still goes back to last Saturday....How much farther back , even if you took out the 12 or so music threads,will it give you,maybe 1/2 a day??? Maybe visit a little more often than every 4 days....to keep up...

Reaction Score
A humble plea:

-GKD

I too am not fan of those of which you write! The choice is a simple one--view those that appeal to you--and ignore those that done--it is not a requirement on the BY to view those you don't care about.
It is like those that complain they don't like answering your postings---again the choice is simple ignore that posting. No responses are required!!
But once you post something you don't have the choice to say ---I don't want ASLLKJL## answering my positing---that is just plain ignorant.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I will say that one of the things that keeps the BY entertaining is its diversity.

Love Wirechief's quizzes, although I often draw blanks. The music threads, I have no problem with them, but admit to only looking at a couple. I don't have the time to listen to the linked music (or perceive that I don't), so that sort of takes the thrill away. But I have absolutely no problem with folks posting them in the off-season.

Reaction Score
I guess a thread of Songs about Overdoses would be in bad taste :oops:

...or a thread about songs about thread? ;)

It has gotten kinda crazy at times this year. I've tried to limit my responses to one(ish) per thread, while acknowledging particularly apropos contributions or some personal favs.

Everyone participates or not depending on their bent. :)

Reaction Score
The Needle and the Damage Done - Neil Young That Smell - Lynyrd Skynyrd Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
Mary Jane's Last Dance - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Cocaine - Eric Clapton Peter Tosh - Legalize It

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Needle and the Damage Done - Neil Young That Smell - Lynyrd Skynyrd Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
Mary Jane's Last Dance - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Cocaine - Eric Clapton Peter Tosh - Legalize It
Cocaine Blues - Johnny Cash
Snowblind - Styx
30 Days in the Hole - Humble Pie
Lit Up - Buckcherry
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Semi-Charmed Life - 3rd Eye Blind
Mother's Little Helper - The Rolling Stones

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Question: Should @GiladKatzDeli have put an OT in the thread title?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
A humble plea:

-GKD
Someone suggested "ignoring" each thread. I went into each of the OT:songs threads and hit the "ignore" button, then checked off all 3 boxes. Mercifully, NONE of them show up on my screen any longer. It takes a hot minute to ignore each one, but well worth it to keep them off my thread page! :)

Plebe

Reaction Score
I guess a thread of Songs about Overdoses would be in bad taste :oops:
Nah. If we have songs about drinking and drunkenness, why not overdoses?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom