October recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

October recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She's is 100% UCONN, expect a commitment within the next week. Oregon actually had an impressive visit and may be pushing for top 2 potentially but Strongs relationship with Geno is too big to pass up
She did seemingly recently follow Aubrey, Aaliyah, Tonya on IG. Doesn’t necessarily mean anything but can’t be a terrible sign.

Reaction Score
So the article says that 4 recruits will be on campus this weekend...Cheli, Ziebell, Strong and whom? Roberson?
Roberson is the only other one mentioned in the article, so I would assume Roberson is the fourth recruit they were talking about.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
great weather today, thank you. ought to please recruits not familiar with new england. if there is any good foliage in storrs it would be extra nice.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nice touch having Cheli and Ziebel there with Strong. She’s sure to measure the two commits and say to herself, “I want to play with these girls for four years.”
As good as Strong is, Roberson may have a greater upside. At 6’4”, she is athletic, defends the paint well, runs the court and has a really nice shooter’s touch.

Reaction Score
So the article says that 4 recruits will be on campus this weekend...Cheli, Ziebell, Strong and whom? Roberson?

Reaction Score
As good as Strong is, Roberson may have a greater upside. At 6’4”, she is athletic, defends the paint well, runs the court and has a really nice shooter’s touch.
In the YouTube video I saw, Roberson looked really smooth and the thought that came to mind was: Wow, she looks like a star in the making who could press every big on the squad for court time-- immediately.

Reaction Score
Roberson is the only other one mentioned in the article, so I would assume Roberson is the fourth recruit they were talking about.
Maybe it is only me, but my initial interpretation of this article was different. Our 2 commitments are mentioned first, then four recruits that will be making their official visit. Have Allie and Morgan not made their official visit yet? If that is the case then I agree with the speculation that Roberson is the likely 4th with Strong.

What I am hoping for is that commitments and recruits in this article were meant to refer to different people, and that maybe 4 players we are recruiting in addition to Allie and Morgan will be there, maybe a couple more than Strong and Roberson, but that is probably wishfull thinking.

Reaction Score
Maybe it is only me, but my initial interpretation of this article was different. Our 2 commitments are mentioned first, then four recruits that will be making their official visit. Have Allie and Morgan not made their official visit yet? If that is the case then I agree with the speculation that Roberson is the likely 4th with Strong.

What I am hoping for is that commitments and recruits in this article were meant to refer to different people, and that maybe 4 players we are recruiting in addition to Allie and Morgan will be there, maybe a couple more than Strong and Roberson, but that is probably wishfull thinking.
Morgan hasn't taken her official visit yet, not sure about Allie.

Reaction Score

Sorry I should have read the first night thread before this one. I see there that Morgan's is her official visit and she Allie, Sarah and Adrianna are the 4 expected.

Reaction Score

I have seen Olivia Vukosa like several Instagram posts about First Night, so I’m hopeful we could see her make an appearance as well (maybe she just wasn’t featured in the article).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have seen Olivia Vukosa like several Instagram posts about First Night, so I’m hopeful we could see her make an appearance as well (maybe she just wasn’t featured in the article).

Four great players from 2024 plus the Big O! I really like that!

Reaction Score
I thought the answer was a 6'5" center from NJ, by way of Ireland. Do we not think she will play?
I don't think we know that much about what we have yet with Gandy. She has good size and athletic ability but was not highly ranked (at least yet) and was somewhat off the radar.

That may have been because she is a diamond in the rough that needs some polishing, or because she just arrived to play in the states last year. Regardless as a Uconn recruit there will be way more eyeballs on her this year, so it will be interesting to see where she winds up in the rankings after the season and some AAU action.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The First Night video didn't pick up any of the recruits from what I saw. I'm eager to hear from the Horde and see any still photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom