October non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

October non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
If you slide over a few images on this post, it appears Mendelson is considering Texas, Florida, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, and Nebraska (not 100% sure on that one though). Could be others involved too. Hopes to make a decision before Christmas.

Reaction Score
I would think Oregon has reached their players above 6'4" limit at this point
I think Oregon is done. Surprised to see them mentioned. Graves will have a hard enough time fitting in the four coming in with the 13 already here. The only certain loss will be Dufficy. Maybe Sabally goes pro. Otherwise that’s 15 without some entering portal.

Reaction Score
I would think Oregon has reached their players above 6'4" limit at this point

Slight tangent, I noticed Arizona's Lauren Ware participated in the basketball exhibition game the other day. She originally planned to play volleyball too after freshman year IIRC but seems to be focusing on hoops.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I think Oregon is done. Surprised to see them mentioned. Graves will have a hard enough time fitting in the four coming in with the 13 already here. The only certain loss will be Dufficy. Maybe Sabally goes pro. Otherwise that’s 15 without some entering portal.
Perhaps. Could be that Oregon volleyball could sign her, and she'd bypass playing basketball her freshman season. Then in her second season, if she wanted to also play hoops, she'd move to a basketball scholarship.

Or, that poster with college logos could be schools she's considered over time, and not necessarily a selection of finalists.

Reaction Score
I think Prince will be done this year at Oregon regardless of where she lands, No personal knowledge of that though, just a wild guess. I could see her doing an overseas stint.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why is Taylor Hosendove and Ahlise Hurst listed as seniors in this years roster along with Shannon Dufficy????? Unless they have two years of actual eligibility remaining, is that the case? Maybe they don't plan on using it. I wonder what percentage will exercise that option? Probably fewer that we all think. And in this day and age I expect the transfer portal shuffle to be the norm.

Last edited:

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score

I predict that Prince will go pro after this season, with Sabally at least as likely as not. Hope I'm wrong and I think Nyara, especially, has a lot to gain by staying another year, but. . . .

Reaction Score
I think Prince will be done this year at Oregon regardless of where she lands, No personal knowledge of that though, just a wild guess. I could see her doing an overseas stint.
Prince will definitely be a 1st Rd Draft pick and have her shot in the pros before overseas.

Reaction Score
As to the current Oregon roster the above posters may be correct in guessing that Prince and Sabally may be done after this year. Dufficy is a grad transfer so also done. Hosendove still not cleared so may sit out. Hurst does have the extra year option. The portal may come into play to clear room for the stellar incoming class but no guesses who might be involved. We will see how PT, injuries, team success, chemistry play out.

Reaction Score
Prince will definitely be a 1st Rd Draft pick and have her shot in the pros before overseas.
I was once talking to a WNBA head coach and was asking him why he was considering drafting yet another "big" (6'4" and above) in the upcoming draft when they already had two. I've always remembered his response: "You can teach everything else a player needs to learn but you can't teach height"

Reaction Score
As to the current Oregon roster the above posters may be correct in guessing that Prince and Sabally may be done after this year. Dufficy is a grad transfer so also done. Hosendove still not cleared so may sit out. Hurst does have the extra year option. The portal may come into play to clear room for the stellar incoming class but no guesses who might be involved. We will see how PT, injuries, team success, chemistry play out.
I have just a hunch at this point for those two. I do know the Chloe Briggs will be visiting Oregon the weekend of the WSU football game.
Maybe Amari will get the 2023 ball rolling some more?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom