Observations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Observations

Reaction Score
I liked a lot of what I saw live. Cobb didn’t impress me, and I think he won’t start for long. Larrier was far and away the best player on the court. I’m cautiously optimistic.

Reaction Score
AG aspires to be the one and only AI. And I couldn't like him but his game spoke for itself. AG has a long way to go. Iverson was 170 soaking wet.

Larrier needs the other 25% of his basketball IQ to kick in. I was surprised he looked so good. And then ugh.

The game was far too close considering the opponent. Idc that Jalen was out.

It was not a loss. I think Polley has the most upside. Oregon could be harsh.

Where the heck did you come up with the AI bit? Strange. He is short and missed a lot of shots tonight.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Cobb is turning our 30 second time outs into slam dances

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FWIW as rough a night as CV had I liked watching him face guarding O'Brien.

Reaction Score
What I saw tonight is a team that has the potential to compete (play hard) and fight. Sure they didn't put Colgate away, but that was due to them not having Jalen so suddenly and so many new and different parts. Some pleasant surprises in Anderson and the freshman.

This team will be the team that rights the ship and steers it back to UConn port. This may not be our year but I'll be damned if we aren't on our way back up.

Coach Ollie is on to something, and now can really separate himself from Calhoun.
I think Emitt and Akinjo are very similar type of players in comparison to the current Freshmen class. I haven't seen enough of Kisunas but I am sure he also have similarities. Ollie is on to something but is the fan base and decision makers willing to be patient and give Ollie the time to see this through is the question.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think Emitt and Akinjo are very similar type of players in comparison to the current Freshmen class. I haven't seen enough of Kisunas but I am sure he also have similarities. Ollie is on to something but is the fan base and decision makers willing to be patient and give Ollie the time to see this through is the question.
I haven't seen anything of Emiit, but what stands out about Akinjo & Kisunas is that they're 1) gamers, and 2) thinkers. Both guys understand how to play the game and want to beat the hell out of the guy they're lined up across from, and both know how to do it.

I'm getting way ahead of myself, but I think both are 4-year, core players. Glue guys in a Taliek or Rod Sellers-type of way, and I'm pretty stoked for that.

Reaction Score
I disagree with the Gilbert being afraid of contact tidbit. There was a possession where somebody drove baseline (forgot who) and made the defense collapse and then kicked it out to Gilbert who was wide open from 3. Instead of taking the 3, or even taking a couple steps in and pulling up from 15, Gilbert drove and went for a contested circus shot layup while initiating contact with 2 Colgate defenders who were still hanging under the basket from the initial baseline drive.

Reaction Score
Ollie is on to something but is the fan base and decision makers willing to be patient and give Ollie the time to see this through is the question.

His strategy has been exposed.

It’s called Blaze Pizza.

Reaction Score
This is more of a random observation, but it seems that Ollie has a very short leash on Diarra.

The good news is that Cobb and Diarra absolutely kill it on the defensive glass.

Reaction Score
I liked a lot of what I saw live. Cobb didn’t impress me, and I think he won’t start for long. Larrier was far and away the best player on the court. I’m cautiously optimistic.

Not sure what you didn't like about Cobb? 8 rebounds in 16 minutes, moving people around on the block and a couple strong moves to the hoop which he just didn't quite finish on short jump hooks. He looked solid and will be an impact most nights, though the bigs will all have their minutes change game-to-game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom