Observations from first three games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Observations from first three games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One this guy is not a Uconn fan.

I have watched every st johns game so far, and Harkless sure has been impressive. However he is playing Power Forward and 6'7 PF dont get very far in the NBA. Also if you notice guess you havent, Harkless doesnt elevate on his jump shot very much either. Also here is a big one Harkless can't shoot.

Harkless is a good enough ball handler and athlete to get passed Power Forwards. And yes he is athletic. Harkless prolly a better passer than DD too.

DD needs to get stronger which will help his off the dribble game and his athleticism. To say he lacks any athleticism is idiotic. If you asked me who I would rather have is would be Daniels for this team we need perimeter help. Harkless cant play the 3.

Reaction Score
One this guy is not a Uconn fan.

I have watched every st johns game so far, and Harkless sure has been impressive. However he is playing Power Forward and 6'7 PF dont get very far in the NBA. Also if you notice guess you havent, Harkless doesnt elevate on his jump shot very much either. Also here is a big one Harkless can't shoot.

Harkless is a good enough ball handler and athlete to get passed Power Forwards. And yes he is athletic. Harkless prolly a better passer than DD too.

DD needs to get stronger which will help his off the dribble game and his athleticism. To say he lacks any athleticism is idiotic. If you asked me who I would rather have is would be Daniels for this team we need perimeter help. Harkless cant play the 3.
First off I am a UConn fan, secondly Harkless is 6'8 and has enough athleticism to play the 3 in the NBA - whereas Daniels is 6'8" and has no chance of guarding an NBA 3 (he's too slow), no chance of getting to the basket (too slow) and will have his shot blocked (cant jump). So what position do you see Daniels playing in the NBA - not many slow, non-athletic guys in the NBA that can't play D or create their own shot. He may get a little stronger - but you are not gonna see a big jump in his quickness or overall athleticism. By the way he is the same height with the same wingspan as Daniels and jumps twice as high on his jump shot then Daniels (he's a far superior athlete then Daniels). Watch the videos and you can see Harkless is a far superior athlete then Daniels - gets higher on his jumper and looks a lot smoother then Daniels (HS videos couldn't find college videos yet).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e8sLGeNn4I&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raTkoHPWg0E

Reaction Score
I am a UConn fan, I think Daniels will be fine I just would have preferred if we had Harkless (we were originally recruiting him and wanted him and only opened up to Daniels after Harkless decommited which should tell you what JC thinks). I can't have an opinion? Everyone is riding the kids dick after 3 games against no competition, are you gay for Daniels? WTF does go back to Johnny Jungle mean - stop being such a sensitive bitch. I think Boatright will be good and I think AD will become a dominant player and would have been the number 1 pick if HS kids could go straight to the NBA and just based on his physical attributes still think he will be the number 1 pick when he leaves.
This is absurd. Daniels is 3 inches taller, a better shooter, longer, and a better rebounder. In his first three games hes averaging 11 and 5. He runs the court, rebounds, blocks shots, and drains 3s and you would rather have Harkless? Get out of here. Your not a Uconn fan.

Reaction Score
I agree with that. I think DD will be a solid college player (may make it to NBA, not sure but won't be a good NBA player) and will be important to the team cause we need another person that can hit an open 3. I just don't think he's gonna be a "stud" and was trying to bring the posters back to reality that he has several flaws in his game (like any player let alone a freshman). And lastly was stating my point that I think we would be an even better team if Harkless would have come to UConn cause I think he has more potential and will be a better player then Daniels.
I agree that DD will be a solid college player, but it is really hard for me to speculate about much further than that. I don't think he is going to be a "stud" either, but he should be solid from what I've see so far anyway. It is just really complicated and hit or miss when you are trying to predict how talent will pan out in the landscape of college basketball. I don't think anyone predicted that we would get what we did out of JL last year, or that he would be in contention for POY this year, but he is. The only thing that makes me confident about getting talent that is a little raw is that we have a great coach that has been proven to develop talent. Its hard to say how good Harkless would be for us, but I am very happy (through 3 games) with DD so I'll leave it at that. I think DD has a lot of potential, as does this team.

Reaction Score
Daniels is a 3 and Harkless is a four. Harkless doesnt jump higher on his shot. Also his shot has a slower and lower release and he can't shoot!!!! he is 2-13 from 3 on the year. Daniels as he gets stronger will do fine defensively. His ball handling will improve too.

Daniels is plenty athletic and will only get more athletic as his body fills out. Harkless is already filled out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUBj_NYR5R8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2MIXHoxroc

Reaction Score
3 inches taller - they are both 6'8 and both have a 7'2 wingspan. So where you getting 3 inche's taller. You are going to tell me Harkless is a better athlete? Harkless is not shooting as well from 3 range (he's only taken 9) but he is shooting better from the field, averaging more point, more rebounds, more assists, less turnovers whereas Daniels has made more 3's, shootin better from the line, avg a lil more in blocks so you get outta here. You are really going to tell me you think Daniels has more potential than Harkless.

Reaction Score
Wrong Harkless is 2 for 13 from 3 this year. He went 3 for 15 tonight so add that in buddy. And Yes I think Daniels has more potential than Harkless. Harkless might be a better college player cause he is there longer.

He averages more pts all that cause he plays more on an average team with a bunch of freshmen not a national championship contending team.

Reaction Score
Wrong Harkless is 2 for 13 from 3 this year. He went 3 for 15 tonight so add that in buddy. And Yes I think Daniels has more potential than Harkless. Harkless might be a better college player cause he is there longer.

He averages more pts all that cause he plays more on an average team with a bunch of freshmen not a national championship contending team.
You are kidding yourself if you think Daniels goes to the NBA before Harkless. Please explain how Daniels has more potential?

Reaction Score
He is a 6'8 SF who needs to add strength. Harkless is a 6'7 pf who needs to adds skills if he wants to make the NBA. Harkless shoots a low and slow jump-shot and its not a good one.

Reaction Score
All Daniels has to do/can do/has done this year is hit open shots whereas Harkless creates for himself. He may have done it once although I don't recall Daniels creating 1 shot for himself yet this year - cause he cant.

Reaction Score
Harkless has a set shot, can't jump and never will be able to, is slow as . See attached article - its sad when they say Daniels will prob start and that Giffey is the athlete. Giffey is a better athlete then Daniels - enough said. I think Shawn Bradley was about as athletic as Daniels - they both look like they lack co-ordination (and obviously strength - look at Daniels frame, how much muscle and weight do you really think he can put on that frame maybe 5 lbs).

Reaction Score
Well I agree Harkless has a set shot, but give ur self credit hes an athlete..... The post you just wrote is one of the dumbest in Boneyard History.

You start by mixing up the names hurts ur argument. Then you say Daniels is as athletic as Shawn Bradley loss all future credibility. Daniels can add 10-15 pounds this offseason.

Reaction Score
I'm a UConn fan but at least I can be honest and spot a player that is better then a player on my team. The only people that agree with you are the other dick-rider UConn fans on this site - every analyst talks about Harkless being a BE POY and one of the best players in a year or two, they don't say that about Daniels. Plus look at the below link - I checked the 2012 mock draft and neither Daniels nore Harkless were in it but I did find Harkless in the 2013 draft (no Daniels though). My opinion is unbiased whereas your opinion is all bias.

http://beyondthearc.nbcsports.com/2011/11/07/2011-2012-big-east-preview-the-league-is-loaded-again/

Reaction Score
Read my following post dipshit - said I meant Daniels. Obviously Harkless is a far superior athlete. And according to every analyst in the country Harkless is a better player with more potential.

Reaction Score
You hear Dickie V say a good thing about a player and that qualifies as every analyst? I love Moe Harkless's game but he is playing a ton of min because they have no depth. I have heard plenty of analyst rave about Daniels. And just wait till UConn has a game on espn. I can admit a player when a player is better. This case I disagree and think your assessment of Daniels game is way off.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/10/19/rothstein-files-5-observations-from-uconn-basketball/

Reaction Score
Oh - so they agree with me that Harkless is a better player hence they have him getting drafted in 2013 and not Daniels (and Daniels is not in the 2012 draft). And look, I've said AD will be the number pick in 2012 and they agree. If you know another basketball fan thats seen both UConn and SJ play and are unbiased, ask them who they think is/will be the better player-will you wake up then and realize that your whole argument is biased?

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

Reaction Score
You hear Dickie V say a good thing about a player and that qualifies as every analyst? I love Moe Harkless's game but he is playing a ton of min because they have no depth. I have heard plenty of analyst rave about Daniels. And just wait till UConn has a game on espn. I can admit a player when a player is better. This case I disagree and think your assessment of Daniels game is way off.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/10/19/rothstein-files-5-observations-from-uconn-basketball/
I hate Dickie V so I'm not talking about him. I'm talking if you look at any analyst blog or listen to them, there is never mention of Daniels but they do mention Harkless. So we are all wrong and you know more then just about every analyst that gets paid to watch bball?
http://nbadraft.net/mock-draft-tracker-8
http://www.bigeastboards.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=288759&sid=8786726bdd7d059b33af35234d98dde9

No write up on Daniels
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeAndre-Daniels-6256/

big write up on Harkless (although this is the only site that I've seen list him at 6'6 everywhere else has him at 6'8)
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Maurice-Harkless-6526/

Reaction Score
Nice man.... Notice on Draftexpress the Harkless writeup is from 2010 at a prep showcase Harkless attending SWEEEETTT!!!!! Then take a peek at the Freshmen Rank on Draftexpress Daniels 18 Harkless 50. And give it time my friend one decent game from Daniels NBAdraft.net will be all over him.

Reaction Score
I trust my own two eyes more than analysts. I have played enough basketball and know enough basketball to form my own opinions dont need other people telling me what a player can and can't do.

Reaction Score
I really am a UConn fan and have enjoyed debating this with you. We are both so confident we are right, lets make a bet. I'm so confident Harkless is a better player and will have a better season and be considered a better player (even by year end) that I'll put a grand into escrow against your 500. It's a friendly bet, I've enjoyed debating this with you. What do you say?

Reaction Score
honestly im all for fans of any team coming on here and talking basketball I love debating with Bluedog. But when you compare Daniels to Shawn Bradley I just assume you have no knowledge of basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom