O/U: How many games this season? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

O/U: How many games this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I won't even make a prediction because I have no idea....

Hypothetically speaking, if these kids can get the vaccine by March or April (who actually knows), would it make sense to up the games and tournament in the spring? Obviously college baseball plays pretty late into the early summer so maybe why not hoops (hopefully not that late)? Essentially once they are all vaccinated they sign a waiver about the risks of playing- their decision to play or not to play and we go about our normal lives. Just a thought... I think coach K offered up a similar thought.

Reaction Score
I guess I’m Mr Optimist on this board but the “good” thing that I see is that Big East is replacing games. For example, St John’s shouldn’t really miss a beat this week because our game vs them was swapped out for another opponent. So as long as we follow protocols and avoid the virus to some extent going forward (which is a whole different discussion - we’ve had 2 stops this season and Benedict said there were other stops over the summer so something might be broken protocol-wise) we hopefully wouldn’t be too negatively impacted by our BE opponents getting hit as hopefully games will be rearranged.

Reaction Score
I won't even make a prediction because I have no idea....

Hypothetically speaking, if these kids can get the vaccine by March or April (who actually knows), would it make sense to up the games and tournament in the spring? Obviously college baseball plays pretty late into the early summer so maybe why not hoops (hopefully not that late)? Essentially once they are all vaccinated they sign a waiver about the risks of playing- their decision to play or not to play and we go about our normal lives. Just a thought... I think coach K offered up a similar thought.
No doubt college basketball players are at the top of the list. Hell, screw health care workers, first responders, seniors, teachers, regular folks at higher risk. We want to hav3 the Tournament so move them to the top of the list. Hard to believe the CDC didn’t do that. Must have made a mistake...

I know that isn’t what you are advocating but I have no doubt somebody is thinking that...

Reaction Score
No doubt college basketball players are at the top of the list. Hell, screw health care workers, first responders, seniors, teachers, regular folks at higher risk. We want to hav3 the Tournament so move them to the top of the list. Hard to believe the CDC didn’t do that. Must have made a mistake...

I know that isn’t what you are advocating but I have no doubt somebody is thinking that...
Dude I said March or April not January or February. You have some issues.

Reaction Score

Aren't health care workers the ones that dropped the ball on this? This is a medical crisis and nothing has been done to improve the situation. As usual the big ego medical profession has gotten a pass. What other profession is presented with a problem, makes no progress, then are called heroes?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Aren't health care workers the ones that dropped the ball on this? This is a medical crisis and nothing has been done to improve the situation. As usual the big ego medical profession has gotten a pass. What other profession is presented with a problem, makes no progress, then are called heroes?
Wow.

I have seen so many bad takes in the past 9 months but this is by far, without a doubt, the worst take I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom