O.T. television theme songs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

O.T. television theme songs

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Us old folks remember arguably the biggest TV Hit Theme Song, The Ballad of Davy Crockett! The Ballad of Davy Crockett" is a song with music by George Bruns and lyrics by Thomas W. Blackburn. It was introduced on ABC's television series Disneyland, in the premiere episode of October 27, 1954. Fess Parker is shown performing the song on a log cabin set in frontiersman clothes, accompanied by similarly attired musicians. Over ten million copies of the song were sold.

The Ballad of Davy Crockett

It's funny how TV theme songs can stick in the recesses of your mind. Whenever I visit Disneyland here in So Cal, and go to their "Fort Wilderness" attraction, this song always comes to mind. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
And then there's that all time "classic" theme from a classic movie. A favorite that all of us old folks know and remember.............

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One of my all time favorite movies and theme songs -

A great movie with a great song. I remember Sandra Dee and Troy Donahue are so young and adorable.

Reaction Score

Oh my! The eternally-youthful Karen Valentine. And the forever middle-aged-looking Michael Constantine. This show had a great vibe. Idealistic, to be sure. But an agreeable combination of light-heartedness and drama, featuring a very likable cast, and an effort to treat seriously some rather novel issues. And a theme song that fits perfectly. Thanks!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
And then there's that all time "classic" favorite that all of us old folks know and remember.............

Great song . I do not remember the TV series.

Reaction Score
Oh my! The eternally-youthful Karen Valentine. And the forever middle-aged-looking Michael Constantine. This show had a great vibe. Idealistic, to be sure. But an agreeable combination of light-heartedness and drama, featuring a very likable cast, and an effort to treat seriously some rather novel issues. And a theme song that fits perfectly. Thanks!
For a high school they sure had a lot of students in their twenties...

Reaction Score
Not particularly musical but a real classic (known only to the old folks...).

Here are the short version and a link to a longer one with both the music and a program intro featuring Jack Webb as the star detective. Some may note a few differences between this (starting with black and white TV) and the old shows, criminals/crimes, and police of today. ;)

Dragnet Opening and Closing Theme 1951 - 1959 and 1967 - 1970

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom