O------NO | Page 3 | The Boneyard

O------NO

Reaction Score
From all the quotes of the coaches, Liv doesn't practice well and that really gets under Geno's and CD's skin so she didn't get meaningful minutes until they had to and she took the opportunity to shine. Good for her!

Reaction Score
From all the quotes of the coaches, Liv doesn't practice well and that really gets under Geno's and CD's skin so she didn't get meaningful minutes until they had to and she took the opportunity to shine. Good for her!

So should we dispell the notion that has repeated over and over around here that if you don't practice well, you don't play?

Reaction Score
So should we dispell the notion that has repeated over and over around here that if you don't practice well, you don't play?
I think its you don't play until Geno has no other choice.....having a thin bench limits his teaching moments.

Reaction Score
I think its you don't play until Geno has no other choice.....having a thin bench limits his teaching moments.

Well, he can always start one of the other bench players unless they all practice bad, which is highly unlikely.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I disagree that the UConn coaching staff are great teachers, especially with ONO. It drives me nuts that ONO - when setting a screen - invariably spins the wrong way, that is, she doesn't 'open up' to the ball thereby becoming less of a target and losing vision on the ball. This is BASIC basketball. Moreover, she gets poor position on offensive rebounds and if she is lucky enough to get one, she brings the ball down instead of keeping it high like Miss State's McCowan for the putback. There's more...
But.. classes (the teaching) have barely begun and will continue for the next 3 years. Fully agree with your assessment, Geno and CD's method is to undue HS bad habits in year one. AKA, tear you down to build you up. Think of where Liv was in October 2018 and project where she will be come October 2019.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
But.. classes (the teaching) have barely begun and will continue for the next 3 years. Fully agree with your assessment, Geno and CD's method is to undue HS bad habits in year one. AKA, tear you down to build you up. Think of where Liv was in October 2018 and project where she will be come October 2019.
I absolutely agree. However it seems that for most freshmen it's either breaking bad on court habits/behaviors or bad practice habits. With Liv it appears to be both which makes her infuriating for the coaches.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
To answer your question, I don't know where ONO was in October bcuz she didn't play, eh? ..

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
To answer your question, I don't know where ONO was in October bcuz she didn't play, eh? ..
She didn't play? Get that ish outta here!
ONO Block.jpg

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Highlight of the game, particularly with Mabrey crumpled to the floor, wondering if someone got the license of the truck that just ran over her.
But, of course, that is not the way that Geno and CD want her to block shots. Keep that arm vertical, Olivia!

If she had made contact on that play with even the tip of Mabrey's fingernail, it would have been a foul and two free throws for Miss Marina.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
But, of course, that is not the way that Geno and CD want her to block shots. Keep that arm vertical, Olivia!

If she had made contact on that play with even the tip of Mabrey's fingernail, it would have been a foul and two free throws for Miss Marina.
Of course you’re correct, but man oh man that was one serious, kick-ass shot block that turned the tide of the game imo.

I am reminded of a championship game in MBB many years ago between UCLA and Jacksonville. Jacksonville came in with two 7’+ twin towers, including 7’ 2” AA Artis Gilmore. UCLA had their own AA in 6’8” Sidney Wicks.

At that time, dunking a basketball was illegal in CBB. Legendary HC John Wooden instructed Wicks to block Gilmore’s 1st shot, even if it meant goal tending.

The first time Gilmore touched the ball he shot a baby hook in the lane from 5’. Wicks knocked the shot out to half court. Of course it was ruled goal tending, but for all intents the game was over as UCLA went on to win comfortably.

Reaction Score
I remember saying this in either late November or early December. Kid has a lot of talents that can't be taught and her ceiling is possibly as high as any post her age. This off-season is going to do so much for her physically and mentally. Go Huskies!!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
You tell me .. the proof is in the pudding, n'est-ce pas?
The proof of the pudding is in the eating. And she had made quite a few opposition shooters eat the ball lately.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Necessity is the nuller of intention.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom