NYT "Maps" on Shifting Conference Alignment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NYT "Maps" on Shifting Conference Alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why couldn't the Big Ten get aggressive and add UConn, Rutgers, Louisville and Cinci? That would get them to 16 and they could divide into a East Division and Central Division:

East:
UConn
Rutgers
Cinci
Louisville
PSU
OSU
Michigan
Michigan State

Central:
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Indiana
Purdue
Iowa
Missouri
Northwestern
Illinois

There, done. Great conference that can compete with the SEC and ACC. It expands their presence to the east coast and the NYC market.

Do you have any juice to get it done?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
tosu never lets cincy in
academics never let lville in

the b10 with nd now gone can go to work to get to 16. 4 of ist/kan/kst/ok/okst/mizzu/rutgers/uva/md will be the answer. the b10 will not let the b12 move first as they already have a limited amount of teams they can go after. if the b12 gets any stronger, the b10 may not be able to get a kansas or ok type. they now have to act.

my guess is rutgers/kansas/kst/ist to the b10. its 2 over lap markets but you fdont get kansas without the brother. ist just locks up turf basically and alows the b10 to go to east/west yadayada. the $$ is about the same per team so its not a impressive add but it gets the b10 netowrk more tvs and the league at 16 and 1 of the big 4 for life. now the b12 can act to get to b16 which they own name wise. they can also now do east/west. byu/fsu/clem is only the start of this...

Reaction Score
And they don't consider UConn why?

I don't see what Iowa State buys them. You don't need to lock up turf, just get a foothold. And Missouri won't leave the SEC. I could see Kansas and I don't think they HAVE to take K State too. Oklahoma, maybe. I could see no Cinci since they already have OSU. Rutgers and UConn gives them NYC and a strong eastern presence. I don't see Louisville academics as a major issue. So maybe you grab Kansas instead of Cinci. It will be tough to sell Oklahoma on a move to the B10, I think. If you can, then maybe Kansas and Oklahoma with UConn and Rutgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1
Top Bottom