NYC Point Gods | The Boneyard

NYC Point Gods

Reaction Score
If you don’t have showtime I think it’s worth getting a free trial to watch this. Nice mix of game clips and commentary.

Reaction Score
Real good documentary, only thing I wish is that they would have broke it up. Ex: older player episode, newer player episode, influence currently around the NBA.

The homer in me really wanted to see at least a little bit on Kemba

Reaction Score
Heard this was good, psyched to check it out

Reaction Score
Real good documentary, only thing I wish is that they would have broke it up. Ex: older player episode, newer player episode, influence currently around the NBA.

The homer in me really wanted to see at least a little bit on Kemba

yup, would’ve been nice to see at least a 3 min segment near the end on kemba‘s epic 2011 run.

Reaction Score
Saw a re-eun yesterday, The Dookie was Bobbie Hurley. We looked devistated after Anderson bopped past him.

Reaction Score
I loved the show but did find it interesting that Sue Bird wasn't considered a NYC point guard despite going to Christ the King. I realize everyone else was legitimately from the city and not commuting into HS but she is arguably the most successful point guard in NYC high school history and she didn't get an honorable mention.

Also, was Lenny Wilkens mentioned?

Reaction Score
I loved the show but did find it interesting that Sue Bird wasn't considered a NYC point guard despite going to Christ the King. I realize everyone else was legitimately from the city and not commuting into HS but she is arguably the most successful point guard in NYC high school history and she didn't get an honorable mention.

Also, was Lenny Wilkens mentioned?

Love Sue Bird but she's only the most successful NYC PG in womens history, and that she is easily.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Just caught this yesterday. One of the more interesting things for me was that NYC makes their own rims instead of buying commercial rims. They make them extra strong/thick and sometimes even double rims to deal with the elements and abuse so they are far less forgiving. That explains why NYC point guards don't shoot from outside as well - they just don't take as many on the playground as it's a far better percentage getting to the rim.

Cool program for sure and great to see Kemba's ankle breaker in the opening sequence.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Kenny Anderson was sooooo good in HS and in college.
Anderson's 1st college game was at the HCC, the first game of a Big East/ACC Challenge doubleheader. I pretty much insisted that our group go to the first game to see the kid. What I didn't know was that they weren't selling beer at the games and everybody was pissed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom