NY Yankees 2019 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

NY Yankees 2019

Reaction Score
Whatever happened to Troy Tulowitzki? Obviously, the Yankees don't need him the way they've been playing, but they don't even include him on the injury report that they do during the games. Is he finished for the year? Also, Meridith Marakovits is built like the proverbial brick s-house. Hope that's still OK to say in 2019.

Reaction Score
:oops:
Whatever happened to Troy Tulowitzki? Obviously, the Yankees don't need him the way they've been playing, but they don't even include him on the injury report that they do during the games. Is he finished for the year? Also, Meridith Marakovits is built like the proverbial brick s-house. Hope that's still OK to say in 2019.

So true almost forgot about him. He’s been so injury prone over the last few years I would’ve been surprised if we got half a season from him anyway. Worked out fine nonetheless huh?

I ran into Meredith at Fenway had a chat she’s a nice kid. She’s a big girl but in a good way, especially in a couple important areas.

Reaction Score

e-yankees-coming-to-an-end/307887618 He's done for sure there are at least 4 guys in triple A alone who I would put ahead of Tulo in Valera, Estrada, Ford, and Wade. Its sad to see because when I went down to Tampa to spring training he looked great, crazy that Urshela was signed to minor league deal at the time.

Reaction Score
e-yankees-coming-to-an-end/307887618 He's done for sure there are at least 4 guys in triple A alone who I would put ahead of Tulo in Valera, Estrada, Ford, and Wade. Its sad to see because when I went down to Tampa to spring training he looked great, crazy that Urshela was signed to minor league deal at the time.

Agree but let’s hope we don’t see Wade again just don’t like him. Whines when he was sent down and not sure why they like him so much. Some guys can hit .300 in AAA but just don’t have it for the next level. That’s him he’s overmatched in the bigs and would prefer he was traded soon. Like Estrada a lot more.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
at what point does the baseball world say 'hey, wait. are we looking at an alltime great team?' I dunno, but im sure enjoying the ride. save the 'bbut starting pitching!' shtick, cuz we got plenty of arms. looking forward to jmonts return. dude feels to me like andy, v.2.0.
sanchez
didi
stanton
voit
torres
hicks
encarnacion
dj
judge. offense anyone? already blew up the hr record.

pax
happ
domingo
cc
kahnle
ottavino
britton
masa, chappy. pitching anyone? arms and hammers.
(not to mention clint, brett, gio, andujar, estrada, bird, ellsbury, jmont, green, holder betances, seve, or the pantload of farmhands)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree but let’s hope we don’t see Wade again just don’t like him. Whines when he was sent down and not sure why they like him so much. Some guys can hit .300 in AAA but just don’t have it for the next level. That’s him he’s overmatched in the bigs and would prefer he was traded soon. Like Estrada a lot more.

Thats what I'm saying of course injuries to Tulo have a lot to do with it. Could only see Wade up the the Yankee roster in September if Estrada is packaged in a trade for a pitcher since hes 22 and can play multiple positions and has power.

Reaction Score
Whatever happened to Troy Tulowitzki? Obviously, the Yankees don't need him the way they've been playing, but they don't even include him on the injury report that they do during the games. Is he finished for the year?

The last report I saw on him int he local paper was in early June when it announced he was sent home from the Yankees rehab camp in Tampa to continue to rest. Haven't heard a thing from him since and with Didi back, Urshela still doing well, and LeMahieu and Torres pounding the ball, don't anticipate hearing anything about him until he is released in the off-season. I was hoping he would stay healthy enough for the Yanks to use him to trade for some minor league depth at the end of the season when the insured guys came back; but, it did not happen.

PS - The Dark Knioght has fallen, Matt Harvey got released for the Angels.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The way the Yankee starters have looked lately, the asking price for top pitchers in the trade market is probably getting steeper by the inning. Bad time for the whole group to look like AA ball. In the playoffs they aren’t going to get 8+ runs a game to play with.

Reaction Score
The way the Yankee starters have looked lately, the asking price for top pitchers in the trade market is probably getting steeper by the inning. Bad time for the whole group to look like AA ball. In the playoffs they aren’t going to get 8+ runs a game to play with.
Tanaka got hammered tonight

Reaction Score
Guess we now know why there have been no Tulowitzki updates as of late. Was certainly worth the gamble on him. Sorry it didn't work out better.

Troy hangs up the spikes

It also takes a good person to recognize when its over and time to start the next adventure. While he maybe done as a player, I suspect we'll see him around baseball again. Is he a HoF candidate?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yankees need to let their starting pitchers grow beards and long hair. Maybe just go the whole season with using 3-4 relievers a game.

Reaction Score
And no alcohol was involved, either.

Yanks once again built for the regular season.

Bingo Dove. I told all my local Sox buddies if you don't take 3 of 4 or sweep the Yanks you do suck and won't make the playoffs. They were pitching well enough to let the hitting win games for a long time but the reality of the pitching was always Tanaka has a crappy elbow that should've been repaired years ago, CC is fn old, Paxton seems to have trouble pitching in/for NY like so many in the past and Germain is tired already from being handled like a baby. Happy was a bad resign they needed to add to the staff and instead Cashman adding the usual. I mean Lemahuie a great p/u and the Urshula trade worked it's way back in but they were in dire need of a #1 and #3 Happ wasn't an answer, there were others out there. Charlie Morton? Cheap and would be your stud, swing and miss. Ridgefield CT kid although a Sox fan growing up I still would've been thrilled to have him. Cole wanted to be a Yankee 2 years ago they swung and miss and too Stanton as their big deal, hows that working out. Paying for nothing. Corbin? They didn't want to pay? LOL

This team will not win the east they are tremendously awful right now. This will be an epic collapse just short of the 14 1/2 gam lead of the Sox in 78. even if the remained steady, won games and the East they wouldn't beat anyone in a 5 or 7 game series because their pitching is horrific. So here's the deal, do not even think of giving anyone anything from the minors for a rental or anything other than a stud. Ride out the wave and begin to build a staff for next year, a winning and younger staff. Everyone wants the 20 year old kid, here's what I say BRING HIM UP let's see how good he is. He HAS to be better than what they're throwing out on the mound now I'm sure.

Reaction Score
Bingo Dove. I told all my local Sox buddies if you don't take 3 of 4 or sweep the Yanks you do suck and won't make the playoffs. They were pitching well enough to let the hitting win games for a long time but the reality of the pitching was always Tanaka has a crappy elbow that should've been repaired years ago, CC is fn old, Paxton seems to have trouble pitching in/for NY like so many in the past and Germain is tired already from being handled like a baby. Happy was a bad resign they needed to add to the staff and instead Cashman adding the usual. I mean Lemahuie a great p/u and the Urshula trade worked it's way back in but they were in dire need of a #1 and #3 Happ wasn't an answer, there were others out there. Charlie Morton? Cheap and would be your stud, swing and miss. Ridgefield CT kid although a Sox fan growing up I still would've been thrilled to have him. Cole wanted to be a Yankee 2 years ago they swung and miss and too Stanton as their big deal, hows that working out. Paying for nothing. Corbin? They didn't want to pay? LOL

This team will not win the east they are tremendously awful right now. This will be an epic collapse just short of the 14 1/2 gam lead of the Sox in 78. even if the remained steady, won games and the East they wouldn't beat anyone in a 5 or 7 game series because their pitching is horrific. So here's the deal, do not even think of giving anyone anything from the minors for a rental or anything other than a stud. Ride out the wave and begin to build a staff for next year, a winning and younger staff. Everyone wants the 20 year old kid, here's what I say BRING HIM UP let's see how good he is. He HAS to be better than what they're throwing out on the mound now I'm sure.
It wouldn't surprise me to see Tanaka and CC pitch above .500 for the rest of the season and for the Yankees to easily win the AL East. Have to give them credit for their record considering all the key early season injuries.
The Sox are probably structured better for the playoffs even with their shaky bullpen. Their starting pitching at least has the potential to win some playoff games. A few starters would be moved to the bullpen during the playoffs.
It would be easy for Sox fans to become delusional after watching them score a zillion runs in this series. This covered up the fact that the Yankees were able to score runs against the Sox bullpen and that continues to be a huge problem.

Reaction Score

Also couldve signed Keuchel for nothing and not having to give up a draft pick surprise surprise hes pitching lights out for the Braves now, I agree dont know how much the better the rotation would be for whats out there on the market unless its someone like Thor or Bumgarner. There needs to be a complete over haul in pitching, Larry Rothschild needs to go, and develop better pitching within the organization.

Reaction Score
Also couldve signed Keuchel for nothing and not having to give up a draft pick surprise surprise hes pitching lights out for the Braves now, I agree dont know how much the better the rotation would be for whats out there on the market unless its someone like Thor or Bumgarner. There needs to be a complete over haul in pitching, Larry Rothschild needs to go, and develop better pitching within the organization.

Yeah agree on Rothschild boot him. Thor is 4.60 or whatever which translates to over 5 in the AL don’t want him. Baumgarner maybe straight up for Frazier but nothing else his numbers worsen every year and that’s not the route I want for the future. I would take Boyd, Ray or Strohman well before them.

Reaction Score
What they need is for their pitchers to pitch better. I don't see anyone on the market that is a better option than Paxton or Tanaka. Those two guys have as much stuff as anyone. They just need to pitch better consistently.

Reaction Score
Yeah agree on Rothschild boot him. Thor is 4.60 or whatever which translates to over 5 in the AL don’t want him. Baumgarner maybe straight up for Frazier but nothing else his numbers worsen every year and that’s not the route I want for the future. I would take Boyd, Ray or Strohman well before them.
This is insane.

Reaction Score
What is insane? Explain away LOL
Your post. You said you would take Boyd, Ray, or Stroman well before you would take Bumgarner or Syndergaard.

Every once in a while we all have a moment where we say something that's completely insane. I'll just chalk your comment up to that. There's no way you actually believe what you said.

Cashman has been really good getting position players but it's inconceivable how bad he's been at getting starting pitchers. He hasn't brought in a good starter in a decade and now we will probably have to trade our top pitching prospect and other players just to get non aces like Bauer or Ray. He could have pulled the trigger and just paid a bunch of better guys already so they aren't left in this position. It's absurd they didn't just pay Keuchel. Hal and Cadhman need to get their heads out of their arses.

Reaction Score
Your post. You said you would take Boyd, Ray, or Stroman well before you would take Bumgarner or Syndergaard.

Every once in a while we all have a moment where we say something that's completely insane. I'll just chalk your comment up to that. There's no way you actually believe what you said.

Cashman has been really good getting position players but it's inconceivable how bad he's been at getting starting pitchers. He hasn't brought in a good starter in a decade and now we will probably have to trade our top pitching prospect and other players just to get non aces like Bauer or Ray. He could have pulled the trigger and just paid a bunch of better guys already so they aren't left in this position. It's absurd they didn't just pay Keuchel. Hal and Cadhman need to get their heads out of their arses.

What makes you the expert on the guys with the highest ERA in the national league which means you add half a run to top it off? You’re funny not any of these guys are aces especially Thor he’s the worst of them at 4.33 and goes 6 tops most times. Strohman was best bet under 3 ERA and that’s simple. Ray is like 179/40 Ks to walks and under 4 era he’s ok. Bumgarner is a bulldog so maybe I throw him in with the others.

I’m fine with what I said not saying I’m right but you thinking I’m that far off is a joke of an observation lol...stick to basketball SJ stay in your lane.

None worth Garcia in the trade, none.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom