NY Yankees 2019 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

NY Yankees 2019

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Now the speculation and the rumors will begin. The price of playing in NY.

Reaction Score
What a 9th inning!!

DJ with a monster at bat resulting in a two run jack. Tie game.

And when Springer got on base I knew tha game was ending off the bat of Altuve. It was destiny. And Chapman wanted nothing to do with him as we saw by those first two pitches. Then he sneaks a slider on for a strike.

And then....POW.

#gonats

Didn’t want anything to do with Altuve but pitched to him with Marsinek on deck brilliant.

Reaction Score
Houston was the better team. Tough to win a 7-game set without at least 2 top-end starters who can keep the game in sight and absorb a lot of innings, especially 4 games back-to-back.

The Yanks really need to take a close look at their roster in the off-season. The good news about the season is that a lot of the younger guys played a lot of games due to injury and some of them have potential. Cashman may want to save some money on field players who have their contracts coming up and invest in at least another top-end starter and to deepen the bench. I am no longer sold on Sanchez as he defense and inability to do more that hit HR's or K, especially in the big games is worth his upside. I would also love to dump Stanton (and his poor quad); but, it will never happen.

PS - Anyone catch the news that came out during the playoffs that MLS wants to do a serious overhaul of the Minors.

They want to focus on more successful teams, which we know means profitable, get the teams geographically better aligned, and eliminate certain leagues overall, such as Class A Short Season. The end result will be a 25% reduction of teams (160 to 120), which could include some really popular teams such as the Lowell Spinners (Red Sox), Brooklyn Cyclones (Mets), Staten Island Yankees, State College Spike (Cards), all of whom play in the New York-Penn League.

Reaction Score
Have a feeling the yankees will make a run for Lindor and a big time SP. They have chips and it's time they use them.

Hope to see a good WS. Some big time talent taking the field.

Reaction Score
From what I've read, Cole is going to command somewhere in the $30M/yr range which would seem to place him out of reach for the Yankees, given the way they've gone about free agency the past year.

The Yankees first need to figure out what they plan to do with their own free agents. Do they keep Didi or move Torres to short and DJ to second? Do they re-sign Chapman? Obviously he gave up the Altuve HR, but he still had a very solid season. Or, so the re-sign Betances and move Britton to the closer position? I'm thinking they'll keep Gardner around for another year. His production didn't seem to slip at all and he's a veteran presence in the clubhouse. What happens to Andujar/Voit/Bird/Frazier? Lots of unknowns for now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom