Number 1

Reaction Score
College Basketball Applause GIF by NCAA March Madness
Gampel will be rocking Wednesday night.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Rat Poison

Just put a bigger target on our backs. I like being disrespected :)

PS: With Clingan, we're the best team, so there's that

Reaction Score
I’m more impressed by the length of the shorts in 2009
I think there was a fairly famous (or "boneyard trending") topic about shorts a few years ago, someone can correct me if I am wrong. But it was mostly everyone taking the piss out of the OP which resulted in much hilarity.

Reaction Score
None of this would have happened without going home to the Big East and getting Danny. I hope the skeptics that wanted us to join the B12 for football reasons finally shut up.

“The Big 12 represented almost a third of this Top 25 with a national-best eight teams.”

The SEC was second with four. The Big East has three ranked teams. Nos 1, 17 & 18.

The Big 12 is the nation’s best basketball conference.

You will get no arguments from me on the Hurley part of that statement, so glad we have him.

But why wouldn’t we want our basketball in the best conference?

Reaction Score
Just in time for our nemesis Creighton. Now is the time for domination and destroying their tiny little kryptonite rock.

Reaction Score
Hate being #1 but love it. One bad game or an unlucky bounce and it’s a painful fall from the top that can play head games with the players. But, it’s nice to be the king.

Reaction Score
“The Big 12 represented almost a third of this Top 25 with a national-best eight teams.”

The SEC was second with four. The Big East has three ranked teams. Nos 1, 17 & 18.

The Big 12 is the nation’s best basketball conference.

You will get no arguments from me on the Hurley part of that statement, so glad we have him.

But why wouldn’t we want our basketball in the best conference?
I’ll give you a few reasons
1. We are located in the Northeast. We have a rich history here.
2. Does it really matter if we are in the Big 12? With our #1 ranking, I don’t think so.
3. The amount of travel involved. Half our games would be in the Midwest or west coast. Do you think our players and fans find that appealing?
4. The cost of travel especially as the Big12 wasn’t interested in our other athletic programs and would not pay our school a full member share.
5. I don’t think Hurley has any desire to coach games not in our area. I get the DePaul. Marquette, Butler, Xavier argument on geography, but we have a strong east coast presence. See point 1.

I’m curious to know what other Yarders think.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I hated those shorts and I can't believe they even existed. Just awful.
Remember that kid from St Bonnies whose shorts looked like baggy pants on him?

EDIT...photo is above

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom