Number 1 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Number 1

Reaction Score
The best part about being #1 is we no longer have to hear about how it’s been 15 years since we were last ranked #1.
Or the posters here who think everyone has an agenda against us.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ask Coach Hurley what the state of the program was when he took it over. I'm nearly certain that dumpster fire would sound mild by comparison.

Coach Hurley and his staff have done a miraculous job.

Are you one of the fans that would have preferred if UConn had only won 4 National Championships just so you could bash Ollie more?

Reaction Score
None of this would have happened without going home to the Big East and getting Danny. I hope the skeptics that wanted us to join the B12 for football reasons finally shut up.
Actually when we got Danny who was the best available coach out there we were in the AAC . He recruited Akok , and Bouk when we were still in that conference . Him being Northeastern Basketball royalty he was obviously going to have huge recruiting pull in that important area rewardless of where he was .Also at his third program he had assembled a competent staff of trusted assistants.,
To be truthful I saw the flirtation with the Big 12 as an opportunity to get us into the ACC or better , although inclusion in the B12 wouldn’t have hurt his ability to recruit in fact with more resources in this pay for play world it could be easier .
99% of non partial observers saw UConn’s return to the Big East as an attempt to at least salvage basketball but giving up on football and any future power conference membership . I think that might have been the initial intent but realization of message caused an about face .

Reaction Score
The defensive clinic that we saw vs Creighton gives us all a clue to what this team can do when properly motivated. Hurley is working toward that because when shots are not falling we can stay in tight games. But combine that with a game where 3’s are made and it’s a formula for blowout wins, which we saw last year. We have a tremendous staff for big game scouting and strategy and if healthy we have what we need talent wise. None of this ensures anything but damn we’re in a good place right now, and that’s even with some likely BE losses that can happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom